Joyner signs with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

giphy.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Joyner. I'll always remember his hard hits, his never-give-up, feisty attitude, and his ability to cover tight ends, running backs, and receivers alike.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weddle doesn't count because he was cut, right? Comp picks are seemingly unnecessarily complicated.

well, these comp picks were introduced to compensate teams that lost free agents. a team that cut a player will get no compensation reward from that player when he signs with another team. on the flip side the team that signs a cut player should not have their compensation downgraded for their free agents signing elsewhere.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Good luck to Joyner. I'll always remember his hard hits, his never-give-up, feisty attitude, and his ability to cover tight ends, running backs, and receivers alike.

Or his "I want to quit" attitude on Hard Knocks" with 7-9.

That never settled well with me.

Better with Weddle all considered.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, as long as we don't sign a FA away from another team.

Good luck to Joyner.

Well, the Rams are going to lose a lot of lower level free agents too. Those will help keep the higher comp picks, since it's unlikely now for the Rams to sign a really expensive free agent - they just don't have the cap room. But they could lose up to 11 (unlikely) now that they've resigned Fowler. The max comp picks they can get is 4.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I wish him luck. But man, I just don't understand the dropoff in performance from 2017 to 2018 ... he looked like a guy we should lock up for a long time in 2017 ... 2018, not so much.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish him luck. But man, I just don't understand the dropoff in performance from 2017 to 2018 ... he looked like a guy we should lock up for a long time in 2017 ... 2018, not so much.

the 2018 guy will fit in well with the raiders.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Or his "I want to quit" attitude on Hard Knocks" with 7-9.

That never settled well with me.

Better with Weddle all considered.
IIRC, his issue during Hard Knocks was that he was frustrated that he wasn’t one of the starting 11. IMHO Joyner always seemed passionate about football, but for whatever reason his performance tailed off last year

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hope for the Raiders' sake they plan to play him in the slot. That's one thing Williams definitely had right.

TexasRam

Legend
I Hope Joyner does well with the Raiders. He's a class guy and has potential to put together a Career. He had some great moments and a few solid seasons with us.

He was out of sorts last year and regressed, but may just need a new scheme and scene.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I Hope Joyner does well with the Raiders. He's a class guy and has potential to put together a Career. He had some great moments and a few solid seasons with us.

He was out of sorts last year and regressed, but may just need a new scheme and scene.

What irked me was he got a huge pay rise and didn't seem interested at all on the field. He received more than double any other safety received in free agency last year. He knew that and still almost half arsed it out there.

Ram65

Legend
Joyner had his problems last year but, he was also trying to pick things up from Peters' mistakes. Single high safety seems to get eaten up by eye movement and fakes. Goff did it early in the year till teams change coverage, Hope Weddle does better. Hope Joyner settle's in with the Raiders. He was always an effort guy for the Rams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope for the Raiders' sake they plan to play him in the slot. That's one thing Williams definitely had right.

I don't think so.

The best year he ever had, by far and not even close, was 2017 at safety. He was nearly elite.

I have a theory on Joyner - he went from playing with TruJo and Kayvon Webster - to Talib and Peters. Despite his weird look on Hard Knocks about almost quitting, LMJ was always a quiet guy. I don't know him personally obviously, but I think going from two pretty relatively quiet guys to the exact opposite in Talib and Peters could have impacted him personally.

Your coworkers are an important part of being happy at work. Add in that JJ got more confident and little more flamboyant in his second season, and LMJ seemed out of place, and I think that negatively impacted his performance. That and his time without Talib on the field, which Peters was awful and made Joyner look worse than he was.