Jerick McKinnon: Entire 49ers team talking Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mckinnon-entire-49ers-team-talking-super-bowl

Jerick McKinnon: Entire 49ers team talking Super Bowl

We're wading chin-deep through the eternally optimistic portion of the NFL offseason, and the San Francisco 49ers have plenty of reasons to feel good about the team's direction.

Jimmy Garoppolo's ascendancy into the realm of franchise quarterbacks (or at least getting paid like one) after guiding the 49ers to five consecutive wins coupled with general manager John Lynch's notable roster moves have spurred expectations of a by-the-bay revival that goes beyond their new glory days-inspired uniforms.

Jerick McKinnon, the former Minnesota Vikings running back who is part of the new-look 49ers, says those high expectations have permeated across the roster.

"The Super Bowl. That's what the eyes are on," McKinnon said, according to NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco. "That's the prize. That's the ultimate goal."

McKinnon isn't alone in hoping the team will be playing in Atlanta next February. While training with Navy SEALS as part of coach Kyle Shanahan's offseason program, the team was unified in its expectations.

"The whole team has talked about it," McKinnon said. "We had a thing with the Navy SEALS. They were asking us, 'What's the goal?' It was equally collaborated on: 'Win the Super Bowl.'"

Super Bowl talk among 49ers players isn't necessarily new. Former 49ers running back Carlos Hydepredicted in December that San Francisco would win the big game this season -- a prognostication that came months before he signed with the Cleveland Browns. Still, it's obvious based on McKinnon's comments that the 49ers aren't being stingy on their expectations.

A lot of the 49ers' success in 2018 will depend on their offseason acquisitions panning out. Deciding to part ways with Hyde in favor of McKinnon -- who mostly was used as a third-down back in Minnesota -- could be either instrumental or detrimental to the team's offensive aspirations.

McKinnon, for his part, knows the 49ers are aiming high when it comes to what they're trying to achieve.

"In the season, you're going to have ups and downs," McKinnon said. "That's just part of a 17-week NFL season. But at the end of it, you've just got to keep the eye on the prize, and that's the Super Bowl. So whatever it is that happens, we have to stick together as a team to get to that common goal."

The Ramowl

Starter
USATSI_10465963.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It the whiners plan to be at the Super Bowl they should buy their tickets now or they're not going to be able to sit together

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My hate has grown significantly for this team ever since Jimmy G-String came into the picture. I hope they fall flat on their ass week one. Fuck them.

ausmurp

Starter
With what they just paid him, it would be hilarious if JG played terrible this season. It could happen too, not a lot of proof he can play good that consistently.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Small change to make the opening statement more real.

"We're wading shin deep through"----fantasy Bull Shyt.

Grapo olpo wins 7 games and now that makes him an instant top tier QB.

going from 6-10 to winning the SB with a new coach and playbook. Well if the Rams can do it....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The irony here is Carlos Hyde was preaching similar verbiage and now he's in Cleveland, so with McKinnon, it's just simply rinse & repeat. FWIW's they are the team in our division with Garoppolo that scares me the most, but I believe strongly the Ram defense is far better than the 49er defense barring injury and that will be the difference in 2018.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Hope springs eternal for 31 other teams also, of course then along comes reality and ruins the whole thing

Sure will be nice to see this rivalry become fierce again, I like where the Rams stand here

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Isn't it every teams goal to win the SB every year at this time? Just because they believe it doesn't make it true. What are they going to do once jimmy g realizes what it is like to face the Rams starters on D?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A lot of the 49ers' success in 2018 will depend on their offseason acquisitions panning out. Deciding to part ways with Hyde in favor of McKinnon -- who mostly was used as a third-down back in Minnesota -- could be either instrumental or detrimental to the team's offensive aspirations.
I thought McKinnon did well....ex-QB...4.4 speed...tough as nails....
but
Carlos Hyde aint no joke....I wanna see if this is an upgrade.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The best goddamn 6-10 team ever.

Well, I guess we will know right away because their first game is at Minnesota so if Garoppolo' leads them to victory over the Vikings, it will gain our attention. Again I applaud Shanahan's training methods with the Navy Seals and the 49ers do concern me, but it's still a long way until September.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
At viks
Lions
At kc
At chargers
Cards
At packers

They'll be lucky to be 3 and 3 by the time we wreck them on national tv in week 7. That should end everyone's talk about a niner Superbowl fantasy.