Jalen Collins CB depth!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
The title kind of says it all. I just saw the Falcons cut Jalen Collins today and after watching Hatfield and seeing our CB depth. I was wondering what the fellas here on the forum would think if the Rams picked him up to help our CB depth or even be a possible situational starter.

It's obvious we need the depth and he would be a decent "plug and play" type player I believe

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think our chances of getting Hill and NRC back for Sunday are pretty decent. I'm more comfortable knowing Hill could play than grabbing a dude who doesnt know the system.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very mixed reviews by Falcons fans trending to bad. Most are saying he was bad after his ped suspension.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I tend to think good players don't get cut unless they are hurt or they aren't that good...so..

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Depends on what Wade Phillips sees out of him. Surprised we used Hatfield instead of Troy Hill, dude replaced Sensabaugh when he was getting beat and did a good job stepping up on that role

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very mixed reviews by Falcons fans trending to bad. Most are saying he was bad after his ped suspension.

He hasn't played this year. How could he be bad? And he certainly wasn't bad last year when he helped them make the Super Bowl. He had an outstanding playoff run. I'd kick the tires for sure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
did not know he hadn't played, thot he was part of that debacle agin the Hawks
train

He was suspended for the first 10 games for failing a second PED test. That's obviously an issue, but with our CB depth, I'm willing to overlook it.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hell Yes, he's cheap and he'll likely remain cheap should we keep him thru another season. Pretty sure his suspension just ended. Have you guys seen our current secondary ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He hasn't played this year. How could he be bad? And he certainly wasn't bad last year when he helped them make the Super Bowl. He had an outstanding playoff run. I'd kick the tires for sure.
Based on camp and preseason games he played in solely. I'm not saying no I don't want him or think we should sign him. But one of the first things I check when a situation like this pops up is check what his former teams fans say about him. Some say they're shocked because he has played good and was highly touted. Some say he was horrible in camp and with 2 suspensions he's one more away from a year ban so good riddance. And some say he'll help another team out if he's signed.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Based on camp and preseason games he played in solely. I'm not saying no I don't want him or think we should sign him. But one of the first things I check when a situation like this pops up is check what his former teams fans say about him. Some say they're shocked because he has played good and was highly touted. Some say he was horrible in camp and with 2 suspensions he's one more away from a year ban so good riddance. And some say he'll help another team out if he's signed.
The best defense against a desirable player who may be 1 event from permanent ban is a low CAP #.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Let's be real, teams don't release superstars at this point in the season. But he's 24 years old and put out good film last year. Meanwhile, we were forced to rely on a rookie UDFA who got torched mercilessly. I'd take the shot. We'll see what happens.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on what Wade Phillips sees out of him. Surprised we used Hatfield instead of Troy Hill, dude replaced Sensabaugh when he was getting beat and did a good job stepping up on that role
Wasn't hill hurt?