Jameis winston

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thehammer

Rookie
Report: Jameis Winston expected to face second rape-related accusation

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ave-not-spoken-to-jameis-winston-rape-accuser

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/4/3/...pected-to-face-second-rape-related-accusation

“I think I didn’t have sufficient evidence to prove that (Winston) sexually assaulted (Kinsman) against her will,” Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs said in an interview after the film’s producers ask him if he believes a sexual assault occurred. “I think what happened was not good.

“He was on top of me and I couldn’t really breathe,” Kinsman says, noting Winston’s roommate disrupted Winston’s first attempt when he entered his bedroom because the door didn’t lock. She said the roommate, who she does not identify, pleaded with Winston to stop and noted Klinsman was saying “no.” That’s when Kinsman said Winston picked her up and took her to the bathroom, where the door did lock.

Jameis Winston Suspended for Screaming "F*** Her Right in the P****" in the student union standing on a chair

anyone else see a pattern?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
timeline on character issues

ov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.
Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

Dec. 7, 2012: Winston is accused of raping a woman at his off-campus apartment. The woman reports the assault to police that day and five weeks later calls a detective and identifies Winston as her attacker after seeing him in a class. Tallahassee police drop the investigation, contending the woman has refused to cooperate, then revive it nine months later and sent it to State Attorney Willie Meggs. Meggs conducts a new investigation but concludes that there is not enough evidence to file criminal charges. Winston’s lawyer contends the sexual encounter was consensual. The U.S. Department of Education later launches a federal investigation of the school’s handling of the incident after questions arise about whether Florida State followed the provisions of Title IX, and in August 2014 the school launches an investigation of Winston under the student code of conduct.

2013 2nd rape?

July 21, 2013: Winston is accused of entering a Burger King in Tallahassee and helping himself to soda from the fountain machine without paying for it. A restaurant employee later tells police she gave Winston a cup of water but that he poured the water out and helped himself to several cups of soda despite her objections. No charges are filed.

April 29, 2014: Winston is accused of stealing $32.72 worth of crab legs from a Tallahassee supermarket. He is given a civil citation that allows him to perform community service and is suspended from the FSU baseball team until he completes that work. Winston tells police he “forgot” to pay for the crab legs and publicly apologizes.

May 20, 2014: Winston is expected at a code-of-conduct hearing for Chris Casher and Ronald Darby, two FSU teammates who alleged the witnessed a portion of the sexual encounter involving the quarterback and the woman who accused him of rape. They are both accused of violating school rules. Winston does not show up for the hearing, and his lawyer contends that no one from the school ever asked him to be there – something that is disputed by attorneys involved in the process. However, FSU officials later acknowledge that they have no way to force a witness to attend a code-of-conduct hearing.

Sept. 16, 2014: Winston is seen by several students jumping up on a table on campus and screaming a sexually charged expletive-laced phrase that was made popular on the internet. FSU head football coach Jimbo Fisher suspends Winston for the first half of the team’s upcoming game with Clemson, and school officials vow that he will be subject to “internal discipline” – most likely under the school’s code of conduct. Winston apologizes.

Oct. 13, 2014: ESPN reports that FSU's compliance department is investigating whether Winston accepted money in exchange for autographs. The university's athletic director issues a statement on Oct. 17, explaining that the compliance staff looking into whether Jameis Winston accepted unauthorized benefits for his autograph has "no information indicating that he accepted payment for items reported to bear his signature, thereby compromising his athletics eligibility."

2014 Jameis Winston has been accused of throwing the first half against Louisville, and we've done a little more research. FSU is 1-7 against the halftime spread.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714

the only thing for me was how low to rank him..my current rankings are based before I knew of the 2nd rape charge...now not worth using a #1 pick on...

Last edited:

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I doubt that he is the first NCAA athlete to demonstrate that he's immature and a knucklehead," Winston family adviser(lawyer) David Cornwell said Friday. "Jameis is ready to be an NFL quarterback on the field, but he is not ready to be an NFL player off the field."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was still considering Winston before the combine, but after hearing his answers for all of his misconduct, I decided that I don't like him or want him on the Rams. His way of addressing his past troubles didn't convince me that he is mature or remorseful. He calls it being positive. I call it being dismissive and entitled.

Thousands of players go through college every year and don't have even one incident like Winston is accused of. It really isn't too hard to do.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I was still considering Winston before the combine, but after hearing his answers for all of his misconduct, I decided that I don't like him or want him on the Rams. His way of addressing his past troubles didn't convince me that he is mature or remorseful. He calls it being positive. I call it being dismissive and entitled.

Thousands of players go through college every year and don't have even one incident like Winston is accused of. It really isn't too hard to do.

Agree and I am an FSU Fan!

Athos

Legend
I've really come around on his talent...but there's just something that screams "fake" every time I see him talking. Like, I saw the quick tease for Winston talking with Gruden. I don't know why, maybe it's the journalist in my that had to study some body/facial reactions when interviewing people (or rather, just paying closer attention) and something is just off. Like he's trying REALLY hard. Too hard. I don't know, but it bothers me.

I'm not sold on him being a leader of men on an NFL FIELD. Where he's got veterans, etc, to direct.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And yet, he will be the #1 overall pick and the price to get Tampa to trade awaythe right to pick him would be astronomical.

Let's not be fooled into thinking that teams really care if their players are good guys. They want them to be good football players and they don't want them to be suspended. That's what they care about.

Look at Big Ben - if you can win games, all else will be forgiven. And Winston is a winner.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And yet, he will be the #1 overall pick and the price to get Tampa to trade awaythe right to pick him would be astronomical.

Let's not be fooled into thinking that teams really care if their players are good guys. They want them to be good football players and they don't want them to be suspended. That's what they care about.

Look at Big Ben - if you can win games, all else will be forgiven. And Winston is a winner.

Thing is there have been a lot of very talented college QBs that couldn't pull it off in the NFL...and they too were taken in the top 5. What seperates them from the guys that succeed? I think it is the mental and emotional parts of the game obviously. I don't think Winston has that part nailed. Could he grow up quickly? Maybe but I don't recall too many cases where guys turned it around and became great.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Would not touch this guy as face of my franchise. Will be an interesting draft day.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@AlbertBreer: The Rams will work out Florida State QB Jameis Winston in Tallahassee and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota in Eugene next week.

thehammer

Rookie
"Be serious about being serious" Jim Harbaugh's advice to Jameis Winston before the combine.
Except he didn't take it....anyone watch Winston when he wasn't doing drills at the combine....clowning around acting immature. ..not being serious

he was suspended for saying "F*** Her Right in the P****" after had been previously accused of rape....and now maybe a 2nd rape charge coming.

like elmgrovegnome said, "Thousands of players go through college every year and don't have even one incident like Winston is accused of. It really isn't too hard to do."

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
While I would agree that Jameis' past is a cause for concern, I don't think it's fair to completely judge a guy based off his mistakes. The thing that concerns me most with Winston is his inability to "take what the defense gives you" Too many times when I watched him, he just throws passes up to avoid the sack, which is why you see such a high interception-rate with him.

Out of all those charges, the only thing that needs serious attention is the rape charges. That's a serious offense and one that needs to be investigated thoroughly by NFL teams.

When you lose around 20 pounds, to me that shows that he's taking this process seriously. That shows that he has matured. And I know his attitude can rub people the wrong way.

Jameis is a really bright guy, he was on Florida State's academic honor role every semester at Florida State and was admitted into Stanford out of High School. During the National Championship game when the team was losing in the later part of the game, Jameis told his offensive teammates that they were going to win this game, and during the game versus Oregon this previous year when they got down 30 points, he was on the sideline making sure his teammates still held their head high and making sure no one quit. That shows a lot, when your team is down by 30, it's a lot tougher to be a leader. He's a vocal leader. And let's not forget that Winston was one of the few players who shook hands with the Oregon players and congratulated them on the victory. A lot of Florida State players ran off to the locker room.

Equipment manager at Florida State "Jameis is the real deal, I've been around him since his High School days, He's a special young man. He smiles and has fun, and his best attribute is his love and understanding of his teammates. I finished season number 25 this year in the Business, 17 in the NFL, 8 at the division one level. Been around Montana, Ray Lewis, Derrick Thomas, Marcus Allen and Derrick Brooks. Without question he's (Jameis) as good a leader as any of those guys. He will be an exceptional player and when he says he plans on playing in the Super Bowl next year, he honest does. I would not put anything past him."

Players who have had off-field issues in the past...Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, and even Peyton Manning had off field concerns coming out of College.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm just glad we don't have to "seriously" consider him at 10. Sometimes, in a draft, you just feel lucky that you don't have to make the choice.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Bucs are taking him and he's going to be a huge bust. That said - I think he'll have a decent rookie year (he's got ability - and they'll put a real program in place first year to keep him on the straight and narrow), but its only a matter of time before he gets in trouble.

thehammer

Rookie
While I would agree that Jameis' past is a cause for concern, I don't think it's fair to completely judge a guy based off his mistakes. The thing that concerns me most with Winston is his inability to "take what the defense gives you" Too many times when I watched him, he just throws passes up to avoid the sack, which is why you see such a high interception-rate with him.

Out of all those charges, the only thing that needs serious attention is the rape charges. That's a serious offense and one that needs to be investigated thoroughly by NFL teams.

When you lose around 20 pounds, to me that shows that he's taking this process seriously. That shows that he has matured. And I know his attitude can rub people the wrong way.

Jameis is a really bright guy, he was on Florida State's academic honor role every semester at Florida State and was admitted into Stanford out of High School. During the National Championship game when the team was losing in the later part of the game, Jameis told his offensive teammates that they were going to win this game, and during the game versus Oregon this previous year when they got down 30 points, he was on the sideline making sure his teammates still held their head high and making sure no one quit. That shows a lot, when your team is down by 30, it's a lot tougher to be a leader. He's a vocal leader. And let's not forget that Winston was one of the few players who shook hands with the Oregon players and congratulated them on the victory. A lot of Florida State players ran off to the locker room.

Equipment manager at Florida State "Jameis is the real deal, I've been around him since his High School days, He's a special young man. He smiles and has fun, and his best attribute is his love and understanding of his teammates. I finished season number 25 this year in the Business, 17 in the NFL, 8 at the division one level. Been around Montana, Ray Lewis, Derrick Thomas, Marcus Allen and Derrick Brooks. Without question he's (Jameis) as good a leader as any of those guys. He will be an exceptional player and when he says he plans on playing in the Super Bowl next year, he honest does. I would not put anything past him."

Players who have had off-field issues in the past...Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, and even Peyton Manning had off field concerns coming out of College.

don't remember the Manning bros, Roethlisberger or Newton being accused of raping 2 different women , twice being caught stealing, accused of throwing games and getting suspended for a sexual rant ....agree that he is personable but so are many con artists and serial killers and politicians.

I had Manziel ranked 36th last year...all said and done I might end up ranking him as a mid 2nd BUT wouldn't even consider drafting him till I talked to both women...till then off my board....the Florida st attorney basically said believed Winston was guilty but didn't have evidence enough to charge....

“I think I didn’t have sufficient evidence to prove that (Winston) sexually assaulted (Kinsman) against her will,” Florida State Attorney Willie Meggs said in an interview after the film’s producers ask him if he believes a sexual assault occurred. “I think what happened was not good.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't understand what you mean about not judging him based off of his mistakes. If these mistakes should be taken so lightly, they must be commonplace. The only thing is, that they are not commonplace and raise real questions.

Being an NFL QB is one of the most difficult things to do, much less do it successfully. God given talent can only get you so far. It takes total dedication, maturity, and professionalism. Wether or not Winston can change, and yes he needs to change is the question.

After working with troubled young people between ages of 16-26, for 8 years I have experienced many types of kids. It can be very difficult to know when they are lying or when they are really ready to get serious about life, especially with the charismatic ones. One thing that always holds true is that actions speak louder than words. So far Winstons actions have not been good. However in his case his words don't sound so good either. He doesn't sound like he has grown up. He just wants everyone to forgive and forget, because he assures that he is ready to lead an NFL team.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
don't remember the Manning bros, Roethlisberger or Newton being accused of raping 2 different women , twice being caught stealing, accused of throwing games and getting suspended for a sexual rant ....agree that he is personable but so are many con artists and serial killers and politicians.

I had Manziel ranked 36th last year...all said and done I might end up ranking him as a mid 2nd BUT wouldn't even consider drafting him till I talked to both women...till then off my board....the Florida st attorney basically said believed Winston was guilty but didn't have evidence enough to charge....

There's a huge difference between Manziel and Winston. Manziel had an alcohol problem and even the coaches at a&m weren't sold on him. Was reported that he didn't take the game seriously. With Winston, all his former coaches have had nothing but high remarks for him. And he's a film junkie. Watches football film on bus during baseball season.

Not to mention manziel came out of a spread, didn't have the accuracy, arm strength or understanding of defenses as Jameis.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I remember Mark Sanchez had some type of accusation at USC...maybe his freshman year...it just disappeared....I never new what to think, but a whole bunch of people came forward to say how good of a person he was...and is...Just don't know....I'd take him if he falls...even before my beloved Hundley, who seems SOLID in every way off the field...now on the field....lol

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I remember Mark Sanchez had some type of accusation at USC...maybe his freshman year...it just disappeared....I never new what to think, but a whole bunch of people came forward to say how good of a person he was...and is...Just don't know....I'd take him if he falls...even before my beloved Hundley, who seems SOLID in every way off the field...now on the field....lol
There are very few of us on the Hundley bandwagon, who has done nothing to drop. He's looked better than any QB out there, on the shows, his Pro Day, interviews, and his attitude. Clean off the field. Sure, he needs to develop, but he can do what R. Wilson does, if we pattern our game like that. Run the ball, play tough defense, and have a QB that can break the pocket and run for first downs if needed. If we could get him in the third, which some suggest, we'd have a lot to work with. He's willing to learn.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I remember Peyton Manning being accused of sexual assault, Eli Manning being arrested in college, Ben Roethlisberger being accused of rape by multiple women, and Cam Newton having his character absolutely assassinated by the media prior to the draft for a myriad of reasons including his being booted out of UF for theft of a laptop.

But when you qualify something enough, you can make it absolutely impossible to compare it to anything else. I've never seen a 6'1" 211 pound WR from Alabama with a 4.42 40 and a 33 inch vertical jump pan out in the NFL...so how am I supposed to believe that Amari Cooper will?