Jurors find L.A. Rams strength, conditioning coach Ted Rath not guilty of sexual battery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
I realize and respect the not guilty thing, but other players have had the NFL come down on them, even if they aren't guilty of what they're accused of. I can't see Rath escaping punishment from the NFL, who are normally very quick to crack down on people accused of what Rath was accused.
wont be long, season is almost upon us
train

nighttrain

Legend
I realize and respect the not guilty thing, but other players have had the NFL come down on them, even if they aren't guilty of what they're accused of. I can't see Rath escaping punishment from the NFL, who are normally very quick to crack down on people accused of what Rath was accused.
if I was Rath and the NFL makes is so i am unemployed, i'd find me a law firm and own something equal to a franchise...There is a lawyer out there somewhere who would love this case
train

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
if I was Rath and the NFL makes is so i am unemployed, i'd find me a law firm and own something equal to a franchise...There is a lawyer out there somewhere who would love this case
train

Yeah, I can see a lawyer wanting this case, but to be honest? Law is anything but my strong suit. Only thing I'm worse at is math; I failed middle school geometry.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
I don't want to cast judgments on the man, as it's not my place, and I don't know the circumstances.

In his profession, though, I think--beyond the matter of trying to punish him for a crime he was acquitted of--the Rams would be justified in letting him go if they believed his ability to coach players in this locker room would be undermined by the events that occurred, which may well be the case. Personally I would not look at a man the same way once this came out, acquittal or no. Depending how Rath may handle it moving forward, I could see him winning back the respect of the people there, but the lapse in players' ability to trust him on a personal level would be a valid reason for letting him go, IMO, and ultimately brought on by his own irresponsible behavior. So yeah, I think it's just a judgment call for all involved.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to cast judgments on the man, as it's not my place, and I don't know the circumstances.

In his profession, though, I think--beyond the matter of trying to punish him for a crime he was acquitted of--the Rams would be justified in letting him go if they believed his ability to coach players in this locker room would be undermined by the events that occurred, which may well be the case. Personally I would not look at a man the same way once this came out, acquittal or no. Depending how Rath may handle it moving forward, I could see him winning back the respect of the people there, but the lapse in players' ability to trust him on a personal level would be a valid reason for letting him go, IMO, and ultimately brought on by his own irresponsible behavior. So yeah, I think it's just a judgment call for all involved.

A lot depends on what his contract actually says. Is it guaranteed? Is there a buyout? Has he arguably been in violation by not being available for the offseason conditioning program?

If it's not guaranteed, and they decide to go with one of his assistants who has been doing his job for months, a lawyer could go for a money grab but would almost certainly lose. Also, if the Rams decide to pay out his contract but not renew it, there's not much anybody could say. "We'll pay you for 2019 even though you've missed a lot of it, but we really like the job that so and so has been doing, and we want to go with him going forward". I doubt it's a lifetime contract. Heck, I doubt it is actually even a 2 year contract. I doubt the Rams screw him - but they aren't obligated to pay him for years, and suing the Rams might even get the Rams to fight back, and refuse to do anything not ABSOLUTELY contractually obligated.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
train

Nah. Employers own the law.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
From my view point of watch practice & a feel
of the team. It’s a new season & he was a go go coach. I can’t see them bringing him back, but buy out his contract. I believe he was a big part of the team, and probably to much so that the team has to save face. Weather it is right or wrong, for the team first he can’t be brought back. He lead almost every practice & was a motivational coach. He was a big part of why Suh came to The Rams.
Training camp is almost upon us & a decision will be made soon, if not all ready?

I do wish him well.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Jurors find L.A. Rams strength, conditioning coach Ted Rath ... strong and conditioned.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wonder if Epstein gets off, or Pardoned by Trump at some point ? Does fame matter ??
Suh might of helped Rath as a good character person. A family man who Suh might be close to as well, not bringing his wife to be involved.
As a prosecutor I would wonder how much his wife was involved?? Happy wife is a happy life as the story goes.
Kobe got off pretty easy, I’m sure that was due to Roid Rage though !! That’s the Truth. He was coming off them before knee surgery in Colorado . Go take a look back at his size before that & after.
Just saw Mike Piazza on the Net. What a difference, same with Bonds.What players will do to succeed. There was good knowledge on how to get your body a max strength.

WestCoastRam

Legend
They know each other pretty well. My guess was his testimony was three fold. One: Character reference - just like you said. Two: Rath May have talked to him about the allegations and they want to show that Rath’s story has been consistent all along - he could attest to the medical condition, etc. Three: star power. Juries are people and Suh is a star. People want to be on the star’s team - not go against them.

Sounds like Suh, was there that night, no??

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Removed. The dude seems to get his jollies by giving out random ratings - especially negative ones. He's on a time out.

he must be right handed.

On_mobile_form_inputs_and_homer_simpson_fingers.jpg