Joyner signs with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wish him luck.

Even when Joyner was playing well for us, there were some fans who were just never going to like him.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
That's alot of money for a small safety. I am beyond happy with the upgrade to weddle

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Joyner signs with a team with a ton of Cap $$$ to make him very happy. I hope his deal is somewhere close to safeties Landon Collins & Tyrann Mathieu. Maybe another late 2nd day 3rd round 2020 selection award from it.

Now I am waiting on the Suh & Saffold signings. Snead could end up with three 2nd day selections awards if we are really lucky. Saffold is going to be a big one!

Considering it for four years and is made at the beginning of the FA period I would imagine it is big dollars.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck to him.

He's no longer a Rams, so I won't be caring what happens now... unless they play the Rams.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders are gonna regret this deal. I always thought Joyner was a natural safety, and his play last year confirmed that. But he completely fell apart last year... not sure why.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I don't think so.

The best year he ever had, by far and not even close, was 2017 at safety. He was nearly elite.

I have a theory on Joyner - he went from playing with TruJo and Kayvon Webster - to Talib and Peters. Despite his weird look on Hard Knocks about almost quitting, LMJ was always a quiet guy. I don't know him personally obviously, but I think going from two pretty relatively quiet guys to the exact opposite in Talib and Peters could have impacted him personally.

Your coworkers are an important part of being happy at work. Add in that JJ got more confident and little more flamboyant in his second season, and LMJ seemed out of place, and I think that negatively impacted his performance. That and his time without Talib on the field, which Peters was awful and made Joyner look worse than he was.

An interesting take on it @FrantikRam coworkers / teammates can impact you, maybe he felt 'overshadowed'

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Weddle doesn't count because he was cut, right? Comp picks are seemingly unnecessarily complicated.
Right, he was a freebie after he was cut. Just Barron and Sullivan will be for another team.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Good hitter but never liked his ball in the air skills. No way he should have let Ted Ginn catch that ball in the playoffs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Strange dude. I will not miss his up & down, rollercoaster, lack of consistency.

Weddle should bring a real steady stream of consistent play. Maybe it won't be super elite play... but the consistency will be very refreshing and calming for our D and my neighbors.

Gruden will probably cause Joyner to actually take the Walmart job. Should be interesting.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hope it's a huge deal. Keep them compensation picks rollin. :p

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Strange dude. I will not miss his up & down, rollercoaster, lack of consistency.

Weddle should bring a real steady stream of consistent play. Maybe it won't be super elite play... but the consistency will be very refreshing and calming for our D and my neighbors.

Gruden will probably cause Joyner to actually take the Walmart job. Should be interesting.
I'm with ya.
One of the most exciting, but sometimes frustrating, players we've had.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner celebrating his new contract...

giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

wild ram

Rookie
Name
Erick
Supposedly 4 yrs at 42 M.

I bet not one single poster on ROD would have wanted to keep Joyner at that price.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-r...r-contract-details-Oakland-Raiders-129973434/

Don’t know what Mike Maylock is thinking??

Rumor though is he got one up on the Steelers ? They really ate guaranteed money for a couple later draft picks ??

Maylock is a Bellacheat lover !! He just gave Trent Brown huge money as well. I don’t think Joyner is even close to as good a fit for The Rams as Eric Weddle

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Supposedly 4 yrs at 42 M.

I bet not one single poster on ROD would have wanted to keep Joyner at that price.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-r...r-contract-details-Oakland-Raiders-129973434/

While I do think he's closer to the player in 2017 than this past year, I would never forgive him for the Ted Ginn catch. Inexplicable and easily could have lost us our season. One of the worst safety plays I've ever seen.

So I wouldn't have wanted to keep him for even $5 million per year.