Kenny Young Traded

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't like the value we get back on Young in this. Not that he's worth more than that, but rather that he's worth more on our depth chart and the bench than that 6th round pick.

But I do like that they're making room for Jones. It is time. Young and Reeder have been inconsistent as fuck.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One good thing, the Rams add another $1 mil.+ to our CAP.
Yeah they must have wanted that cap room. Otherwise they're better off sticking his ass on the bench where he belongs and having good depth while Jones replaces him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very excited that the Jones era now begins. :part:

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Restructuring Hav and now unloading Young. Connect the dots.

Im wondering who they're eyeballing?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Must be a move coming. He was playing the best for our ILBs and reeder just got abused. Was warming up to Young. Don't like this.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
From what I’m reading, the Rams have cleared over $5M by restructuring Hav and trading Young.

Trade coming?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
How much was he being paid? And was he a free agent after this year? I still don't like it. He was a starter on a championship caliber team.
$2M for the season...with being 7 games in, should be abt $1.2M of cap room added.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Something else is going on behind the scenes.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Guessing (partly from Rodrigue's posts) that this is about cap savings (sounds like they were still in not great shape even with Hav restructure) and getting Jones on the field. Think Rams are going to be doing a lot of tinkering with secondary due to injuries and possibly elevating safeties from practice squad. May need that money for movement back and forth with practice squad though not sure the intricacies of that.

May also speak to Rochelle's injury status and needs to make moves there. Not necessarily trades but movement back and forth with signing players and practice squad.

swmizzou83

Starter
I really hope they know what they're doing. While Young hasn't been amazing he is the only LB that has made any plays at all this year

WestCoastRam

Legend
Without a trade, I'd look to see another safety/CB elevated to 53. Hughes and Scott gets a bit more playing time in back end, Rapp moves closer to the line of scrimmage even more as Young's snaps get divied up between him and Jones.