Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
funny how people on this board pushing keenum and bortles for MVP but Goffs numbers are way better and no mention at all for him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Max on first take just said Cam Newton should be considered an mvp canidate...Goffs numbers are alot better and after brady goff might have the best numbers in the leauge !
If you go by other things besides straight numbers....what a player (always QB it seems) means to their team this year a lot of guy can make the case. Including Cam and Keenum.

fearsomefour

Legend
funny how people on this board pushing keenum and bortles for MVP but Goffs numbers are way better and no mention at all for him.
Part of it is the Vikings season appeared lost and Keenum is playing way beyond expectations. Goff is doing what he was expected to do.
And as Bluecoconut said, Gurley probably gets the nod over Goff for MVP.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If you go by other things besides straight numbers....what a player (always QB it seems) means to their team this year a lot of guy can make the case. Including Cam and Keenum.
I would say our qb means more to the rams than any of those guys listed. I see what your saying but jared has better numbers than those guys, and is won his division. Either way I say gurley should be a lock for MVP but Goff has out played keenum , Cam, and Wilson .

bluecoconuts

Legend
Goff has really stepped up his game after the bye week.

Games 1-7
1719 yards 9 touchdowns 4 INTs

Games 8-15
2085 yards 19 touchdowns 3 INTs

For those wondering, if he were to have the same output as the later half of a season for an entire season that's:

4768 yards 43-44 TD's and 6-7 picks.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
For those wondering, if he were to have the same output as the later half of a season for an entire season that's:

4768 yards 43-44 TD's and 6-7 picks.
Little off there, Blue. I think you calculated that second half for 7 games. That’s in 8. So it’s more like 4,100 yards 38 touchdowns 6 INTs.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

addon.php

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I disagree with many of you criticizing running QBs and the irrelevancy of QBR. Just think about all those SBs running QBs have won with the likes of Colin Kaepernick, Michael Vick, Tony Banks, Randall Cunningham, Dante Culpepper, and Vince Young. Thank goodness they set the stage for Wilson and his 1 SB win.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Little off there, Blue. I think you calculated that second half for 7 games. That’s in 8. So it’s more like 4,100 yards 38 touchdowns 6 INTs.

You're right, I forgot our bye week wasn't at the halfway point.

We'll just say I'm adding a little extra for that extra experience then.;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
4000 yards passing would be sweet. It's a common reachable goal....
Now
QBR? 31.1..... :ROFLMAO:

Can we finally be done with this random BS non-statistic?

QBR really is a terrible stat.

It’s a made up statistic based on completely random things by ESPN.

those 24 yards running mariota had are worth more than 4 tds in that freaked up stat.

One factor that QBR includes in it's ranking is...a quarterbacks performance versus the type/quality of opponent....QB stats vs the Browns are not valued as highly as say, against the Jags....

I haven't dug into it enough to see how relevant it is....

but I could always go to the fallback...espn has expert statisticians...that know A LOT more than you guys and your lying eyes....so it MUST be true....LOLOLOL

I'm gonna be pickin on you oleschool.....esp. since I realize we tied for top ROD $$$$ in 2016...after some bogus reset of the $$$$ when I was gonna win....LOLOOLOLOL

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
4000 yrds season and 30 tds is quite the season. It's been a pleasure to watch him throw it this year.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

I agree. But I like that we are flying under the radar. Our guys have a chip on their shoulder and I like that

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Part of it is the Vikings season appeared lost and Keenum is playing way beyond expectations. Goff is doing what he was expected to do.
And as Bluecoconut said, Gurley probably gets the nod over Goff for MVP.

you mean Goff the bust? that's what was expected of him by most so I'm not sure what you are saying here. about half the QB's in the league could do what keenum is doing on that team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4000 yards passing would be sweet. It's a common reachable goal....
Now

One factor that QBR includes in it's ranking is...a quarterbacks performance versus the type/quality of opponent....QB stats vs the Browns are not valued as highly as say, against the Jags....

I haven't dug into it enough to see how relevant it is....

but I could always go to the fallback...espn has expert statisticians...that know A LOT more than you guys and your lying eyes....so it MUST be true....LOLOLOL

I'm gonna be pickin on you oleschool.....esp. since I realize we tied for top ROD $$$$ in 2016...after some bogus reset of the $$$$ when I was gonna win....LOLOOLOLOL
I'll make my suggestion again put the crack pipe down before you hurt yourself :D

Also QBR is the second worst stat in the NFL there is no defending it at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
you mean Goff the bust? that's what was expected of him by most so I'm not sure what you are saying here. about half the QB's in the league could do what keenum is doing on that team.
He was the first pick of the draft. Only a fool would think he was a bust after seven starts. A guy is drafted first overall to excel, to be a top performer at his position. That is what is expected of a guy taken first over all....otherwise he wouldn't be taken first overal.
That's what I mean.
You can believe that about Keenum if you want. Reason would say it's not true. But this will lead to the predictable circular arguement that always comes when discussing QBs and it means little.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is his floor. He can get better and more consistent. Easily pass at a 65-70 percent clip. He will, too. He’s a worker.

Good point. He's already a good QB, but yes his best years are ahead of him no doubt. Right now he's probably 10x better a QB than he was in week one of this very season. His growth game to game is amazing.

And best of all is that he's showed that improvement and played well statistically--i.e. not throwing INTs--against an extremely tough schedule in the second half.

The kid is 23 and playoff ready.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
28 TD, 7 INT, 8.0 YPA, 3804 passing yards through 15 games

I love the Gurley for MVP talk, but just giving Goff his share of love. None of us expected him to be this good so early.

Let’s see what he does against the Niners.

Top 3 Teams in NFC Goff,Foles, & Keenum.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'll make my suggestion again put the crack pipe down before you hurt yourself :D

Also QBR is the second worst stat in the NFL there is no defending it at all.

QBR was invented by Trent Dilfer to make the Trent Dilfers of the NFL not look like shit.

If running was so important Tebow wouldn't have been bounced so quickly. You need to be able to throw to play in this league, and throw from the pocket.