Kenny F****** Britt!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Good research Sir den, we however are hoping for the new and improved version of KB who eclipses all past performance because little dreams take as long as big dreams ,so WTF dream big.

IMO, I don't think his impact necessarily needs to translate to "eclipse all past performance", but rather be the guy on the field for 16 weeks, that he has shown to be in the past.

With THIS system, I think trying to project numbers in the passing game, i.e. receptions, yards is a crap-shoot. There are just too many unknown variables, as to how much they will actually throw the ball, which if I were to guess, over the 16 games will barely approach 500 attempts. Even with a 63% completion % there are not gonna be that many receptions going to any one guy.

But if Britt can be the VETERAN in this group, and take advantage of his "prove it" contract, he should be exactly what this team needs to make the passing game EFFICIENT AND PRODUCTIVE.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO, I don't think his impact necessarily needs to translate to "eclipse all past performance", but rather be the guy on the field for 16 weeks, that he has shown to be in the past.

With THIS system, I think trying to project numbers in the passing game, i.e. receptions, yards is a crap-shoot. There are just too many unknown variables, as to how much they will actually throw the ball, which if I were to guess, over the 16 games will barely approach 500 attempts. Even with a 63% completion % there are not gonna be that many receptions going to any one guy.

But if Britt can be the VETERAN in this group, and take advantage of his "prove it" contract, he should be exactly what this team needs to make the passing game EFFICIENT AND PRODUCTIVE.
I'll buy that

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gentlemen the most receptions Britt has had in his career has been 45 (2012) the most yards and TD's 775 & 9 (2010) my hope is for about 800 yards and double digit TD's along with his blocking and the ability to work with Quick because they are similar in size/speed to improve the kid as well.

When the chips are down or the game is on the line Sam needs a go to guy he trusts to make the tough catch and get a first down and much to the chagrin of everyone on this board the receiver Bradford trusts the most on the roster currently is Austin Freakin Pettis so let's hope that does change with the addition of Britt.
I don't know that you can really say that any of the receivers were Sam's go to guy or that there is anyone Sam really trusts yet. Austin was the guy in a couple of games but then others in other games. I think we will see more of the same this year only the receivers will be a year better. Will KB step up? Hopefully. But I am thinking Pettis will be an after thought much like most of his career thus far. The guy has great hands for the most part but seems to run with a leash attached to his defender.

My guess is that we will have a few players in the 500-700 range and two with more. One of those two I am almost positive will be TA. The other? Probably Britt. 2015, I think the WV duo get back to their leaping chest bump ways.

MauiRam

Rookie
If Britt is good enough to consistently draw double coverage, that in itself would be a solid bonus for the rest of our receiving group. If Kenny draws double coverage and beats it anyway, we might end up with a budding star. As was pointed out by another poster, Kenny looked great in shorts with little to no contact. Missouri is the ""show me" state, and Britt will get his shot to do just that next month ..

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My guess is that we will have a few players in the 500-700 range and two with more. One of those two I am almost positive will be TA. The other? Probably Britt. 2015, I think the WV duo get back to their leaping chest bump ways.

I concur and in 2015? If Britt is successful I would be very careful paying him, but he does seem to have quite an affection for Fisher. As of right now there are some superb receivers that will become free agents in 2015, however, I expect the good ones to be signed by their current team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I concur and in 2015? If Britt is successful I would be very careful paying him, but he does seem to have quite an affection for Fisher. As of right now there are some superb receivers that will become free agents in 2015, however, I expect the good ones to be signed by their current team.
If they end up re-signing Britt, I fully expect some very strong personal conduct clauses. And I would expect that to be the case regardless of which team is negotiating with him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If they end up re-signing Britt, I fully expect some very strong personal conduct clauses. And I would expect that to be the case regardless of which team is negotiating with him.

Concur, but I was sure hoping Jerry Jones would get so mad after the Cowboys go 4-12 this year and let Dez Bryant go...If you're going to sign a receiver to a strong personal conduct clause might as well hope for the best one?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
As fans it's fine for us to hope for a big contribution from Britt but I hope the FO is a bit more circumspect in their thinking. There is a reason Britt had to settle for the contract he did. And the facts are he's done nothing to change that. Including his x rated twitter or whatever it is posting. Lots of talk in otas. Prove it on the field. Sorry but I have an expectation of high sta dards for the guys I thi k should be Rams and this guy hasn't done anything to earn my respect. Show just a little contrition for your past behavior and prove something on the field than your a Ram in my eyes. Until than I remain guarded with any enthusiasm.

ramaslama

Concur, but I was sure hoping Jerry Jones would get so mad after the Cowboys go 4-12 this year and let Dez Bryant go...If you're going to sign a receiver to a strong personal conduct clause might as well hope for the best one?
lets hope he puts us in that position trying to resign.