Jerick McKinnon: Entire 49ers team talking Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Cant remember the last time a team was so heavily over rated...can they all actually believe this ? They won what 5 games last year ?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Jerick let us know where they talked about watching it? I'm dying of suspense here. Will it be at Hooters?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Cant remember the last time a team was so heavily over rated...can they all actually believe this ? They won what 5 games last year ?

They beat the 3-13 Giants by a whopping 10 points, and celebrating that first win like they just won the fuckin big one.

They barely beat the 3-13 Bears by field goals only.

They beat the 4-12 Texans by again a whopping 10 points (a Texans team that lost almost all their starters).

Barely beat the Titans. Hey good for them, they beat a playoff team.

The Jaguars? Blake Bortles and his INTs? That's something that isn't so uncommon.

Meanwhile the Rams beat all these teams (sans Bears) much more decisively but aren't considered contenders because they only beat "weak" opponents.

Fuckin hell I wanted to smack anyone who said that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought McKinnon did well....ex-QB...4.4 speed...tough as nails....
but
Carlos Hyde aint no joke....I wanna see if this is an upgrade.

I think Hyde has gotten more respect than he deserves due to his college play. He hasn't surpassed 1000 in any of his four seasons in the NFL. The most TDs he has in one year is 8, but his 4 year total is only 21. His 4.2 coverage is respectae, I guess.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I would hope that’s the case for players on every team. If you got a team full of guys whose goal isn’t to win the super bowl you’re doing something very wrong

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mckinnon-entire-49ers-team-talking-super-bowl

Jerick McKinnon: Entire 49ers team talking Super Bowl

We're wading chin-deep through the eternally optimistic portion of the NFL offseason, and the San Francisco 49ers have plenty of reasons to feel good about the team's direction.

Jimmy Garoppolo's ascendancy into the realm of franchise quarterbacks (or at least getting paid like one) after guiding the 49ers to five consecutive wins coupled with general manager John Lynch's notable roster moves have spurred expectations of a by-the-bay revival that goes beyond their new glory days-inspired uniforms.

Jerick McKinnon, the former Minnesota Vikings running back who is part of the new-look 49ers, says those high expectations have permeated across the roster.

"The Super Bowl. That's what the eyes are on," McKinnon said, according to NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco. "That's the prize. That's the ultimate goal."

McKinnon isn't alone in hoping the team will be playing in Atlanta next February. While training with Navy SEALS as part of coach Kyle Shanahan's offseason program, the team was unified in its expectations.

"The whole team has talked about it," McKinnon said. "We had a thing with the Navy SEALS. They were asking us, 'What's the goal?' It was equally collaborated on: 'Win the Super Bowl.'"

Super Bowl talk among 49ers players isn't necessarily new. Former 49ers running back Carlos Hydepredicted in December that San Francisco would win the big game this season -- a prognostication that came months before he signed with the Cleveland Browns. Still, it's obvious based on McKinnon's comments that the 49ers aren't being stingy on their expectations.

A lot of the 49ers' success in 2018 will depend on their offseason acquisitions panning out. Deciding to part ways with Hyde in favor of McKinnon -- who mostly was used as a third-down back in Minnesota -- could be either instrumental or detrimental to the team's offensive aspirations.

McKinnon, for his part, knows the 49ers are aiming high when it comes to what they're trying to achieve.

"In the season, you're going to have ups and downs," McKinnon said. "That's just part of a 17-week NFL season. But at the end of it, you've just got to keep the eye on the prize, and that's the Super Bowl. So whatever it is that happens, we have to stick together as a team to get to that common goal."

Um...well...

I sometimes talk about how I'll conduct myself in interviews after I write a trilogy of novels that outsells the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series combined.

I have a better chance of that happening than the 9ers do of winning the Super Bowl...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With what they just paid him, it would be hilarious if JG played terrible this season. It could happen too, not a lot of proof he can play good that consistently.

I hope Jimmy G ends up like Brock Osweiler...

Had that amazing game against the Pats and played well for Denver...actually pretty well for Denver and better than Manning while he was out during his last year...and then signed with the Texans and became the "QB who couldn't throw straight"...

And then someone can make the commercial...with Talib and Peters..."I've got INTS and I want'em NOW! Call JG Intsworth! 877-INTS NOW!

And the 9ers fans can be draft experts in October and grumble while our guys hoist the Lombardi in February.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um...well...

I sometimes talk about how I'll conduct myself in interviews after I write a trilogy of novels that outsells the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series combined.

I have a better chance of that happening than the 9ers do of winning the Super Bowl...

I may not have a trilogy, but maybe my pentology could outsell Twilight. :D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think Hyde has gotten more respect than he deserves due to his college play. He hasn't surpassed 1000 in any of his four seasons in the NFL.

Stats tell us stuff...and sometimes they can't tell the whole story...

Many know the 9ers O-line was terrible....yet Hyde had success....Many say they have terrible wr's....but for some reason Jimmy G had success...

Hyde is a tough runner...in the pros....his ypc average shows this. I think he deserves his due.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stats tell us stuff...and sometimes they can't tell the whole story...

Many know the 9ers O-line was terrible....yet Hyde had success....Many say they have terrible wr's....but for some reason Jimmy G had success...

Hyde is a tough runner...in the pros....his ypc average shows this. I think he deserves his due.

I prefer to wait and see what he does in Cleveland, before giving him what’s not yet due.

dang

Legend
Get used to the hype. The 49ers is an interesting storyline for enough people that it will continue until it is proven to be no longer valid. I believe it will proven invalid before they meet the Rams in week 7 - however - if its still valid the Rams need to curb stomp that storyline!!

tempests

Hall of Fame
2-14 to Super Bowl in two seasons would be quite a meteoric rise and probably not very realistic.

That's OK, though. The higher you set the bar, the more it stings when you fall on your azz. By all means, reach for them stars.

San-Franciso-49ers-post-office-have-in-common.jpg

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
My hate has grown significantly for this team ever since Jimmy G-String came into the picture. I hope they fall flat on their ass week one. freak them.

Seriously. Just when you think you can't despise these douche-nozzles any more... they go out and start making outrageous claims like this. And their fans are freakin delusional as well. They "won" a handful of meaningless games to end their shit season and Jimmy G is now supposedly the second-coming. I hope he gets leveled in Game 1, and shits his pants as a result of the vicious hit.