Kay Adams leaving Good Morning Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I watch the weather forecast in a certain area of Mexico everyday... but I live in Orlando.
The forecasting skills are unmatched anywhere else in the world.

maxresdefault (2).jpg

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It was ruined for me when someone suggested Tony Siragusa was not hot.

That man was freaking adorable!
With that, its story time!

It was circa 1995. I was in the DMV office in downtown Fort Lauderdale waiting to get my license renewed. The place was crowded and, after taking a number, I sat in the dingy waiting room with the cast of the Star Wars: A New Hope cantina scene, waiting for my turn.

After about a half-hour, a large man enters and takes a number. He is visibly frustrated and, in a loud voice conveying his extreme impatience, he declares that he will pay anyone with an upcoming number to trade with him. There is no response, so he states, in a louder voice "I'm serious."

At this point, I am within five numbers of ending my wait in bureaucratic purgatory and getting on with my life. Nonetheless, I, somewhat sarcastically, ask what he's offering. The big man confirms my imminent turn, and asks me to name my price. A trade of numbers, by my estimation, would have extended my wait by another half hour, so I jokingly say "fifty bucks," thinking that my premium price would be quickly rejected. Instead, the big guy pulls out his wallet, and hands me a fifty dollar bill. A deal's a deal, so I complete the trade.

After the big guy leaves, another prisoner of the DMV gulag approaches me and asks "do you know who that was?" I confess my ignorance, and he explains "that was Tony Siragusa. He just signed a big contract with the Colts!"

"Damn," I reply. "I should have held out for at least $100!"

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I watch the weather forecast in a certain area of Mexico everyday... but I live in Orlando.
The forecasting skills are unmatched anywhere else in the world.

View attachment 54103
In the current climate of changing weather patterns, I personally feel it's very important that we monitor the weather in neighboring countries, especially Mexico.

Well said @Selassie I. :clap:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So glad people have ruined a thread celebrating her leaving GMFB with their own bullshit.
That’s why I just skipped all the middle and went back to calling a Kyle a Douche

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So glad people have ruined a thread celebrating her leaving GMFB with their own bullshit.
Yeah fair point and sorry to all for being a pontificating asshole. I was on a break from getting my ass kicked by yardwork and threw out some thread bombs like a prick.

It's pretty bad out there. Like working in a jungle. :laugh4:

With that, its story time!
That's a cool story. And for the record I like "goose" his takes are excellent on shit. :thumbsup1:

Oh and btw the best response for that situation would have been "what kind of car do you drive."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
As the saying goes "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you"

View: https://twitter.com/heykayadams/status/1524771411889467392

We need a ‘Yawn’ response.
I wish that we could get to the point that female analysts/commentators were treated the same as their male counterparts.

No one cares what male commentators look like.
Honestly I prefer not to look male commentators ( or coaches) with extremely punchable faces.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wish that we could get to the point that female analysts/commentators were treated the same as their male counterparts.

Mostly male audience so...

And let's not say that some fugly ass male commentator would make it today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You raise an interesting point, but when pretty much all of the female commentators (not just in sports, by the way) are objectively attractive (the same can't be said about the men), it does call into question the criteria used to hire them. That's not to say that the ones on TV don't have football knowledge. It just comes across like looks are a bigger factor for female personalities.

I think that, to some degree, the networks underestimate their audience. If, for example, there was a female commentator with the insight of say, Louis Riddick (or, if you don't like him, an analyst you like) and the charisma/enthusiasm of John Madden, but looked like... I don't know... Roseanne Barr... I'd be interested in watching/listening to her. If I want eye candy, I'll find it elsewhere.
So... What male commentators are ugly? I don't give a shit personally, but are there any these days?

It's about show biz these days and even the former slobs are all cleaned up for the small screen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Mooch is one funny MFer. :laugh4:

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
So, you think that John Clayton, Tony Siragusa and Rex Ryan looked good on camera?

Or, stated another way, who, among the female analysts, is the equivalent of those guys from a looks standpoint?

Its all well and good to say you'd prefer to watch pretty people on the screen. Let's not pretend, though, that this preference applies equally to both genders when it comes to NFL TV analysts.
The only 2 NFL reporters I could come up with are Shelley Smith and Pam Oliver and neither are hideous but I don't think they are being kept on the air based on their looks

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

My mom and my wife care what Howie Long looks like when they comment about him on the Fox pregame show :)

Flint

Pro Bowler
You raise an interesting point, but when pretty much all of the female commentators (not just in sports, by the way) are objectively attractive (the same can't be said about the men), it does call into question the criteria used to hire them. That's not to say that the ones on TV don't have football knowledge. It just comes across like looks are a bigger factor for female personalities.

I think that, to some degree, the networks underestimate their audience. If, for example, there was a female commentator with the insight of say, Louis Riddick (or, if you don't like him, an analyst you like) and the charisma/enthusiasm of John Madden, but looked like... I don't know... Roseanne Barr... I'd be interested in watching/listening to her. If I want eye candy, I'll find it elsewhere.
Doris Burke is one of THE best color people doing the nba, and she’s older, and she’s not gorgeous.
Kinda funny though, she’s kinda become a sex symbol because she’s good at what she does which is hot.

Flint

Pro Bowler
That's another good point.
One problem is there’s no shortage of men willing to say something really really stupid. I haven’t seen a woman willing to debase herself saying ridiculous unbelievable things on a daily basis

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
One problem is there’s no shortage of men willing to say something really really stupid. I haven’t seen a woman willing to debase herself saying ridiculous unbelievable things on a daily basis
Never watched "the view" huh?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You’re right but I was thinking more female sports loudmouths like Skip and Steven A.
Figured you probably meant sports but I saw an opening and took it lol. As far as females in sports you are right on that account for sure.