Jonah Jackson at center!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend

View: https://x.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1829244435508699174

Had to read it twice but honestly, I can't say I'm really shocked. Always felt moving Avila from LG was a mistake, was so dominate there. Crazy that this move is happening so close to regular season. I suspect there's also some thought to Avila being able to help either guy on each side of him in this equation too.

I suspect when they tried Avila at LG and Limmer at C they went back to really really liking Avila at LG.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

View: https://x.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1829244435508699174

Had to read it twice but honestly, I can't say I'm really shocked. Always felt moving Avila from LG was a mistake, was so dominate there. Crazy that this move is happening so close to regular season. I suspect there's also some thought to Avila being able to help either guy on each side of him in this equation too.

Betting that McClendon's going to play at right tackle, if not left. I'm not sure about this move, especially so close to the season, especially since Avila was looking so good at center.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Shocked may be too strong, but I am surprised.

We have put a lot of resources at the interior O Line and I feel like we have 3 really good guards. Lets hope one of them really develops as a center.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I think the Rams are going to regret signing Jonah.

Obviously, they had no way of knowing that Limmer would be available when they signed Jonah, but the combination of Jonah’s injury record and Limmer’s quality means we could have gone AJ-Avila-Limmer-Dotson-Rob this season and saved ourselves a fuckload of money.

Just to reiterate: I don’t think that Jonah is a bad player, it’s just that he’s injury prone and Beaux is seriously good.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I’m sure he’s been taking mental reps and everything the last few weeks I doubt they just threw it on his plate all of a sudden starting this week.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Obviously, they had no way of knowing that Limmer would be available when they signed Jonah, but the combination of Jonah’s injury record and Limmer’s quality means we could have gone AJ-Avila-Limmer-Dotson-Rob this season and saved ourselves a fuckload of money.

Just to reiterate: I don’t think that Jonah is a bad player, it’s just that he’s injury prone and Beaux is seriously good.
That thought process just brings up so many other possible scenarios. Would we even have limmer then? Would we have verse?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

All good points.

The good news; you can NEVER have enough quality offensive lineman and the Rams appear to have that!

Psycho_X

Legend
I wonder if Avila wasn't working out like they planned at C which lead to the switch.
Yeah, like I said in the other thread where this was originally posted I'm wondering if the struggles we heard at times with Avila struggling in pass pro against Fiske during training camp led to this decision. I don't think it's a huge deal really but good to have the versatility I suppose.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think it's a good idea. Avila should be the LG. He can dominate there. If Jackson falters then they can turn to Limmer. Jackson has exp. playing Center and more exp. in general.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're experimenting, trying different combos to see what works.

No telling what the starting OL will be vs Lions.
Too bad they didn't keep this a little closer to the vest and totally blindside the Lions on gameday with the switch at center.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler

Can NEVER have too many quality O lineman.