Jonah Jackson at center!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dont let it get to me too much anymore. I used to second guess almost every move the Rams made. Then Stan hired McVay, and second guessing just made me wrong more often than not. Now I trust McVay knows better than me.
Well, my Madden and NFL2K experience give me insight that McVay doesn't have.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, my Madden and NFL2K experience give me insight that McVay doesn't have.
McVay has forgotten more than I know about this game. But that has nothing to do with sniffing out the occasional serving of bullshite or general spin by the Rams.

Also being able to shoot the shit about this stuff, right or wrong, is what we do here. It's fun. As opposed to beating the team drum or citing beat writers as gospel.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The move was made 2 or 3 weeks ago according to Jourdan. I think it has more to do with Avila being more athletic and able to help out the OT or the C if needed. Also as mentioned above maybe Jacksons injury history has something to do with it and Limmer is a better C than the 3rd OG is at OG.
Makes sense to me.

Avila was a good center in college and only switched to guard when a new head coach came in and wanted to transfer one of his guys with him. So it's possible that his play really had nothing to do with the switch.

AND if you go by combine numbers alone, Avila IS bigger AND more athletic than Jackson.

Have there been any NFL teams running more of a power scheme where the center is bigger than one of or both of the guards?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
McVay has forgotten more than I know about this game. But that has nothing to do with sniffing out the occasional serving of bullshite or general spin by the Rams.

Also being able to shoot the shit about this stuff, right or wrong, is what we do here. It's fun. As opposed to beating the team drum or citing beat writers as gospel.
In the end its all about winning. We don't always agree with, or even like their decisions. But if they build a winning team its all good. And I think we can all agree they have done pretty well with that. Especially when we remember what it was like before the McVay and Snead partnership.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think most of us were surprised when Jackson was signed and then we heard Avila was moving to Center. At the time, however, it sounded like an excellent strategy, making the interior of the O-line big and bad ass. Then training camp started. Jackson gets injured, Beux Limner looks good, and Mcvay loses both of his tackles. All if a sudden, Kevin Dotson is the only one left standing.

The point is that things changed. Mccay is obviously a bit uncomfortable with the current lineup and he is trying a new strategy. My only concern, at this point, is the tackles. Hopefully Big Rob is ready to go against the Lions. I have complete confidence in the interior but I am worried about the tackles, especially if Havenstein can't play.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Not at all. But if you're looking for a victim I'm sure you'll come up with something.
Jesus Christ, dude….

“Problem here?” addresses the problem with the posts suggesting moving Avila was specifically to help Noteboom.

Talk about fucking projection.