Jeff Fisher still waiting for a head coaching gig

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will laugh myself into a loony bin if Fish becomes a HC again..lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"FISHING WITH FISHER"
Well apparently during his screen test they filmed for 3 hours and he didn't catch anything, so he dropped his pole and left.
Lo and behold McVay came upon the pole, picked it up and voila!! Landed 5 large mouth bass within minutes
I think they named him "Catch of the Year" or something like that....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Try NCAA football

I think Fish would be good in college. His ability to lead and serve as a role model for the young men would be great for a number of programs. But again, his ego is firmly in the way of what would be a good decision for him.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
At the time of Fisher's hire by the Rams I thought he was, by far, the best candidate available.

Those last couple of years when he adopted the ""they're good enough for me, so STFU" attitude and stuck with coaches and players who were clearly the "bottom of the barrel" at their positions sealed his fate and future.

No NFL owner is going to repeat the mistake of making him a HC.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well apparently during his screen test they filmed for 3 hours and he didn't catch anything, so he dropped his pole and left.
Lo and behold McVay came upon the pole, picked it up and voila!! Landed 5 large mouth bass within minutes
I think they named him "Catch of the Year" or something like that....

And then, as if to spite Fisher, Snead took the pole, used one of the bass as bait, and landed a full-grown bull shark.

Trading a bass for a shark? Not bad. :p

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher;
"success in the National Football League is built on.... You know, it starts with the quarterback, and it starts, you know, you gotta stay healthy..... and you gotta have a good staff".

Fisher did a good job of picking the quarterback however he was totally responsible for that constantly injured and changing offensive line (which he fails to mention, which in my mind renders him clueless).

He also needs to take responsibility for that half-ass staff he put together.

He seems to be just as delusional as ever.

Look what he did on Hard Knocks ? Getting rid of a Super Bowl winning QB for nothing.

I think if The Rams did not trade for Goff & kept Keenum & Foles. Built the offensive line right & hired a real NFL Offensive Cordinator things would have been all right.

Then again Fisher is so old school that he wants to run the clock out instead of playing 4 full quarters.

Look how his son F’d with Joyner & they never put him in a place to succeed at FS!! Ram fans kept saying change him up ? We all know this season he is not playing for free.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
At the time of Fisher's hire by the Rams I thought he was, by far, the best candidate available.

Those last couple of years when he adopted the ""they're good enough for me, so STFU" attitude and stuck with coaches and players who were clearly the "bottom of the barrel" at their positions sealed his fate and future.

No NFL owner is going to repeat the mistake of making him a HC.

When Rob Ryan through his keys on the desk, there was a reason.

I always thought Fisher needed to be on a Coke commercial. What a control freak as well. He goes after Dickerson & then wants to through Les Snead under the bus.He gets his extension for lying to the St. Louis Rams fan base. He always said he did not know because he didn’t want to know. To think he didn’t know is BS!!!
Fisher did help change the culture in the locker room, and the players bought in!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My prediction is they start 0-6 and Hue gets fired. They make Haley interim and he goes 8-2 showing big offensive improvement and he gets the job.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
My prediction is they start 0-6 and Hue gets fired. They make Haley interim and he goes 8-2 showing big offensive improvement and he gets the job.

But why is Haley there? I mean He's got to be there to midigate an 0-6 start
And how do you reward a co-conspirstor in failure with a HC position
I think Hue gets them off to a decent .500 start that keeps the mediocrity going just enough for another year

fearsomefour

Legend
I have a solution that will help keep Fisher off the sidelines and outta the booth - yet keep him exactly where we want him!

Drum roll please......

"FISHING WITH FISHER"

Hear me out - we all like Jeff Fisher and want him to continue to enjoy his long retirement so how about creating a TV Show for the Outdoor Network where Jeff Fisher shares his football war stories with fellow NFL and sports stars while they fish North America's best rivers.

Just imagine Jeff, Brandon, Case, and Rob Boras on a river in Montana. How about episode 4 when Brian Quick shows up to his Tennesee home with Kenny Britt ?

View attachment 25289
Britt and Quick star in the golf cart chronicles

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think he is better suited for a FO position of some sort.

Not as a HC.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he is better suited for a FO position of some sort.

Not as a HC.
I was actually surprised he wasn't considered for the USC Athletic Director job when it was open.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget... the 2017 Rams were still Jeff Fishers team. (snort)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was actually surprised he wasn't considered for the USC Athletic Director job when it was open.

I have never paid attention to that, and don't know the objective.

I do think that as an objective observer he is a solid judge of player talents.

He cannot pick a coaching staff.

So a GM position wouldn't be right for him, but there has to be a space he could occupy successfully.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it.
Although I do like Hue and hope he makes it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I see Fish.

I mean, I'm still holding out for that Senior Network/Multimedia Engineering job.

Like Fisher, I'm not current with my industry and I was very good at spotting talent.

Unlike Fisher, I had tremendous success and never missed a deliverable.

And both of us will be holding our breath in the afterlife before we get another shot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As long as the NY Jets and Cleveland Browns are in existence, there’s still a chance.