Jalen Ramsey deal (after a couple games).

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Cb is a premier position. Hes possibly the best in the leauge, and hes willing to sign a big contract. Wheres the issue ?

They either made this move or would of had to resign Peters or talib.

Our team hasent been the best at drafting cb, small percentage you get lucky and draft someone like ramsey.

RamsInfiniti

Rookie
I mean ... we can look at it like this. QB's against:

Peters 21-39, 327 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT, 63.8 Rate
Ramsey 26-38, 305 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 101.3 Rate

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Ramsey had a couple of miscues this week. One where he double covered a receiver over the middle and left his zone open for a 15 yard gain for example. He's an upgrade over how Peters had played for us, but not by much.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lol at the HOF comments. Lil early for that, but time will tell if this trade was worth it. Those pucks could have been used to TRADE for OL help, not just for draft, but I will stay optimistic.

dang

Legend
this defense has come together. while there is always room for improvement i believe it’s a top 10 at worst. it’s all on the inconsistent (and damaged) offense. starting with McVays play calling, Goff’s confidence and the bottom 5 OL.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Rams have to will lock up Ramsey otherwise this trade was a total failure. With Ramsey you know that one CB spot is secure. Now what will be done with the other CB spot, to me Hill is not the answer? I would like to see Williams get more playing time when he recovers from that ankle.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wrote this for a couple reasons.
1. I see a team with some glaring areas of struggle and I don't see how we have the capital to address it without some miraculous wheeling and dealing.
2. I'm worried that Ramsey's actual play, so far it's been a lot of bark and very little bite.

But of course it's early and time will tell.

Turducken

Starter
My initial reaction to the trade that this was a long term move and that the FO was willing to let this season go to make it happen. It makes sense, niners and Seahawks are peaking so even if you make the right short term moves it probably won't be enough. If so, they aren't going to admit it, so I listen to all the reasons why this season could turn out well.

Over and over I convince myself after every loss (like I did in the Jeff Fisher days) that this season isn't over mathematically (e.g., with a couple adjustments, we are developing young talent, other teams are going to get beat up too, just gotta peak at the right time, etc.).

I feel like I'm in a poker tournament where I have lost the discipline to fold when I have a disastrous flop so I keep making emotional calls hoping to get lucky on the turn.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Anyone else getting a sinking feeling about this one?

I know I am in the minority but I have had a sinking feeling about this since i seen the alert on my phone. Another high priced player that we gave up a fortune to acquire.

I have always believed you build a team through the draft and you let the Jets and Redskins make deals like this one. You cant keep trading first round picks and expect to sustain consistent winning. Building a team this way falls apart quickly if your note careful. Take for example our oline situation. That is hard to fix with little draft capital and barely any cap space.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams have to will lock up Ramsey otherwise this trade was a total failure. With Ramsey you know that one CB spot is secure. Now what will be done with the other CB spot, to me Hill is not the answer? I would like to see Williams get more playing time when he recovers from that ankle.
Agreed. Comparing Ramsey's numbers vs Peters numbers is ignoring the sight test. Peters is a gambler and a total liability when he's guarding #1 WR's. Such a small sample size too with Ramsey's play vs #1 WR's. Just like you say above, there aint no way the Rams aren't signing him to a fat contract after the treasure they gave up for him.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
If y'all thought what we gave up for Jalen was a lot, you must not have seen what Wash wanted for Trent. Cleveland had a first rounder and the farm on the table and they still didnt budge. There was no way we were getting anyone decent without giving up a first and then some. Gotta take the least biggest immediate hit. Fowler will be our trade bait to get back in the higher rounds imo.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I know I am in the minority but I have had a sinking feeling about this since i seen the alert on my phone. Another high priced player that we gave up a fortune to acquire.

I have always believed you build a team through the draft and you let the Jets and Redskins make deals like this one. You cant keep trading first round picks and expect to sustain consistent winning. Building a team this way falls apart quickly if your note careful. Take for example our oline situation. That is hard to fix with little draft capital and barely any cap space.
You do realize our entire oline is basically filled with players we drafted? Aside from Whit and Blythe.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Ya its full of 3rd, 4th and 6th rounders. Would be nice to use a 1st rounder on the LT of the future maybe?
You can find quality linemen in later rounds. Being a first round draft pick doesn't make you exempt from being a bust. Which we know quite a bit about when It comes to olinemen in the first.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well the defense has been good lately.... but we also played two of the worst offensive teams in the nfl (Steelers and Bengals).
Falcons offense pretty good though, had scored 65 points in 2 games prior to Rams game, scored just 10

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
You can find quality linemen in later rounds. Being a first round draft pick doesn't make you exempt from being a bust. Which we know quite a bit about when It comes to olinemen in the first.

Would say O-linemen can be found in the 1st and 2nd round to start immediately. Later rounds are usually developmental linemen with some guards being the exception

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Would say O-linemen can be found in the 1st and 2nd round to start immediately. Later rounds are usually developmental linemen with some guards being the exception
I agree. I was merely talking about 1st rounders. Truth be told cb would have been a desperate need this season and next, with talib out and Peter's being in control. We got our cb who was a first rder and a proven one at that. If we want to be a good team we're going to have to get used to not picking in the early first round. Good teams scout good players in later rounds. Like I said earlier, we still have trade bait in fowler to maybe get a couple more picks.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Ok, sure. I think you missed my original point but yes sometimes you find great players in later rounds lol.