Jo-lonn Dunbar has been released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Just keep in mind that he wasn't going to either play the same spot or be on the field as much as last year. He was going to be the first linebacker off now when the nickel and dime units came on the field.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well damn,this sucks. Even if the Rams replace his gaudy stats from last year,it'll be difficult to replace the attitude and the fire that Dunbar brought on gameday. The team just got less talented on defense...no matter what the circumstances.

I agree that there must be something deeper involving this sudden release...especially with week 1 just days away?...speaking in terms of a possible distraction.

Its nothing tragic. I like our young guys plus JL,but the timing is curious to me. Has to be more to it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So we have our general in the middle and our athletic guy who can rush the passer to cover well, and all we need is a strong hard hitting guy who can develop into a long term answer and inflict tons of pain?

Where where do we find one of those?

Memphis Ram

Legend
The team needs the cap space just to make it through the season. It wouldn't surprise me if another move is made.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll miss Dunbar's presence vs. the run but he must have done something that really ticked Fisher off.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We discussed this before that Fisher acted, spoke, out of character, at least what we know of him. He called Dunbar out, so IMO, Dunbar did something bad.

Now, let's think about the business side of this, we could be be freeing up some money, because someone might become, or is available, and we have very little cap. It makes sense to free up some money, and get a player that can help us for the first 4 games.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
PhxRam said:
X said:
LumberTubs said:
They knew about the 4 game suspension long before that was announced publicly. Is it possible they've just learned of something else that won't become public knowledge for a little while in much the same way?

Seems to me that Fisher and this front office know what they're doing generally so I'm inclined to believe that there's a damn good reason for this
Yeah, probably. I don't know that Fisher would have done this because he was pissed off, because that would be putting his ego ahead of the good of the team. I'll reserve judgement on this until all the facts are out, because there HAS to be something that we all don't know going on. Or maybe someone else is ready to step up and take on that role without us losing much productivity. And only Fisher would know that.

But why wait so long to release him?

I am starting to lean towards the theory he is coming back.
Well make sure you lock your device in the floor so ya don't fall down :tooth:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Thordaddy said:
PhxRam said:
X said:
LumberTubs said:
They knew about the 4 game suspension long before that was announced publicly. Is it possible they've just learned of something else that won't become public knowledge for a little while in much the same way?

Seems to me that Fisher and this front office know what they're doing generally so I'm inclined to believe that there's a damn good reason for this
Yeah, probably. I don't know that Fisher would have done this because he was pissed off, because that would be putting his ego ahead of the good of the team. I'll reserve judgement on this until all the facts are out, because there HAS to be something that we all don't know going on. Or maybe someone else is ready to step up and take on that role without us losing much productivity. And only Fisher would know that.

But why wait so long to release him?

I am starting to lean towards the theory he is coming back.
Well make sure you lock your device in the floor so ya don't fall down :tooth:
Lmao after reading your reply to the other thread to come in and see this priceless lmao

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM looking at the bright side:
Now, let's think about the business side of this, we could be be freeing up some money, because someone might become, or is available, and we have very little cap. It makes sense to free up some money, and get a player that can help us for the first 6 games.
It doesn't appear that we freed up that much money. Even with this, we aren't close to the amount of room that Kevin said he wanted in case of in season emergencies. I'm not sure we can look at this as an opportunity to sign someone else. It will certainly help if we need it for that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM looking at the bright side:
Now, let's think about the business side of this, we could be be freeing up some money, because someone might become, or is available, and we have very little cap. It makes sense to free up some money, and get a player that can help us for the first 6 games.
It doesn't appear that we freed up that much money. Even with this, we aren't close to the amount of room that Kevin said he wanted in case of in season emergencies. I'm not sure we can look at this as an opportunity to sign someone else. It will certainly help if we need it for that.
We had so little money that this could really help us to get where we want to be.

As far as signing somebody, I think that door is always open, and it doesn't have to be a big money guy.

RamEERS

Pastor
i think this was something that had to be done.... i hate the move, i truly do, but we have the youngest team in the NFL and I guess Fisher had to make Dunbar the example and send a message to the rookies and 1st and 2nd years.... don't do stupid crap and you'll have a job on this team
if he got traded, they would just go, "well, if i do something stupid, i'll just go to another team"... by getting cut, its telling them, you're fired and you might not have a job guaranteed with another team

RamEERS

Pastor
oh... and what could also factor in is that Ray Ray is the real deal.... might be ready to start in a few weeks

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! I didn't see this one coming. As far as picking up another player, wasn't Dunbar not counting against the 53 during his suspension? That would of meant when he came back, somebody had to be cut right? I think the details will leak out later if this is the result of Dunbar's continued behavior or if it was just a business move. Anyhow, it's next man up time!!!

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
To RamEERS:
That would be obviated if he is signed to another team which he probably will be. But I agree with your point.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My GUESS is it's both. He pissed off the Fish and Fish wanted the cap room.

He will get picked up fast I would think.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamEERS said:
i think this was something that had to be done.... i hate the move, i truly do, but we have the youngest team in the NFL and I guess Fisher had to make Dunbar the example and send a message to the rookies and 1st and 2nd years.... don't do stupid crap and you'll have a job on this team
if he got traded, they would just go, "well, if i do something stupid, i'll just go to another team"... by getting cut, its telling them, you're fired and you might not have a job guaranteed with another team
Really shows nothing oh shit he got cut for being stupid oh wait didnt matter he got picked up by another team no lessons learned

Name
Roger
bluecoconuts said:
So we have our general in the middle and our athletic guy who can rush the passer to cover well, and all we need is a strong hard hitting guy who can develop into a long term answer and inflict tons of pain?

Where where do we find one of those?
Ray Ray, that's where where! lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A player like Dunbar doesn't get cut to save that little bit of cap space. He was cheap to begin with remember.

A player like him gets cut for only two different reasons IMO. The team has a guy they think is a better player for the position and depth isn't an issue at that spot.......or the player did something monumentally bad/stupid.

There is too big of a chance he won't come back so that strategy isn't viable. I don't think they have a verbal deal worked out. I think they cut him because he did something else dumb. Like fail another PED test or he tested positive for weed or whatever.