Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone needs to photo shop Case Keenum kissing his biceps.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oh well, another year of backup quarterback for any other reason.
Don't count us out yet! I remember when Green went down in 1999 everyone thought the season was over, because we had to go to a guy who was Bagging groceries a shot time before!
There's a lot of Football left in this season, with a lot of teams still in play!!
At least 8 teams are 4-5 and still have a shot at the Play-Off's!!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Best case scenario, Keenum plays like Drew Breese every game and we trade Foles for a fourth round pick. We still have Mannion to develops behind him, then draft another QB.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Best case scenario, Keenum plays like Drew Breese every game and we trade Foles for a fourth round pick. We still have Mannion to develops behind him, then draft another QB.

Even in the best case scenerio, Foles would not bring a really hot trade market.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Even in the best case scenerio, Foles would not bring a really hot trade market.

Well, getting out of the contract alone would be good. We could use it to sign a proven G. But then again, it's my belief FA are FA for a reason. Typically, you overpay for any "good" player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, getting out of the contract alone would be good. We could use it to sign a proven G. But then again, it's my belief FA are FA for a reason. Typically, you overpay for any "good" player.

We can't really get out of the contract. We're stuck paying the $6 million. I doubt we can get him traded by the 3rd day of the new league year. Yes, it's possible. But it'll be a real struggle.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
We can't really get out of the contract. We're stuck paying the $6 million. I doubt we can get him traded by the 3rd day of the new league year. Yes, it's possible. But it'll be a real struggle.

If you trade him, you get out of the contract. (y)

I bet the Jets would do it, or the Browns. Not sure what his value is.

Nobody thought we'd get a really good trade on Bradford.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you trade him, you get out of the contract. (y)

I bet the Jets would do it, or the Browns. Not sure what his value is.

Nobody thought we'd get a really good trade on Bradford.

No, you don't. :p

Once we pay him the roster bonus, he has the roster bonus. And that's $6 million of the $8.75 million owed to him next year. Plus, we'd have to eat $2 million in prorated signing bonus. Which means that trading him only saves us $0.75 million.

Like I said, he has to be traded before the 3rd day of the new league year or else we don't get out of the contract.

I doubt the Jets or Browns will do it. I think our best bet would be Houston. And we would have to take almost nothing.(like a late round pick)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

Once we pay him the roster bonus, he has the roster bonus. And that's $6 million of the $8.75 million owed to him next year. Plus, we'd have to eat $2 million in prorated signing bonus. Which means that trading him only saves us $0.75 million.

Like I said, he has to be traded before the 3rd day of the new league year or else we don't get out of the contract.

I doubt the Jets or Browns will do it. I think our best bet would be Houston. And we would have to take almost nothing.(like a late round pick)

Jeeze Louise, Jrry...

You can't trade anyone now, anyway. Of course I'm talking about the offseason. I wouldn't want to trade him right now because we haven't even seen Keenum yet.

C'mon man :cool:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

Jeeze Louise, Jrry...

You can't trade anyone now, anyway. Of course I'm talking about the offseason. I wouldn't want to trade him right now because we haven't even seen Keenum yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeeze Louise, Jrry...

What I'm saying is that we have two days to trade him at the start of the next league year or else we're stuck with his contract. ;)

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
What I'm saying is that we have two days to trade him at the start of the next league year or else we're stuck with his contract. ;)

Oh okay, I got ya.

That should hinder nothing, though. They can talk to teams about it at any time and execute the trade on time rather easily.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh okay, I got ya.

That should hinder nothing, though. They can talk to teams about it at any time and execute the trade on time rather easily.

Yes, they can. But it doesn't mean it'll get done in time. There will likely be minimal interest in Foles and you have to hope that the team(s) interested doesn't want to wait until FA or the draft.

jap

Legend
ha ... two can play at this game ... CK to be our savior !!!!

tumblr_nthiezgp8S1sw1kfgo1_500.gif

I thought TGII was Superman.