JT: Barksdale Remains Interested in Re-Signing With Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The writing seems to be on the wall. He left Atlanta without a contract. He's made 1.5 million as a Ram and is being offered 3-4 million a year. That's a solid offer for an average RT.

If the Rams still want him, and I hope they do, a signing will be forthcoming soon I would bet. I'm betting he signs somewhere by Friday.

The second amount is average annual salary.
Marcus CannonPatriots$8,500,000$4,250,000$3,200,000$1,600,00037.6%2017 UFA
Sebastian VollmerPatriots$16,750,000$4,187,500$7,000,000$1,750,00041.8%2017 UFA
Jake MatthewsFalcons$16,429,500$4,107,375$16,429,500$4,107,375100.0%2018 OFA
Zach StriefSaints$20,000,000$4,000,000$6,400,000$1,280,00032.0%2019 UFA
Donald ThomasColts$14,000,000$3,500,000$3,500,000$875,00025.0%2017 UFA
Michael OherPanthers$7,000,000$3,500,000$2,350,000$1,175,00033.6%2017 UFA
Taylor LewanTitans$11,485,004$2,871,251$11,485,004$2,871,251100.0%2018 OFA

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hey Joe since you went off to explore other teams the Rams moved on already. Rams went out & got Five brand new Right Tackles in Garrett Reynolds, Rob Havenstein, Jamon Brown, Andrew Donnal & Steven Baker .........where do you fit in?

Steven Baker? UDFA?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many snaps has Havenstein taken in the NFL? Is he ready game one. No learning curve? Who plays if he or GRob gets hurt?
Lot of fans thought Jones was going to come in and start game one a couple years ago, still waiting. Jason Smith was going to hold down LT for a decade.
Till any of these draft picks get into a reg. season game theirs no proof they can play.

This is the first time since the SB years the Rams can a surplus of Oline. Use it to their advantage for once.

Havenstein comes from a college with a good reputation for producing NFL ready offensive linemen. I think he will be able to start without having a huge learning curve. Garret Reynolds is the swing tackle in case Havenstein or GRob get injured.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't think I recall you saying we should keep anyone other than Quinn and Quick.
What if Joe's last name was Quarles? Would we need him then?

(font color implied)
...Quarksdale?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Havenstein comes from a college with a good reputation for producing NFL ready offensive linemen. I think he will be able to start without having a huge learning curve. Garret Reynolds is the swing tackle in case Havenstein or GRob get injured.

I would add that of the four OL'ers they all have a blue collar look to them not blue bloods. All have traits of being smart intelligent hard workers ready to put in a days worth of work. When you study all the analysis by the many different profile sport units remarks/comments sure looks like smart eagerness to learn types.

On your Garrett Reynold comment being a swing OT..I no seen any evidence that he has ever played OLT but your right it is documented where he is a swing OG player who also can start for you @ ORT.

The swing OT is an continuing issue here. Barksdale does not fill that requirement. Neither does Garrett Reynolds. When Andrew Donnal enter college he competed with Brandon Schreff his first season but shifted to ORG then to ORT. Cody Wichmann is just a right side OL'er. Of the Ram rookies 3rd rder Jamon Brown (who is a left side guy) has extensive experience @ starting OLT so he might serve as an emergency plug in if needed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be some insurance to re-sign Barksdale in a way, but I am comfortable with the guys we drafted. Havenstein is going to be a good RT, imo.....I wonder which of these guys will fill in for Saffold if he gets the injury bug? Like I said, I think we are in good shape with these new guys..But then again, I might have the confidence of the blissfully ignorant..lol

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Who are you going to cut to add Barksdale? Are we going to try to sneak one of these rookie lineman onto the PS only to watch him get scooped away?

Its a 53 man roster, not a 73 man roster.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would not be opposed to a one-year prove it year. Let Barksdale compete for the starting spot and if he sucks, we'll ease on of the young guys into RT.

I agree. Would love to bring him back and let him compete for the RT with the rooks. Best man wins. Worst case Joe starts for a year and gives the new guys a year to gain some experience.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would add that of the four OL'ers they all have a blue collar look to them not blue bloods. All have traits of being smart intelligent hard workers ready to put in a days worth of work. When you study all the analysis by the many different profile sport units remarks/comments sure looks like smart eagerness to learn types.

On your Garrett Reynold comment being a swing OT..I no seen any evidence that he has ever played OLT but your right it is documented where he is a swing OG player who also can start for you @ ORT.

The swing OT is an continuing issue here. Barksdale does not fill that requirement. Neither does Garrett Reynolds. When Andrew Donnal enter college he competed with Brandon Schreff his first season but shifted to ORG then to ORT. Cody Wichmann is just a right side OL'er. Of the Ram rookies 3rd rder Jamon Brown (who is a left side guy) has extensive experience @ starting OLT so he might serve as an emergency plug in if needed.

You also have Saffold who has played OLT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You also have Saffold who has played OLT.

Yep looks like they will go that way again unless something materializes from one of the Rookies that we do not see now.....which is possible.

I hate to have to fall back on Saffold every time a OLT is injured. The last time we had a decent OLT reserve was back early 2012 with Wayne Hunter who just happened to play OLT much better than ORT...go figure:confused:.

A veteran swing OT is very rare to find. If the Ram org. felt that they are just fine now with inserting Saffold in at OLT as a starter then OK. I find that most here in ROD land are also fine with yanking the most effective Ram OL'er from his best post & inserting him there. I don't understand that. If you think that an injury to a starting OLT is a bit silly to worry about you might want to closely examine the nasty Ram history ongoing with this post.

The Org decided to play Saffold @ OLG last season with Joseph as the starting ORG. Things went south with the ORG post Rams flipped Saffold into the ORG post after the bye wk & moved Robinson to start @ OLG. This went on till the injury to Jake Long wk 8. GR was moved outside & RS was inserted back to OLG & Joseph was reinserted back @ ORG....that was bad & it was due to an injury @ OLT. Then when GR went out with a toe injury in the 2nd to last game Saffold was inserted back into the OLT post all over again weakening the interior OL even worse. Joseph/Wells/Person was a real bad trio cadre.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't think I recall you saying we should keep anyone other than Quinn and Quick.
What if Joe's last name was Quarles? Would we need him then?

(font color implied)
Haha funny. Neither one of them are free agents. If Quick don't come with it he's out the door after this Season. I like Saffold and Robinson on the line I just think that Barksdale is overrated.