Kicker.. ugh.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
The Rams should somehow pick up Harrison Mevis. He has a great leg and had made pressure kicks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Rams should somehow pick up Harrison Mevis. He has a great leg and had made pressure kicks.

Even as a Mizzou fan...Mevis has made pressure kicks, and he's got the best leg in the draft...but he's missed chip shots as well. I'd rather have Karty or Reichard.

dang

Legend
Kickers?!? Don’t talk to me about Kickers!! Kickers?!? You kidding me??

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even as a Mizzou fan...Mevis has made pressure kicks, and he's got the best leg in the draft...but he's missed chip shots as well. I'd rather have Karty or Reichard.
Mizzou hater? Must be a Jayhawker lover!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Kicker thread... this shit ain't right yo.

cat face GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO - & from what I saw & Mcvay stated with the kicking group.

Maher should be brought back with the young guy who took over for him.Competition is always good.

My view would be to develop Ethan Evans if possible. Dude squats more than any Ram player(500 lbs).He boots the crap out of it. Then Les talked about the whole kicking game.He talked about not knowing much & is learning.He will probably step aside on that ?

We saw how things played out.In the playoffs The Rams weren’t the only ones to have difficulty.
It’s a big part of the game.Funny how The Rams got into The Playoffs on a missed FG to the GIANTS!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
IMO - & from what I saw & Mcvay stated with the kicking group.

Maher should be brought back with the young guy who took over for him.Competition is always good.

My view would be to develop Ethan Evans if possible. Dude squats more than any Ram player(500 lbs).He boots the crap out of it. Then Les talked about the whole kicking game.He talked about not knowing much & is learning.He will probably step aside on that ?

We saw how things played out.In the playoffs The Rams weren’t the only ones to have difficulty.
It’s a big part of the game.Funny how The Rams got into The Playoffs on a missed FG to the GIANTS!!

Maher can't be counted on to make extra points but you think he should be brought back? I'm certain the Rams can draft or get someone better.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Ok, once and for all…
Under 40 yards? Those are gimmees, rarely should a kicker miss.

Over 50? It would be nice to have a guy who makes more than he misses. Those are the bonus kicks.

Between 40 and 50? Those are the $$ kicks—the difference between NFL kickers and guys looking for work.

The Rams bring in as many UDFAs to camp as it takes to get down to 3-5 legit candidates. If the offense wants to score during preseason, they need to be in the red zone or score on 1rst or 2nd down because the Rams are taking a knee on 3rd down if they’re between the 20 and the 50 yard line and then attempting a FG.

May the best leg win

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The draft is a shot in the dark when it comes to kickers and there is better value for late round picks at other positions. With last season’s disastrous kicking performance, we need someone established. Time to target Kai’imi Fairbairn or Chase McLaughlin in free agency.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Time to target Kai’imi Fairbairn or Chase McLaughlin in free agency.
It certainly feels safer to go this way, for a team with playoff aspirations.

If we draft or sign a rookie, and it doesn’t work out, we are back to combing over free agent options again.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peyton Manning quote:
"I’m out at my third Pro Bowl, I’m about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we’re honoring the Hall of Fame, and we’re talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. "When I get home, I’ll deal with it. If he is still a teammate, we’ll deal with it. That remains to be seen.”

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd be good with bringing GZ back for a year or two while they sort it out. He seems to have gotten past his back issues and has been very solid for Jets especially under 50.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Go get McLaughlin, we have the cap space.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Get one of the better kickers in the draft with one of the 6th round picks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maher can't be counted on to make extra points but you think he should be brought back? I'm certain the Rams can draft or get someone better.

Well I’m of the opinion that he will get a chance to prove his f he can or not. There will be more than 1 kicker in camp.

I 100% think The Rams willl not draft a kicker.

Who is your choice? Look at your team the 9ers.they only drafted a kicker in 2023.

Ethan Evans was an excellent draft pick.He really has a GREAT LEG ! Punting & kickoffs. He needs to improve on his holding,but he should improve.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well I’m of the opinion that he will get a chance to prove his f he can or not. There will be more than 1 kicker in camp.

I 100% think The Rams willl not draft a kicker.

Who is your choice? Look at your team the 9ers.they only drafted a kicker in 2023.

Ethan Evans was an excellent draft pick.He really has a GREAT LEG ! Punting & kickoffs. He needs to improve on his holding,but he should improve.

You need an upgrade when making extra points is a challenge. The Rams will be contenders next season and extra points and FG's under 50 yards should be close to automatic.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You need an upgrade when making extra points is a challenge. The Rams will be contenders next season and extra points and FG's under 50 yards should be close to automatic.

141 made 149 attempts. Grow up .
In 2022 he was 90% overall in FG %. To say he can’t do it is BS.

Get him in training camp to compete. How much Rod coin are we wagering that he is brought back? -training camp ?