Kenny Britt Stays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sorry, don't like it. Way too much(if he gets near what that tweet says) and we have bigger issues.
If he gets anywhere near what $7M a year, it's likely because he earned it. The guaranteed is really what matters.

V3

Hall of Fame
If he gets anywhere near what $7M a year, it's likely because he earned it. The guaranteed is really what matters.
He'll get the guaranteed since it's only 2 years. If the contract is short, guaranteed doesn't matter.

It's not horrible since it's so short but we have absolutely no O-line and I absolutely HATE the idea of having more than one rookie starting on the line. I also hate how we're probably going to be forced to take O-line at 10 now instead of BPA.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Great stuff. The guaranteed money seems low, can't wait to check on rest of contract. If we can just sign Barksdale or Blalock I consider this FA a resounding success. (I can't say I'm in love with Wiz as a FA).

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Good signing. Like the low guaranteed.

Anyone know what our cap situation looks like now after all these new signings?

jjab360

Legend
Sorry, don't like it. Way too much(if he gets near what that tweet says) and we have bigger issues.
Without Britt, we only have Quick coming off a broken shoulder, Bailey, and TA. Not to mention Britt seemed to be a big part of what got Quick motivated last year. He's a complete, young receiver, we needed him back, and if that's what it took (though most of it is probably incentives), then so be it.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
fuck yea. Im pretty confident in the receiving corp now. I wouldn't blink if we decided to pass on receivers in the draft. get the meat and potatoes now.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Good signing. Like the low guaranteed.

Anyone know what our cap situation looks like now after all these new signings?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe we had around $15M before Britt's signing. Just going off memory though

RamBill

Legend
WR Kenny Britt staying with Rams
By Nick Wagoner
ESPN.com

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ams-agree-two-year-deal?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Wide receiver Kenny Britt is sticking with St. Louis, having agreed with the team on a two-year deal, the Rams announced.

Financial terms were not revealed.

Britt signed a one-year deal with the Rams last year after spending his first five seasons with the Tennessee Titans.

In signing with St. Louis in 2014, Britt was reunited with coach Jeff Fisher, who spent a first-round pick on Britt in 2009.

Britt, 26, finished with 48 catches for 748 yards and three touchdowns in 2014. Those 748 yards were the second most in Britt's career and the most by a Rams pass-catcher since Torry Holt in 2008.

For his career, Britt has 205 catches for 3,198 yards and 22 touchdowns.

V3

Hall of Fame
Without Britt, we only have Quick coming off a broken shoulder, Bailey, and TA. Not to mention Britt seemed to be a big part of what got Quick motivated last year. He's a complete, young receiver, we needed him back, and if that's what it took (though most of it is probably incentives), then so be it.
If we can somehow fit a C and OG in, I'll be fine with it. I STRONGLY feel the O-line is more important than some of the players the Rams have been signing. I'm tired of Fisher seemingly making the O-line the least important part of this team and/or thinking coach Beau can turn chicken shit into chicken salad. I don't want to see another injured QB and I'd like him to have more than 1 second to throw, not to mention the running game.

RamBill

Legend
Rams bringing back Kenny Britt on two-year deal

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: March 13, 2015 at 09:51 p.m.
Updated: March 13, 2015 at 10:03 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ed-to-resign-kenny-britt?campaign=twitter_atn

The St. Louis Rams will hang on to free-agent receiver Kenny Britt.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the receiver is staying with the Rams on a two-year deal worth up to $14 million, per a source informed of the situation. Britt receives $4.3 million guaranteed.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver first reported Wednesday that the team was expected to re-sign the 26-year-old pass-catcher.

Keeping Britt adds some semblance of consistency after a bevy of offseason changes on the offensive side of the ball. The Rams added a new offensive coordinator in Frank Cignetti before the team swapped Sam Bradford for Nick Foles on Tuesday.

The enigmatic Britt set a career high with 48 catches to go along with 748 yards and three touchdown snags in 2014 -- the second-best statistical year of his career. However, he topped 70 yards in just two contests.

The Rams will take another spin with the one-two combination of Tavon Austin and the 6-foot-3 Britt -- No. 51 on Around The NFL's top 101 free agents list -- for at least another year. Jeff Fisher could be in the market to add another wideout in a deep draft.

The Rams also announced they re-signed free agent tight end Lance Kendricks.

FRO

Legend
Got to sign Barksdale now and hopefully one more offensive linemen. Our line was our weakest point going into the offseason, and it still is. I also don't want us going into the draft with a ton of offensive line needs. I want us to be able to go BPA.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe we had around $15M before Britt's signing. Just going off memory though

Not bad, thanks. Still plenty left over to re-sign Barks and the draft picks. And hopefully enough leftover to grab another lineman in FA.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
hooray.gif

RamBill

Legend
Rams, WR Kenny Britt agree on two-year deal
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 13, 2015, 10:32 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/13/rams-re-signing-wr-kenny-britt/

An upstart NFC club is keeping its leader in receiving yards from a season ago.

The Rams and wide receiver Kenny Britt have agreed on a two-year contract worth close to $14 million, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported Friday night. The deal includes $4.3 million guaranteed, per Rapoport.

In his first season with St. Louis, Britt started 13-of-16 games in 2014, catching 48 passes for 748 yards and three touchdowns. He had played his previous six seasons with Tennessee, which drafted him in Round One in 2009.

For all of his NFL experience, Britt does not turn 27 until September. And now, the Rams have moved to keep him under contract during two more of his prime years. What’s more, he can again test free agency before he turns 30.

Britt was 99th in PFT’s free agent rankings.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If we can somehow fit a C and OG in, I'll be fine with it. I STRONGLY feel the O-line is more important than some of the players the Rams have been signing. I'm tired of Fisher seemingly making the O-line the least important part of this team and/or thinking coach Beau can turn chicken crap into chicken salad. I don't want to see another injured QB and I'd like him to have more than 1 second to throw, not to mention the running game.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams front office didn't agree with you... got to have people willing to come in for a visit to sign them. We've asked Wiz and Blalock to come already and they haven't yet. The other oline guys signed richer contracts that I would not have wanted us to be tied to.

jjab360

Legend
If we can somehow fit a C and OG in, I'll be fine with it. I STRONGLY feel the O-line is more important than some of the players the Rams have been signing. I'm tired of Fisher seemingly making the O-line the least important part of this team and/or thinking coach Beau can turn chicken crap into chicken salad. I don't want to see another injured QB and I'd like him to have more than 1 second to throw, not to mention the running game.
Everybody knows we need O-linemen lol, that's painfully obvious. It doesn't mean we didn't need to bring back Britt, or we didn't need a 3rd DT, or an OLB. There's still Free Agents out there like Wis, Blalock, Barks who have all have been connected to the Rams as well as all of the draft, it will get done eventually. And what does it matter what order we do it in as long as it gets done?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Had to be done. If aj is worth $7m a year on his old legs britt certainly is.