Joe Tryon, Edge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
I admit I'm a fan of the UW Huskies, have been since the early '80s. As such I tend to follow their games as much as possible. That said with the obvious connection the Rams have at the university, I'd be surprised if Joe Tryon isn't on their shortlist at 57 to play edge. He's a fit for whatever the scheme Morris will play which IMO will be a more standard 3-4 hybrid.

What I like about Tryon is the same things I saw in Floyd when he first got to LA. Most people dismissed Floyd early on, but I could see from his college and Bear's film it was more a matter of poor usage than talent. Floyd has proved himself a very versatile JACK with speed, power, to pass rush or setting a hard edge, and the ability to drop into coverage. Those are the same things I see in Tryon. What could drop him into the second round would be his opting out of 2020 due to COVID. But there is no denying his range of talent and would be a perfect bookend to Floyd in replacing Brockers.

This would eliminate the Rams hoping Lewis stays healthy allowing him to simply play a rotational role behind Floyd and Tryon. I believe whether it's Joe or someone else, he is indicative of the type of player they will look for. If he's on the board I will find it hard for the Rams to pass on him and in fact he's the type of player they might try to move up to get. With their 57 and 2 third round picks as well as trade bait in Havenstein and Sebas it's not like they don't have the trade bait to move up should they want to.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck is all I'll say; Tryon's going top forty, and I'd rather not trade up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Stranger things have happened but yeah as much as I'd love to pick him at 57 chances are he's gone before that pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trade Seabass when they just lost Fox and Brockers? You want to create more holes on the DLine?

Trade Havenstein when the Rams are already short on experience at one Oline position?

Trade up when the Rams are short on picks and arguably could use upgrades at 4 or 5 positions?

I’d love for them to draft Tryon but not if they have to trade up to get him. I think he’s good but to move up he better be special, because Snead would have to make big sacrifices to pull it off.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The OP is not a fan of Joseph-Day. A point he has made numerous times.

Which makes no sense. SJD played extremely well this year, and he will likely get a huge contract from us or another team if he plays as well - or better - next year.

But @oldnotdead sticks to his opinions, and I can respect that...even when he's totally wrong. :p

dang

Legend
I admit I'm a fan of the UW Huskies, have been since the early '80s. As such I tend to follow their games as much as possible. That said with the obvious connection the Rams have at the university, I'd be surprised if Joe Tryon isn't on their shortlist at 57 to play edge. He's a fit for whatever the scheme Morris will play which IMO will be a more standard 3-4 hybrid.

What I like about Tryon is the same things I saw in Floyd when he first got to LA. Most people dismissed Floyd early on, but I could see from his college and Bear's film it was more a matter of poor usage than talent. Floyd has proved himself a very versatile JACK with speed, power, to pass rush or setting a hard edge, and the ability to drop into coverage. Those are the same things I see in Tryon. What could drop him into the second round would be his opting out of 2020 due to COVID. But there is no denying his range of talent and would be a perfect bookend to Floyd in replacing Brockers.

This would eliminate the Rams hoping Lewis stays healthy allowing him to simply play a rotational role behind Floyd and Tryon. I believe whether it's Joe or someone else, he is indicative of the type of player they will look for. If he's on the board I will find it hard for the Rams to pass on him and in fact he's the type of player they might try to move up to get. With their 57 and 2 third round picks as well as trade bait in Havenstein and Sebas it's not like they don't have the trade bait to move up should they want to.
Sorry but in what parallel universe do you live where trading Seabas would make any sense. Trading anyone from the defense after all they lost this year would be assanine.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry but in what parallel universe do you live where trading Seabas would make any sense. Trading anyone from the defense after all they lost this year would be assanine.

Don’t forget Big Rob Havenstien.That would leave depth across the Ball protecting Stafford. Add the 57 ?

The Rams have Corbett & Noteboom as Free Agents. Then what about Brian Allen & a center ??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tryon has a couple things I really value: length and power. The guy isn't a polished rusher by any means but he sure would look nice opposite Floyd even if it's in a rotation with Obo and Lewis.

He might end up playing 5T for us if we pick him (would be moved around) kind of like Weaver. They're similar in what they bring IMO with both being really nice fits.

Here's some cutups:

View: https://youtu.be/1pX1WxdvmO4