Jameis winston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If we could get him in the third, which some suggest, we'd have a lot to work with. He's willing to learn.
No way I'd let this guy outta the 2nd round...let him sit behind Foles...Learn, work...a few of us realize how hard he'll work, if Cig & Weinke are what we believe they are, I hope the Rams are figuring out a way to have this kid in blue & gold...we won't regret it...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
No way I'd let this guy outta the 2nd round...let him sit behind Foles...Learn, work...a few of us realize how hard he'll work, if Cig & Weinke are what we believe they are, I hope the Rams are figuring out a way to have this kid in blue & gold...we won't regret it...
Exactly. I think he'll go higher than people say he will, in fact, he's getting a ton of visits right now. I'd take him in the 2nd if we can get another 2nd round pick, which is what I want.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Report: Jameis Winston expected to face second rape-related accusation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ave-not-spoken-to-jameis-winston-rape-accuser

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/4/3/...pected-to-face-second-rape-related-accusation

“I think I didn’t have sufficient evidence to prove that (Winston) sexually assaulted (Kinsman) against her will,” Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs said in an interview after the film’s producers ask him if he believes a sexual assault occurred. “I think what happened was not good.

“He was on top of me and I couldn’t really breathe,” Kinsman says, noting Winston’s roommate disrupted Winston’s first attempt when he entered his bedroom because the door didn’t lock. She said the roommate, who she does not identify, pleaded with Winston to stop and noted Klinsman was saying “no.” That’s when Kinsman said Winston picked her up and took her to the bathroom, where the door did lock.

Jameis Winston Suspended for Screaming "F*** Her Right in the P****" in the student union standing on a chair

anyone else see a pattern?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
timeline on character issues

ov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.
Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

Dec. 7, 2012: Winston is accused of raping a woman at his off-campus apartment. The woman reports the assault to police that day and five weeks later calls a detective and identifies Winston as her attacker after seeing him in a class. Tallahassee police drop the investigation, contending the woman has refused to cooperate, then revive it nine months later and sent it to State Attorney Willie Meggs. Meggs conducts a new investigation but concludes that there is not enough evidence to file criminal charges. Winston’s lawyer contends the sexual encounter was consensual. The U.S. Department of Education later launches a federal investigation of the school’s handling of the incident after questions arise about whether Florida State followed the provisions of Title IX, and in August 2014 the school launches an investigation of Winston under the student code of conduct.

2013 2nd rape?

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed.

April 29, 2014: Winston is accused of stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket. He is given a civil citation that allows him to perform community service and is suspended from the FSU baseball team until he completes that work. Winston tells police he “forgot” to pay for the crab legs and publicly apologizes.

May 20, 2014: Winston is expected at a code-of-conduct hearing for Chris Casher and Ronald Darby, two FSU teammates who alleged the witnessed a portion of the sexual encounter involving the quarterback and the woman who accused him of rape. They are both accused of violating school rules. Winston does not show up for the hearing, and his lawyer contends that no one from the school ever asked him to be there – something that is disputed by attorneys involved in the process. However, FSU officials later acknowledge that they have no way to force a witness to attend a code-of-conduct hearing.

Sept. 16, 2014: Winston is seen by several students jumping up on a table on campus and screaming a sexually charged expletive-laced phrase that was made popular on the internet. FSU head football coach Jimbo Fisher suspends Winston for the first half of the team’s upcoming game with Clemson, and school officials vow that he will be subject to “internal discipline” – most likely under the school’s code of conduct. Winston apologizes.

Oct. 13, 2014: ESPN reports that FSU's compliance department is investigating whether Winston accepted money in exchange for autographs. The university's athletic director issues a statement on Oct. 17, explaining that the compliance staff looking into whether Jameis Winston accepted unauthorized benefits for his autograph has "no information indicating that he accepted payment for items reported to bear his signature, thereby compromising his athletics eligibility."

2014 Jameis Winston has been accused of throwing the first half against Louisville, and we've done a little more research. FSU is 1-7 against the halftime spread.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714

the only thing for me was how low to rank him..my current rankings are based before I knew of the 2nd rape charge...now not worth using a #1 pick on...

Why don't you get the facts before throwing a bunch of crap like this out there?
1. There was no first rape "charge"...much less a second.
2. Winston never stood on a chair or a table in the student union and yelled that. The media ran with a twitter rumor that was incorrect. Winston was on the steps with friends when he yelled it...reportedly to another friend. Which is hardly unusual for college.
3. Winston has never been accused of point shaving by any reputable source. It was a guy known for lying to get attention that threw it out there. People like ESPN, CBS Sports, etc. did not run with it because even they had enough journalistic integrity to not report a rumor like that...that should tell you something.
4. If you ever bothered to do your due diligence, you might not be so gung ho on the rape charges. Police reports and evidence are out there on the internet. Go look it up for yourself and see what impression you come away with.
5. Winston was investigated for the autographs and cleared. But who cares if he did do it? So did Todd Gurley. Nobody gives a shit. But again, he was cleared.
6. Winston wasn't the only player there the night of the BB gun war...I don't see you beating other players up over it...including P.J. Williams who has his own "pattern" of off the field problems. It was college kids being stupid. I certainly do not care about this.

There are some things to be concerned about with Winston's character. But throwing all this shit against a wall in a dishonest way does not make your point.

It's worth investigating the rape accusation...but the evidence out there on the internet actually points in Winston's favor. It's worth investigating the theft charges. Beyond that, it doesn't much matter.

"I doubt that he is the first NCAA athlete to demonstrate that he's immature and a knucklehead," Winston family adviser(lawyer) David Cornwell said Friday. "Jameis is ready to be an NFL quarterback on the field, but he is not ready to be an NFL player off the field."

Hatchet job. Another misleading post from you, Hammer. Post the full quote.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's a huge difference between Manziel and Winston. Manziel had an alcohol problem and even the coaches at a&m weren't sold on him. Was reported that he didn't take the game seriously. With Winston, all his former coaches have had nothing but high remarks for him. And he's a film junkie. Watches football film on bus during baseball season.

Not to mention manziel came out of a spread, didn't have the accuracy, arm strength or understanding of defenses as Jameis.

yeah..HUGE difference....Winstons off the field issues make him undraftable

thehammer

Rookie
Why don't you get the facts before throwing a bunch of crap like this out there?
1. There was no first rape "charge"...much less a second.
2. Winston never stood on a chair or a table in the student union and yelled that. The media ran with a twitter rumor that was incorrect. Winston was on the steps with friends when he yelled it...reportedly to another friend. Which is hardly unusual for college.
3. Winston has never been accused of point shaving by any reputable source. It was a guy known for lying to get attention that threw it out there. People like ESPN, CBS Sports, etc. did not run with it because even they had enough journalistic integrity to not report a rumor like that...that should tell you something.
4. If you ever bothered to do your due diligence, you might not be so gung ho on the rape charges. Police reports and evidence are out there on the internet. Go look it up for yourself and see what impression you come away with.
5. Winston was investigated for the autographs and cleared. But who cares if he did do it? So did Todd Gurley. Nobody gives a crap. But again, he was cleared.
6. Winston wasn't the only player there the night of the BB gun war...I don't see you beating other players up over it...including P.J. Williams who has his own "pattern" of off the field problems. It was college kids being stupid. I certainly do not care about this.

There are some things to be concerned about with Winston's character. But throwing all this crap against a wall in a dishonest way does not make your point.

It's worth investigating the rape accusation...but the evidence out there on the internet actually points in Winston's favor. It's worth investigating the theft charges. Beyond that, it doesn't much matter.

lot of serious bs in your post.. and they are charges whether made by women or the police. That Meggs said something bad happened is a serious red flag.(all people should understand what he is saying). He also said he lacked the evidence to bring it to trial..wonder what testimony he would give in a civil suit? What if the other woman testifies? What if there are more then 2? Bet the team that drafts Winston and the NFL would love that...

never seen a prospect with this many red flags...ever

as to hatchet job maybe best if we let Ed Ames throw the hatchet...

Last edited:

Athos

Legend

As much as his football IQ just annoys me, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams picked Hundley and tried to do a Russell Wilson with the offense. I'd be both incredibly bummed the fuck out while nursing a hidden kernel of hope that it isn't too late for his brains to catch up with his body.

But Hundley scares me. He'll either boom or bust hard. I see no middle ground with him.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
But Hundley scares me. He'll either boom or bust hard. I see no middle ground with him.

True that about the "scares me" thing. (I still say no way he's makes to the 2nd day)

There's something about that guy, the "it" factor I guess, one thing is certain in my book, he'll definitely need a decent supporting cast around him to flourish immediately.

Disclaimer: The last QB from my beloved Bruins I thought had the "it" factor was Cade McNown, so...

thehammer

Rookie
watch the Georgia Cappleman interview..same as the Meggs "guilty but we can't prove it" statement

then listen to the 911 call

then read the entire NT Times Apr 2014 story..or just continue calling Jason Cole a hack instead of a top nfl reporter since 1992 and say the NY times is full of bs... but remember posters reveal much more then they should about themselves by their words

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ave-not-spoken-to-jameis-winston-rape-accuser

Athos

Legend
There's something about that guy, the "it" factor I guess, one thing is certain in my book, he'll definitely need a decent supporting cast around him to flourish immediately.

He's going to need at least a year in the system before starting, a top 10 O-line, and a top 10 RB (or rushing attack) to ease him in imo. And even that might not work if his anticipation and throwing guys open continues to suck. Big bodied WRs are must with a QB like him too.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
watch the Georgia Cappleman interview..same as the Meggs "guilty but we can't prove it" statement

then listen to the 911 call

then read the entire NT Times Apr 2014 story..or just continue calling Jason Cole a hack instead of a top nfl reporter since 1992 and say the NY times is full of bs... but remember posters reveal much more then they should about themselves by their words

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

Not sure what this means. No one here is condoning what he's been accused of.

Some of the stories are ridiculous though. Like the accusation that he stole soda. He was using the little ketchup containers to drink soda out of the fountain while waiting in line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lot of serious bs in your post.. and they are charges whether made by women or the police. That Meggs said something bad happened is a serious red flag.(all people should understand what he is saying).

never seen a prospect with this many red flags...ever

as to hatchet job maybe best if we let Ed Ames throw the hatchet...

No, they're not charges whether made by the woman or police. Neither of those parties can charge him with a crime. It's an accusation.

Meggs saying anything isn't a red flag. The guy made a big deal of taking on the case and then couldn't file charges because of the lack of evidence. He's going to say whatever he needs to say to not look bad.

Lot of BS in my post? There's a lot of ignorance in yours. At least I know what I'm talking about. I did the research. Did you?

BTW, how about you explain to me how it is that Winston won the Student Conduct Hearing? That uses a preponderance of the evidence standard. All the girl had to prove is by the evidence that it was more likely that Winston raped her than he didn't. Yet, she couldn't do that. How did that happen?

And before you claim bias...the hearing was overseen by and the decision was made by a former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court.

And yes, it was a hatchet job. Here's the real quote:
"He's ready to be an NFL player on the field," Cornwell told Villanova's Moorad Sports Law Journal Symposium. "But he's not ready to be an NFL player off the field."

Winston's situation is not "unique," according to Cornwell, who said that most players entering the draft aren't ready to enter the NFL from a maturity standpoint.

"I don't think anyone is ready," Cornwell said. "No one is ready for this [NFL] world when they come into it."

Oh wow...that's quite different than what is being reported by the media. Funny how they cut two thirds of what he said away to make it seem a whole lot more damning than it is. The guy is discussing a systemic problem and the media makes it seem like he's making this about an individual.

He also said he lacked the evidence to bring it to trial..wonder what testimony he would give in a civil suit?

Nothing of importance for the girl.

What if the other woman testifies? What if there are more then 2? Bet the team that drafts Winston and the NFL would love that...

What if Jameis Winston is a giant named Hodor?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say, the NYT piece was quite disturbing. And ultimately, I wanna kick some Tallahasee cops a$$.

The problem with the NYT piece is that it was slanted to one side and ignored a lot of evidence contrary to the story it wanted to tell. I read through all the evidence and police reports available online and here's a summary of what's in them:
Facts that support the victim
  • Rape was reported almost immediately after she got home
  • Winston admits she was in his apartment and they had sex
  • She had some bruises on her which could imply force
  • Winston's DNA found on her clothes
  • Story consistent with lack of capacity and date rape drug
  • Descriptions of 3 men are similar to Chris Casher, Jameis Winston, and Ronald Darby(all of whom lived in the apartment) and later identified Winston
  • Description of apartment was accurate
Facts that support Jameis Winston
  • Winston's consensual sex claims are supported by testimony of Casher and Darby
  • Accounts from victim's friends dispute her story
  • Victim's story was inconsistent(it changed) and was different from the story she told her friends
  • Urine and Blood tests were done -> No drugs found in her system and BAC at time blood was drawn(about 2 hours after supposed rape) was 0.048(which makes it highly unlikely that she was overwhelmingly intoxicated when rape occurred)
  • Victim claimed that football player named Chris that got her number was not present at the time of the rape or in the cab with her(key fact misrepresented by New York Times article)
  • Victim received text from unknown person saying, "Meet me out front" and according to her friend, willingly left the bar while not seeming intoxicated or incapacitated
  • There is no allegation that Winston, Casher, or Darby handed the victim a drink or had anything to do with any drinks she received(regarding the date rape drug claim)
Facts that are relevant but don't necessarily support either side
  • There was a second DNA source on her clothing which ended up being her boyfriend
  • Police misconduct and incompetence in investigating the case
  • Video taken of sexual acts by Casher deleted from his phone

Basically, the evidence doesn't back the girl's story which wasn't consistent. And the girl's own friends contradicted her account.

The NYT piece was what you expect out of the media today...they got one side of the story and never looked any deeper...they just ran with what they had.

but remember posters reveal much more then they should about themselves by their words

Yep. They do. Like the members who don't go out and research it themselves but try to act like they're an authority on it. I can only recommend to you that you read all of the evidence and police reports out there. Otherwise, you're ignorant of much of the information you need to know.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 Sportsbook Champion
There are some things to be concerned about with Winston's character. But throwing all this shit against a wall in a dishonest way does not make your point.

Lot of BS in my post? There's a lot of ignorance in yours. At least I know what I'm talking about. I did the research. Did you??

Yep. They do. Like the members who don't go out and research it themselves but try to act like they're an authority on it. I can only recommend to you that you read all of the evidence and police reports out there. Otherwise, you're ignorant of much of the information you need to know.
http://ramsondemand.com/help/terms
Terms of Service and Rules

2. Disagreement. If you have a different opinion than that of a fellow poster, attack ONLY their opinion. Make the discussion about the post, not the poster. Remember - we're all Rams fans here, and as such, we're brothers-in-arms.

3. Verbal Assaults. This is a friendly forum, an information exchange, and a place to agree to disagree. Personal attacks will NOT be tolerated.
  • Expressing any racisms or derogatory remarks will be assessed and appropriate actions will be taken.
  • Sarcastic baiting (e.g., "Do you even watch football?") is prohibited.
  • Avoid dismissive stereotyping, such as labeling another poster (i.e., hater, apologist, homer, etc).

I'd appreciate if you would stop from committing violations of rule number 2 and following that up with the breaking of rule #3.
If you two have a disagreement fine, but don't attack the poster.
ROD is a place where all Rams fans can come and enjoy and not be degraded or harassed for their points of view.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corbin, all of the posts are attacking opinions. But I'll tone it down. That all said, I don't respect misleading (and intellectually dishonest) posts. I'm always going to call a spade a spade on that front.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
53476829.jpg

I've got two threads teetering on the rails right now.

thehammer

Rookie
sort of off topic but asked the smartest x scout I know about him being afraid about drafting Jameis Winston after the 2nd rape charge emerged..he said he is still more afraid of the on field stuff that he has seen...

and I agree with the poster saying the NY times article is very disturbing

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
The 2 concerns I have about him on field...

1. Baseball-like delivery
2. Needs to learn to throw ball away