Jared Goff: "I promise you guys it will get fixed. Everything in my heart and soul."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
He needs that coaching, that special QB whisperer(s) to carry him through the rough edges to elite finesse play. The Gurley Man may very well have to rethink how to break down and optimize his body with respect to strength, speed, & quickness to raise himself to his highest peak. Tavon needs to continue to work to refine his route running, especially now that he has a QB with the strength, accuracy, & touch to locate his tiny body within a defensive secondary haystack.
Mike Martz QB Coach/Asst. OC
Been preaching it, you heard it here first.
Make the Rams Offense Great Again

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Do you think Martz would even take a QB coach job after being a HC? If he would I would love to have him.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
@hotanez

Are we really going to praise Carson Wentz. The guy is a flopper. The guy is bring flopping to the NFL. You have no idea how disgraceful of an act that is. That speaks to the kind of character he has. He's also been absolutely dreadful and his o-line is top 10 in the NFL.
Praise Wentz? Now I'm really confused.

Scirca

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Wentz is a flopper equals he's going to be a bust? So does that mean Goff can't win a game so he's a loser and going to be a bust? See your just being silly right now if you have good reasons why Goff is going to be great please point them out I really need to feel better about him. You don't need to try to convince me that Wentz is going to bust I don't care he's not on my team. It doesn't matter what Wentz becomes only Goff and that's what I'm afraid of.

I don't like talking about Wentz but sometimes this stuff about Wentz being better is crazy. Goff is more accurate and has a better arm than Wentz.
Praise Wentz? Now I'm really confused.

Someone said when Wentz looks bad, he looks good doing so. Now your not confused anymore.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
but IMO, when a player is bigger, stronger, faster and even smarter than the other play, why debate what player to take?
Smartest guy in the room syndrome debate what player to take.The smartest person in the room tends to dominate meetings. They don't let others add a word to their one-sided conversations. They have a consistent need to let others know how intelligent they are = Jeff Fisher/Les Snead .
The Smartest Guy in the Room is smart enough to know that he's smarter than most people, but not smart enough to recognize when other people are smarter(scouting department). He defaults to the belief that because he is smarter than the majority of the population, he must be smarter than the people he's talking to, and tends to look no further or deeper than whatever initial assumption he has made or conclusion he has come to.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I don't like talking about Wentz but sometimes this stuff about Wentz being better is crazy. Goff is more accurate and has a better arm than Wentz.

Someone said when Wentz looks bad, he looks good doing so. Now your not confused anymore.
Goff has been anything but accurate. And when you @hotanez and talk about someone praising Wentz you are including me with that group. Nothing you are saying or have said is making me feel any better about Goff but thanks for trying. I'm going to continue enjoying Christmas with my family. I hope you have a Merry Christmas @Scirca and God bless.

Scirca

Rookie
Goff has been anything but accurate. And when you @hotanez and talk about someone praising Wentz you are including me with that group. Nothing you are saying or have said is making me feel any better about Goff but thanks for trying. I'm going to continue enjoying Christmas with my family. I hope you have a Merry Christmas @Scirca and God bless.

I quoted you, so you could see Wentz flopping on national television. That speaks so much on the kind of character he has. So you didn't think I was making things up. It had nothing to do with me thinking you were praising Wentz. That post was for everyone who thinks Wentz is better than Goff.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Goff's offseason work with Rams' coaches is limited by the CBA. He needs to get/find extra, outside coaching, imo.

Mannion spent part of last offseason working on his craft with his old college OC, Danny Langsdorf. If he goes back this offseason, maybe he should drag Goff along as a workout buddy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Are we really going to praise Carson Wentz. The guy is a flopper. The guy is bring flopping to the NFL. You have no idea how disgraceful of an act that is. That speaks to the kind of character he has.
Yeah, sometimes confirmation bias goes a little too far. You really don't need to find reasons to punch down on Wentz in order to elevate Goff. The two have virtually nothing to do with each other and both will be measured on their own merits when all is said and done.

jap

Legend

"Been preaching it, you heard it here first."? I and others have been calling for a rehiring of Mad Mike for years now. What's this talk about you being first? :sneaky:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm just not ready to throw Goff under the bus ... wentz has two years and 15 games experience over Goff

Wentz also hasn't been hindered by having fishers hodge podge o line and high school offense

Hell goff will probably be 0-7 as a starter come next weekend .... but a lot his "supporting" staff won't be here next year and that's when we should really analyse him

I don't disagree, but right now there is a huge difference and I also believe the fact that Wentz came from a pro style attack trumped the the level of competition that Goff had an edge over Wentz. Going forward Goff will have a better coaching staff, so hopefully with development both physcially & mentally Goff will improve immensely year in and year out.

Scirca

Rookie
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but another gem from Jared Goff's press conference, I feel like I should add. Maybe you guys could put this into perspective.

A reporter asked "how do you feel you played today? Goff said : "Ups and downs, I thought there was some good things WE did, and I thought there was obviously bad things I did." He could have said "obviously bad things WE did but instead chose the word 'I'." hmm..:thinking:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but another gem from Jared Goff's press conference, I feel like I should add. Maybe you guys could put this into perspective.

A reporter asked "how do you feel you played today? Goff said : "Ups and downs, I thought there was some good things WE did, and I thought there was obviously bad things I did." He could have said "obviously bad things WE did but instead chose the word 'I'." hmm..:thinking:
Taking responsibility for his play.

Scirca

Rookie
Taking responsibility for his play.
Yea that's what I thought too, but I'm thinking is he the kind of guy who and I'm parapharasing Tom Coughlin, "When we win..we win, when we lose, we lose because of me." Is he the kind of guy who puts the whole loss on himself....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yea that's what I thought too, but I'm thinking is he the kind of guy who and I'm parapharasing Tom Coughlin, "When we win..we win, when we lose, we lose because of me." Is he the kind of guy who puts the whole loss on himself....
Better than Fisher and blaming everyone but himself IMO..Goff is putting the team on his shoulders. I like it. For being 22 and coming to a dysfunctional team, I admire his moxy to take responsibility and say he will do whatever he can to fix it. That's leadership we have lacked for a long time from the QB standpoint. He feels a win is a team effort but will take the blame when they lose. That's leadership.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally disagree, even when Wentz looks bad, he looks good.

Den, come on, my friend. He has 7 TDs to 13 picks in his last 10 games. I don't care about the lipstick on the pig. I'm glad he's showing positive traits while struggling. So is our guy. But at some point, it has to all come together. I'm betting it does for both guys.

Yes Wentz is older and has had more experience to this point, but when you watch both of them play to this point there is no comparison, in fact, Goff's arm looks so much weaker too. Hey I wanted Wentz at first and was convinced by Goff's body of work, but IMO, when a player is bigger, stronger, faster and even smarter than the other play, why debate what player to take?

This sort of logic is how guys like Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker became first round picks. Gabbert, as a prospect, was a bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter (based on the Wonderlic) than Peyton Manning was as a prospect.

Playing QB in the NFL comes down to so much more than physical tools. Look at the 4 elite QBs of the past decade: Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is the only one of those four who has elite physical tools. Manning and Brees both had average to above average arm strength at their peak. Brady's arm strength was slightly better than those two. None of those three guys would ever be called fast. Nobody would call those three strong.

Those guys were/are elite QBs because they have a combination of instincts, mental processing speed, football IQ, work ethics, and technical proficiency that are absolutely unmatched. That's what makes QBs special. The most physically talented QBs over the past 5-10 years are Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Matt Stafford, and Jay Cutler.

Rodgers is the only one of those guys to become a top tier QB. Because it takes more than pure physical talent.

That's why there's a debate. Because Goff's instincts, technical proficiency, and mental processing speed were all superior to Wentz's at the college level. And thus far, I haven't seen anything from Goff that makes me doubt him in any of those departments. I've seen the kid make full field reads and work across the field through his progressions in a timely manner. He's not even started 8 games yet. That's impressive.

I'm not worried about the kid. Get him a coach. Get him protection. Get him receivers who will play with as much heart as he does. He'll prove that he's our guy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den, come on, my friend. He has 7 TDs to 13 picks in his last 10 games. I don't care about the lipstick on the pig. I'm glad he's showing positive traits while struggling. So is our guy. But at some point, it has to all come together. I'm betting it does for both guys.

Just bitter the 49ers have two wins this season both against us I'm not me when I'm hungry, since then I have had a snickers bar.