Keenum and Goff: Discuss making change at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
My pitchfork is as sharp as anyone's here, but I really think they want Goff to start at home for the 1st time. Don't worry if Keenum can't handle the Jets this year, his starting days will be over. The post game press conference will be fun if Fisher loses 5 in a row. Either way, lets go, 2 winnable games to get back to .500. This is crucial to our 7-9 BS!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Well, at least I'm free on Sunday now. Not going to waste my time watching this non-productive offense quarterbacked by a guy who simply does not have the physical skills to be a quality NFL QB.

Fisher's insistence on sticking with Keenum at this point is bordering on absolutely bizarre.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The biggest fuck up in this entire situation is Stan Kroenke. Should have issued a pink slip weeks ago. (years ago would have been good too).

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
The "star" running back rushed for 48 of a team 59 yards rushing.

Penalties were again sadly laughable with Carolina committing 5 penalties for 35 yards while the Rams were flagged 10 times for 109 yards taken away.

Offensive line play was, well, less than impressive.

Rams offense had 339 yards vs just 244 for Carolina.

^^^ Keenum again passed for almost 300 yards. ^^^

The Rams kicker made 1 of 3 field goals while the opposing kicker made 2 of 3, which made up one of the differences in a 3 point loss.

My opinion is that the quarterback position is not the team problem. If the newly drafted quarterback could do better with what the team has to work with this year, it would be more than remarkable.

Thanks for your input Jeff.
I appreciate the attention, but this thread is not really about me.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
The biggest freak up in this entire situation is Stan Kroenke. Should have issued a pink slip weeks ago. (years ago would have been good too).

You fire fisher guys are going to be like the cut Quick guys. Very pissed off when it doesn't happen. Kroenke loves guys like fisher he won't fire him

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
You fire fisher guys are going to be like the cut Quick guys. Very pissed off when it doesn't happen. Kroenke loves guys like fisher he won't fire him

I'm a Rams fan. I've been pissed off for the last decade. Him not getting fired won't change anything the least.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

trying to make sense of - what fisher is thinking, why he sounds so smug when he hasn't had a winning record for a decade, how he is still coaching in the nfl with said record.

stock-photo-33675006-mentally-ill-man-in-strait-jacket-on-gray-background.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Absolutely awesome article!
Will Jeff Fisher ever read it? No. He just too intelligent for stuff like that.

Armyramfan

UDFA
Name
Spencer
Keenum is not your problem, nor is the coaching considering the team as a whole.

Last game:

The "star" running back rushed for 48 of a team 59 yards rushing.

Penalties were again sadly laughable with Carolina committing 5 penalties for 35 yards while the Rams were flagged 10 times for 109 yards taken away.

Offensive line play was, well, less than impressive.

Rams offense had 339 yards vs just 244 for Carolina.

^^^ Keenum again passed for almost 300 yards. ^^^

The Rams kicker made 1 of 3 field goals while the opposing kicker made 2 of 3, which made up one of the differences in a 3 point loss.

My opinion is that the quarterback position is not the team problem. If the newly drafted quarterback could do better with what the team has to work with this year, it would be more than remarkable.

I think its safe to say you failed to mention the eleven interceptions, four of which came against a team that had the least turnovers in the league to the whopping nine touchdowns Keenum has thrown. You also failed to mention the fact that Keenum MISSES receivers wide open down field for most likely touchdowns. He fails to see the entire field, and when he does target the receiver open down the field, he throws a pass only the goliath can have the mere chance to catch by laying out for it or simply under throws them by a yard or two. Only a few of the passes he does throw are smart to an open receiver while the majority of them Quick, Britt and Kendricks have to make outstanding chances to catch. I hate to say it, but I've seen better analysis of a quarterback from the coach of a second grade flag football team. I can't believe that I'm the only one to realize the games Case does win are those where he throws the ball less than thirty times. But thank the lord for him being able to complete a left handed shovel pass. Must I add, which successful quarter back raises his arm to throw a pass while he's being hit up high for a sack? Thank god Benny was there.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think its safe to say you failed to mention the eleven interceptions, four of which came against a team that had the least turnovers in the league to the whopping nine touchdowns Keenum has thrown. You also failed to mention the fact that Keenum MISSES receivers wide open down field for most likely touchdowns. He fails to see the entire field, and when he does target the receiver open down the field, he throws a pass only the goliath can have the mere chance to catch by laying out for it or simply under throws them by a yard or two. Only a few of the passes he does throw are smart to an open receiver while the majority of them Quick, Britt and Kendricks have to make outstanding chances to catch. I hate to say it, but I've seen better analysis of a quarterback from the coach of a second grade flag football team. I can't believe that I'm the only one to realize the games Case does win are those where he throws the ball less than thirty times. But thank the lord for him being able to complete a left handed shovel pass.
Hyperbole much?

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
you may be right. I am just preparing for the worst before things get better in a few years

The worst is happening right now.

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
I think its safe to say you failed to mention the eleven interceptions, four of which came against a team that had the least turnovers in the league to the whopping nine touchdowns Keenum has thrown. You also failed to mention the fact that Keenum MISSES receivers wide open down field for most likely touchdowns. He fails to see the entire field, and when he does target the receiver open down the field, he throws a pass only the goliath can have the mere chance to catch by laying out for it or simply under throws them by a yard or two. Only a few of the passes he does throw are smart to an open receiver while the majority of them Quick, Britt and Kendricks have to make outstanding chances to catch. I hate to say it, but I've seen better analysis of a quarterback from the coach of a second grade flag football team. I can't believe that I'm the only one to realize the games Case does win are those where he throws the ball less than thirty times. But thank the lord for him being able to complete a left handed shovel pass. Must I add, which successful quarter back raises his arm to throw a pass while he's being hit up high for a sack? Thank god Benny was there.
We are watching the same NFL right? I just saw celebrated rookie Philadelphia QB Wentz lose a game by throwing 2 interceptions and his team is now 4 & 4 on the season. As for writing long analysis, I'll leave it to the pundits who get paid for writing what is largely drivel for mass consumption. That won't be a popular viewpoint, but I think it will be largely accurate.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are watching the same NFL right? I just saw celebrated rookie Philadelphia QB Wentz lose a game by throwing 2 interceptions and his team is now 4 & 4 on the season.

Yep. This is true. Carson "Celebrated Rookie" Wentz has thrown 9 TDs to 5 Ints this year, and his team is 4-4. Meanwhile, Case "Not the Problem" Keenum has thrown 9 TDs to 11 Ints, and his team is 3-5.

I wonder what this team's record would be if we had a celebrated rookie giving us solid play. Probably much better than it is under Case "Not the Problem" Keenum.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Yep. This is true. Carson "Celebrated Rookie" Wentz has thrown 9 TDs to 5 Ints this year, and his team is 4-4. Meanwhile, Case "Not the Problem" Keenum has thrown 9 TDs to 11 Ints, and his team is 3-5.

I wonder what this team's record would be if we had a celebrated rookie giving us solid play. Probably much better than it is under Case "Not the Problem" Keenum.

Preach!:yay:​

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Well, at least I'm free on Sunday now. Not going to waste my time watching this non-productive offense quarterbacked by a guy who simply does not have the physical skills to be a quality NFL QB.

Fisher's insistence on sticking with Keenum at this point is bordering on absolutely bizarre.

Insanity......but bizarre works too!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
We are watching the same NFL right? I just saw celebrated rookie Philadelphia QB Wentz lose a game by throwing 2 interceptions and his team is now 4 & 4 on the season. As for writing long analysis, I'll leave it to the pundits who get paid for writing what is largely drivel for mass consumption. That won't be a popular viewpoint, but I think it will be largely accurate.

You also saw him win 3 games for them too....right?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

also Mr Wentz is a rookie making his rookie mistakes NOW ....learning on the job now .. facing "live bullets" now ....our rookie will have to face all that... when all is said and done more than likely in his 2nd year ....id rather he be facing and making those mistakes in preparation for the future but as a wiser man than me once said

fisher gonna fish

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You also saw him win 3 games for them too....right?

Not to mention you also saw him get reps that will provide invaluable learning experience by actually playing ... experience that will benefit him well in the future.

If we aren't going to win anything, then shouldn't we be doing the same thing with our shiny new QB?