Keenum to start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I will submit that all these positions will look MUCH better in 3 weeks...You'll see marked improvement on Sunday...esp. from Quick & Cook...Two serious ballers.
A QB is paid the way he is because his influence on the success of a team, specifically the offense...Brady is more than 1/3...he's probably more than 2/3rds...I'd say 3/4....Hell, Romo is 3/4ths.....I good QB helps the defense...3 & outs kill defenses...So, you're being a little...a little disingenuous....to say that a QB is only about 1/4 of any offense...even an offense as pitiful as this...And If a Stafford, Luck, Cutler, Cam, Carr, Winston, Manziel...yeah I added Johnny....were running this ship...we'd be rolling...and I bet Brett Hundley IS better than Foles...Mannion too...

Oh he will....they have some excellent selections in Westwood....I see him at 235 lbs in 5 years...
If our, new, new, new, OL can gel, and fingers crossed, to get, and gain some on the job experience, our team could really gain some depth for the future. Playing Foles the last few weeks, kind of really hurt our year, this year. I'll wish for the best, but the aforementioned, oldest, new line, wasn't playing badly, when they were all in there.

Thye need to stop with the bogus holding calls on Robinson, especially, when every big, sprung play. started with their OL, bear hugging our contain guys, right at the point of impact. No calls were made on them. Bear hugging, watch the plays if you still have them. Easy, blatant calls, err, no calls.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Our Oline is in shambles and I am sure that Keenum will make some mistakes. But I can't help but be optimistic about his arm and mobility.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thye need to stop with the bogus holding calls on Robinson
Holding could be called on every play in an NFL game....we know that...
Something was up with the refs...they were looking for certain things this game..the 2nd and 3rd holding calls were terrible...It probably made Greg whiff on another rush later that got Foles drilled.

I think the line will do well....they have a thing out here in youth sports...they call it "daddy-ballers". It's when a kid plays, especially a certain position, because his daddy either coaches or is influential with a team...The Rams have been "daddy-ballin" too much.. We play guys because of what they're "supposed" to do, instead of what they "actually" do...The line is the same way...I kinda love the way G-Rob is in the :poop: or get off the pot....7 games...eyes on you...I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn into a run blocking beast...this week. A bunch of us were calling for Wichmann...only on the opposite side of Brown..Not like this...

Hoping we'll see....G-Rob_Reynolds_Barnes_Wichmann_Battle/Donnal and yeah I want Batlle more than Donnal...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Holding could be called on every play in an NFL game....we know that...
Something was up with the refs...they were looking for certain things this game..the 2nd and 3rd holding calls were terrible...It probably made Greg whiff on another rush later that got Foles drilled.

I think the line will do well....they have a thing out here in youth sports...they call it "daddy-ballers". It's when a kid plays, especially a certain position, because his daddy either coaches or is influential with a team...The Rams have been "daddy-ballin" too much.. We play guys because of what they're "supposed" to do, instead of what they "actually" do...The line is the same way...I kinda love the way G-Rob is in the :poop: or get off the pot....7 games...eyes on you...I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn into a run blocking beast...this week. A bunch of us were calling for Wichmann...only on the opposite side of Brown..Not like this...

Hoping we'll see....G-Rob_Reynolds_Barnes_Wichmann_Battle/Donnal and yeah I want Batlle more than Donnal...

I had, and said at the time, to my friends watching the game, the same thing. It sucked for him. He was frustrated, and later, that is exactly why I thought he had the whiff. I call it, the subtleties, of controlling a game. Not unlike the punt returner last week, that everyone was afraid to touch. Little things like that change a game. Not all see's things like that. Fox, allegedly called the league office before the game, to complain about the Rams, and he was having a very friendly chat with one of the zebras before the game. "Hey, watch Robinson, he grabs a lot". That is what my paranoid mind thought of after a couple of calls.

My problem, is not the calls, although most of them bogus, but the one-sidedness of the same calls. BEAR HUGGING is a call that SHOULD be made EVERY time, especially at the POI, although I agree that holding can be called on every play, pretty much.

Sorry, about the shouting, it fires me up!

It will definitely be interesting to see how the OL performs, and who plays where. In any case, it will probably take a few weeks for everyone to get acclimated, and this will probably hurt Keenum, and Gurley to some extent. I hope his feet can counteract that.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Good luck to Keenum ...

tumblr_mwf7fzYkch1rlapeio1_250.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I will submit that all these positions will look MUCH better in 3 weeks...You'll see marked improvement on Sunday...esp. from Quick & Cook...Two serious ballers.
A QB is paid the way he is because his influence on the success of a team, specifically the offense...Brady is more than 1/3...he's probably more than 2/3rds...I'd say 3/4....Hell, Romo is 3/4ths.....I good QB helps the defense...3 & outs kill defenses...So, you're being a little...a little disingenuous....to say that a QB is only about 1/4 of any offense...even an offense as pitiful as this...And If a Stafford, Luck, Cutler, Cam, Carr, Winston, Manziel...yeah I added Johnny....were running this ship...we'd be rolling...and I bet Brett Hundley IS better than Foles...Mannion too...

Oh he will....they have some excellent selections in Westwood....I see him at 235 lbs in 5 years...
Indeed.

/off topic: Look for a fast casual restaurant called Cava Grill opening pretty soon in Westwood (one just opened this month in Westfields - Village of Topanga). I am an investor in that restaurant and expect you all to love it on the left coast. Picture a Mediterranean Chipotle with much better, locally sourced foods.

/back on topic: If CK can help provide a modicum....dare I say, slightly below average offensive effort, we will wish we had started him earlier. This team really should be 6-3 right now IMO. Fuck.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

I remember watching that game and thinking, "how did they NOT start this guy sooner?". He flicked that second TD pass 55+ yards flatfooted and leaning back.

#armtalent

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wouldn't it be awesome to have Brian Quick develop into Andre Johnson? They have similar build.

We are always snake bitten with injuries to young promising players (Bradford, Quick, Gaines, Brown etc.) FREAKING SUCKS!

I'm not giving up yet, but Quick needs to turn it on.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Honestly, I don't have any illusions that Keenum will turn out to be Kurt Warner part II. Those stories are far and few in between. Keenum won't have Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Proehl catching passes. He doesn't have Pace protecting his blindside.

The Rams have personnel issues at the receiver and line positions. Receivers aren't very good at getting open or making the catch when they do get open. The line isn't very good at protecting quarterbacks.

But I do know a change had to be made. With all the other problems Foles created plenty of his own. Not going through progressions. Not reading defenses. Inability see when receivers are open. Inaccuracy with throws the times there is an open receiver. He was a total mess and getting worse. He needed to sit and maybe get a different perspective.

No, I don't have any illusions Keenum will be our savior. But a change had to be made. Hopefully Keenum can provide a spark and make enough plays put them in a position to win. Gurley and the defense are the stars. Keenum just needs to compliment the way Foles couldn't.