JT: Barksdale Remains Interested in Re-Signing With Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bandre10

UDFA
Name
Brandon
He waited too long. I'd rather the Rams get a veteran LG, let Saffold play RG, play Havenstein at RT - that way there's an experienced player next to each inexperienced player on the line.

Barksdale has to realize that even if he signed, he'd end up a backup at some point.

I mean, if he's cheap enough, sure. I guess. But he badly overestimated his market, and the Rams spent their second rounder on a guy they expect to take his spot.
Its too late IMO. Let's develop the young talent that we have.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Barksdale has to be kicking himself and his agent in the butt right now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sign him now. They have the cap room so no big deal.

Who knows how fast the rookies will get up to speed or how many healthy bodies the will have at end of camp.

The Rams have enough depth at guard but even a average tackle at start of the season is hard to come by.

lockdnram21

Legend
Sign him now. They have the cap room so no big deal.

Who knows how fast the rookies will get up to speed or how many healthy bodies the will have at end of camp.

The Rams have enough depth at guard but even a average tackle at start of the season is hard to come by.
We don't need him Start Havenstein.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
How many snaps has Havenstein taken in the NFL? Is he ready game one. No learning curve? Who plays if he or GRob gets hurt?
Lot of fans thought Jones was going to come in and start game one a couple years ago, still waiting. Jason Smith was going to hold down LT for a decade.
Till any of these draft picks get into a reg. season game theirs no proof they can play.

This is the first time since the SB years the Rams can a surplus of Oline. Use it to their advantage for once.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I would not be opposed to a one-year prove it year. Let Barksdale compete for the starting spot and if he sucks, we'll ease on of the young guys into RT.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Blalock would be the cherry on the Rams SUNDAY this off season. Need a vet, so coach boo can focus on our 1st two OL rookies. Get them up too speed Coach Boo!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams would be making a smart move if they re-signed him. It's all about putting our best 5 out there and I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing we'll find two rookies that are better than Barksdale THIS YEAR.

Won't be a bit surprised if we pass on him and are looking back during the season and wishing we had him. The guy isn't great but he's a solid starter.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I still think we should sign him, as @jrry32 mentioned, its about putting the best 5 men on the line, Havenstein may be slow to pick up the playbook etc, its always good to have competition in camp anyway, even if its just to push our rookies...

I wouldn't mind seeing Barks stat and rotate Havenstein in as soon as he improves pass-pro ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think we should sign him, as @jrry32 mentioned, its about putting the best 5 men on the line, Havenstein may be slow to pick up the playbook etc, its always good to have competition in camp anyway, even if its just to push our rookies...

I wouldn't mind seeing Barks stat and rotate Havenstein in as soon as he improves pass-pro ;)

Plus, it's worth mentioning that Havenstein could start at OG if Barksdale wins the RT job. Or we'd have great depth if Saffold or GR or Jones or someone else goes down with injury.(which will likely happen)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Plus, it's worth mentioning that Havenstein could start at OG if Barksdale wins the RT job. Or we'd have great depth if Saffold or GR or Jones or someone else goes down with injury.(which will likely happen)
Yep, Saffold staying healthy IS my main worry on the o-line this year. I really don't see anything wrong with having 2 full O-lines ready to roll on game day... get 2 lines working as units, but with the ability to swap in and out of each other - strength in depth ;)

lockdnram21

Legend
I hear ya but Barksdale is mediocre. Why else hasn't he found a job? He's absolutely terrible in pass pro so we might as well start a rookie. Might as well get the growing pains out the way

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm enjoying the back-and-forth on the board regarding starters for the Oline...

Rookies, because they can't be worse than what we had last year....

Vets, because rookies are going to make mistakes....

It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Bring him back, let him compete. What has our line been the past decade or so if not injured? What has Barksdale been if not consistently healthy? Seems like the ideal swing guy to me...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He keeps visiting teams...feels like a girlfriend, who just broke off a marriage engagement, and she's on a date the next weekend....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Joes a member here and it would be funny if he was just reading our posts and was like "Oh, this guy thinks I'm mediocre", "Yes hello, Atlanta? I've decided to reconsider and I think I will do that workout for you. Why, you ask? I have my reasons, muahahahahaha".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think I recall you saying we should keep anyone other than Quinn and Quick.
What if Joe's last name was Quarles? Would we need him then?

(font color implied)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joes a member here and it would be funny if he was just reading our posts and was like "Oh, this guy thinks I'm mediocre", "Yes hello, Atlanta? I've decided to reconsider and I think I will do that workout for you. Why, you ask? I have my reasons, muahahahahaha".
Just in case....

Joe: Nothing personal... sign with Atlanta, please?