Janoris Jenkins or Patrick Peterson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOVA6DFzWk

None of them can cover Dez, but Peterson had less trouble. ;)

Yea except for the fact that they were in zone coverage and Dez Bryant caught the ball right in the middle of McLeod's zone after Jenkins passed off Bryant to McLeod.

You're also ignoring the fact that Jenkins shadowed Bryant in that game and had held him around 20-25 yards receiving prior to that play.

That wasn't a play where Jenkins lacked the ability to cover Bryant. Bryant was open due to miscommunication on the back-end of the defense leading to a blown coverage.

And if you're curious as to whose fault it is, the majority of the blame actually rested at the feet of E.J. Gaines and Rodney McLeod. Gaines was supposed to stick with Terrance Williams on the crossing route with McLeod having the deep middle. Instead, Gaines got caught with his eyes in the back-field which allowed Williams to run across the field wide open. McLeod decided to come down and take Williams but that wasn't communicated with Jenkins. Jenkins sat down in order to jump the Williams route and handed Bryant off to McLeod. Which left both DBs on Williams and nobody on Bryant.

There are plenty of games to bring up as evidence for Jenkins not getting the job done. That's not one of them. If anything, that game shows his potential because he was an absolute headache for Romo and Bryant throughout the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't even imagine this being close. It's Peterson all day for me. I don't even know that Jenkins for sure starts for us next season. Gaines has a spot locked and the other will be a battle between Tru and Jenkins IMO.

I gotta disagree with you, Juggs. The Rams have a higher opinion of Jenkins than the people here. Jenkins played RCB whenever he was healthy last year which is the #1 CB spot in our defense. Gaines and Tru were rotating at LCB with Gaines ending up in the slot when Tru and Janoris were healthy.

IMO, Jenkins's spot is safe unless he comes out and plays terribly. The Rams seem to have a high opinion of him and prefer him in that #1 CB role (RCB) in our defense. Based on how they played it last year, Trumaine and E.J. will be competing for the #2 CB job (LCB) with E.J. sliding into the slot in nickel situations.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNOVA6DFzWk

None of them can cover Dez, but Peterson had less trouble. ;)

11052372_10204413720051890_4952569720388187924_n.jpg

You deserve this for posting a video like that in here...so watch yourself Cowboy! :)

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Peterson any day. Jenkins has the talent and speed to be as good (maybe even better but that's a stretch) then Peterson, but JJ sure makes some stupid decisions sometimes.

The good:
San Diego pick six
Dallas pick six

The bad:
80+ yard TD vs SF
The Dallas bomb to Dez

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Jenkins is in his second season under the same d- courdinator for the first time in his NFL Career. .....I expect there to be a huge upturn this year in his play...as good as Peterson? I'm not sure...but much more consistency as with or whole secondary and defense....;)

Go Rams......... ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jenkins...Peterson is overrated....seriously....overrated....Jenkins can cover, he just gambles too much.

fearsomefour

Legend
Peterson is overrated, Jenkins can cover, but, at this point to me it is still Peterson.
It is sort of a hard thing to judge.
I think Jenkins is starting for the Rams next and I would still have him as our #1 CB. Its a fine line for a guy who can make plays and who's instinct is to take chances. His upside is huge and I expect Jenkins to improve.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
My main problem with Jenkins is that he loses 50-50 balls to Riley Cooper. I'll choose him when he works on his ups and holding penalties.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Peterson and to me its not even close as well.

And i don't believe that Janoris is our best cover corner, i honestly feel as if Gaines is. If Janoris didn't take or get beat for big plays he could be. But i think thats what Fisher and the staff loves about Jenkins when he guesses right "Pick 6" lol.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we're living in a bubble where it is skill vs skill, I'll take Peterson on consistency alone. But if we get into Peterson vs (Jenkins + $20 million of other talented players), I'm thinking long and hard. And probably taking Jenkins. Devoting that chunk of the cap to someone who I do not think is the best in the business just seems reckless, and I do consider PP second tier.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Jenkins... just doesn't play smart.

If he has an off year in 2015, I'd advocate cutting ties with him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hmmmmm...

This thread started out as Peterson vs Jenkins.

If it's a straight up choice, it's gotta be Peterson.

But if we factor in salaries, I've gotta take Jenkins. But remember, this is the last year of Jenkins at his inexpensive rookie salary.

Having said the above, if I want to be completely honest, I have to say that I would feel more comfortable with Gaines starting ahead of Jenkins.

What does that say about Jenkins?

And about Gaines?