Jrry32 First Mock Off-Season of 2020 (1/5/20)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's all well and good, but McVay won't be giving up on 2020. I really doubt we have more than one rookie starting next season, and even that's no guarantee. Calling Boom and Allen "near rookies" is strange - the reason why they started is because McVay saw them everyday in practice and they had an entire season to absorb the offense.

Nobody expects McVay to be giving up, but it's likely we enter the 2020 season with fewer quality veteran 'horses' for the race. We may even manage to get into the play-offs should the young guys overachieve, but i'm not going to count the chickens just yet. Unless something big changes, I see 2020 as more of a developmental season.

I only refer to Noteboom & Allen as 'near rookies' based on their lack of 2018 NFL offensive game day snaps, 78 for Boom and 36 for Allen, ... and with no 2019 pre-season game participation.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
In a little late here, since I’m really not a drafnik I’ll comment on what I think I know;

1) In a perfect world we could keep Woods trade Cooks, of course that’s not happening with Cooks iffy future, I just can’t see Woods leaving, way way too valuable as a complete WR. I also like Josh Reynolds, big decision.

2) Call me stoopid but I actually value Littleton over Fowler, and I really LIKE Fowler, he (Littleton) does need a thumper next to him tho, Baltimore exposed the hell out of that, his pass coverage skills would be tough to replace. Could OBO step in? I think 45 has star written all over him, Do we cut our losses? remember, Fowler came at a steep cost. Without question as I see, this is the toughest choice

3) GZ is a must resign...they better not screw the pooch on this

btw, spot on with the opening Weddle comment!

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
I like the out of the box idea of trading Woods. But I would hope we could swing a 2nd round pick for him. His value as a proven WR in all phases and his low contract cost for a team shoud be very enticing. I turn that 2nd round pick into the best Center or guard I can get in the draft.

No disrespect for Woods, he is a Hell of a WR! But the fact of the matter is we have very limited areas of strength to trade from and we almost need to aquire more assets to cover the weaker positions like O-line. Until we address O-line there is no point of suiting up on Sunday.

I don't like losing NRC for to gain 4M, I personally think he will not be easy to replace. And CB's tend to get knicked up all the time.

I wouldn't re-sign Brockers in fact I think there is zero chance we do. I really like Gaines and SJD more than most here I think.

I'm also very internally split on keeping Fowler or not. He is no Elite player but its questionable if our depth can reproduce his sack numbers. And we really struggled generating pressure before we got Fowler.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll just throw out there that I am certain the Rams will do everything they can to get Ramsey inked this offseason. If they let that dude sniff FA it's over. Do right by him now, lock him up and work around it in your personnel decisions because franchising that dude isn't gonna work.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm also very internally split on keeping Fowler or not. He is no Elite player but its questionable if our depth can reproduce his sack numbers. And we really struggled generating pressure before we got Fowler.
He's going to get very high offers. If not it's because teams have some stuff on him off the field that still concern them but if they're just going by game film he's a high energy edge who gets good pressure and plays the run better than a lot of other more well known names. This year's film is gonna cash him in IMO.

And btw I would not sign him. Just my instincts on the guy, I don't trust him to play like he did this year over a big contract.