Keep an eye on CB Aqib Talib

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-br...partner-with-Broncos-for-Aqib-Talib-114363529
Talib turned in some of his best seasons (and won a ring) under the son of Bum, who ran Denver's defense from 2015-16 before joining Sean McVay's staff last offseason. Phillips and Talib remain close, and the two share a mutual respect of one another.

Phillips also could have a job opening at corner, with Trumaine Johnson set to become a free agent. If Johnson bolts, Talib is a no-brainer replacement to start opposite Nickell Robey-Coleman or former teammate Kayvon Webster.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not underestimate how much Sonofbum is revered among former players.

And with the Rams ascending as they are, the combo would almost certainly land Talib unless some team really opens the checkbook. Breeland's gonna cost more because he's much younger. I'd be happy with Talib and bringing most of the crew back.

And I really wanna see Troy Hill next year to see if his improvement can continue.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Can't have to many CB's
train

Yep, two biggest reg season losses occurred in part to losing CBs during those games against the Eagles and Vikings. Lack of depth hurt us in those two games.

nighttrain

Legend
Yep, two biggest reg season losses occurred in part to losing CBs during those games against the Eagles and Vikings. Lack of depth hurt us in those two games.
What i was going to, was a real bad deal losing those two, ahh, next season :yay::boxing::football:
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No thanks on Talib. Thirty years old and he's a known character risk.
IF we where to sign Talib, and I'm not saying I'm for it, It would be on Wade's approval. If he thinks it would work that would be good enough for me!(y);)

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The Rams now have a bit of leverage with Tru. Talib seems to be an good fit with the Rams, considering his past with Wade. Have been negotiating with Tru for a couple of seasons, time for a final offer to him, or move on.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Dude's gonna be 32 in like two weeks. You know he's gonna want to be paid on his reputation, not his current and near-term future level of skill. Plus he's a raging asshole.

Just bring Gaines back and draft a CB in the 2nd. Maybe toss some money at Kyle Fuller.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what makes me laugh more the bring back EJ Gaines or Saffold to left tackle comments.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Not sure what makes me laugh more the bring back EJ Gaines or Saffold to left tackle comments.
Why? Gaines played great in Buffalo. He missed a few games, but was a difference-maker in the 11 he started. I'd WAY rather have 26-year-old Gaines on any team than 32-year-old Talib if the cost is the same, and if Talib wants more? Pfft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? Gaines played great in Buffalo. He missed a few games, but was a difference-maker in the 11 he started. I'd WAY rather have 26-year-old Gaines on any team than 32-year-old Talib if the cost is the same, and if Talib wants more? Pfft.
It’s been discussed dozens of times when the trade happened and after. Gaines is a good zone corner. He however isn’t as good in Wades scheme as a press man corner. He really doesn’t fit our defense and that’s why he was traded. A year later and playing decent in Buffalo doesn’t change that he isn’t a scheme fit.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Id really like to see what Hill has to offer next year. The kid was straight balling the last couple weeks and in the playoffs when it mattered most. I mean he was everywhere and had a top grade among CBs in the first week of the playoffs. Maybe the Rams aren't as concerned as some of us think they are.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Dude's gonna be 32 in like two weeks. You know he's gonna want to be paid on his reputation, not his current and near-term future level of skill. Plus he's a raging icehole.

Just bring Gaines back and draft a CB in the 2nd. Maybe toss some money at Kyle Fuller.

We don't have a 2nd round pick in this draft, gave it up for Sammy Watkins.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Don't see Talib as part of the Rams.
One year into complete change in the locker room.
McVay built a culture that was a first year success, and only high character additions were made to the roster.
Be a shock to me to see this change so quickly, especially given the success of the team on the field this year.

TexasRam

Legend

And the skins game. They couldn’t move the ball on us in the second half when we finally figured out how to stop the run.

Then Tru went out. Cousins then threw a TD strike against our backup DB which I believe want Countess.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And the skins game. They couldn’t move the ball on us in the second half when we finally figured out how to stop the run.

Then Tru went out. Cousins then threw a TD strike against our backup DB which I believe want Countess.

Yep, forgot about that, but they beat Peterson, who then went to the PS.