Jake Says We're Getting Jonathon Taylor... [UPDATE: TAYLOR SIGNS EXTENSION WITH COLTS]

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
No issue with someone making content like Jake but he really just rubs me the wrong way. Comes across as arrogant through my limited interactions on twitter. Good luck to him obviously but just not my cup of tea.

That's exactly how I feel about @Loyal.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I now remember why I had a certain poster on ignore and am going to simply return to that rather than waste time continuing to argue over the idea that we should not be tossing out gratuitous insults at fellow Rams fans who posted on this board.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I now remember why I had a certain poster on ignore and am going to simply return to that rather than waste time continuing to argue over the idea that we should not be tossing out gratuitous insults at fellow Rams fans who posted on this board.
I'm sorry, I won't do it again!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No issue with someone making content like Jake but he really just rubs me the wrong way. Comes across as arrogant through my limited interactions on twitter. Good luck to him obviously but just not my cup of tea.
Doesn't seem arrogant to me. But that monotone voice wants to put me to sleep.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jake BoogerEllen is one of the worst people someone cites for anything Rams and is as full of shit as Foolio. (And that’s actually tough to do)
Some say that he was correctly predicting some of the Rams draft picks. One that comes to mind is Kobe Turner, who I don’t think anyone here predicted. That suggest he does have some sort of source for info.
I think his expectations on salary will be affected by the Colts dangling him. He will get feedback from teams interested in trading for him. If all the offered deals are lower than he wants then he has to decide if he wants out of Indy or whether he wants to hold out for his imaginary number.

If he plays hardball then the Colts are dealing him with lesser value. So I am not sure his rumored demands won't change. And if they change to where the Rams are comfortable we might be in play.
Taylor seems to have waffled. At first he was done with Irsay and the Colts. Recently he said I’d he had to play that he would be playing for his teammates. (Paraphrasing)
I think it’s because podcasters like him present themselves as being “in the know” when they’re really just fans with a webcam.
Well, he’s gotten pretty far so far.
Because he acts like he has some type of special official Rams reporter insight.

Not sure why some people react so positively about that.

Assumptions and BS, nothing more.

I’d rather listen to the OldNotDead about everything Rams than listen to that jack ass.
I don’t listen to Jake’s videos. I don’t listen to locked on Rams either. Most of what they say is stuff we already know. So, I’m not a big fan, but he gets into events like the Sr. Bowl and talks to some real football people. So doesn’t that mean he’s accomplished something? He’s still young. Gotta start somewhere.
I would imagine, that any deal would be contingent on his health.

I’m just not as high on draft picks as I am on proven talent.
The injury has me concerned as well, but those can happen to any player.
I agree. If he’s healthy he would be worth acquiring. I haven’t been impressed with many of Snead’s second or third round picks until this season. Also, Taylor was shopped with no takers. Doesn’t that mean the Colts asking price should be lower? I’d trade a third.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
My gut tells me the Rams won't trade for Taylor. Big ego, injury history, asking for top dollar... Rams have been burned before.

Rams have made big "splash" moves for a lot of guys who worked out well... Miller, MS, JR, Brandon Cooks, to name a few. But Taylor IMO has too many question marks to be worth the risk.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I've always liked Jake. He's just a normal young kid who's passionate about sports, doesn't know as much as he thinks he does, and says "I meeean" every other sentence. What's not to like?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My gut tells me the Rams won't trade for Taylor. Big ego, injury history, asking for top dollar... Rams have been burned before.

Rams have made big "splash" moves for a lot of guys who worked out well... Miller, MS, JR, Brandon Cooks, to name a few. But Taylor IMO has too many question marks to be worth the risk.
You may be right. But they did acquire Marcus Peterson despite his ego and attitude.

I’d take Taylor if the price Colts lowered their asking price, and who knows if they’d reach a contract. I doubt the Rams trade for Taylor. However, this regime has repeated mistakes more than once over the last 7 years. Taylor would give them an instant threat to take heat off of Stafford. He would add more legitimacy to them as a contender too. Many said McCaffrey was injury prone and so far he’s been healthy for the Niners.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jake may not have the most reliable sources but he does have some pull. Faulk was on his podcast the other day.
Jake said he didn't get this information from anyone, he was just reading the tealeaves. I respect that because he said that several times, he just believes the Rams are going to make the deal, even though Jake believes they should not and get an edge rusher instead.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jake said he didn't get this information from anyone, he was just reading the tealeaves. I respect that because he said that several times, he just believes the Rams are going to make the deal, even though Jake believes they should not and get an edge rusher instead.
I said that, basically, in the OP.

Now about Pat Haden.....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Now about Pat Haden.....
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I know and understand that. I was just saying in general.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I like Kyren a lot, and he's done well.

But man, he lacks explosive ability.

Jonathan Taylor would be a godsend for this offense.

I can't help but think if it was JT running the ball on Kyrens 20yd run before half, that it's a TD.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Kyren a lot, and he's done well.

But man, he lacks explosive ability.

Jonathan Taylor would be a godsend for this offense.

I can't help but think if it was JT running the ball on Kyrens 20yd run before half, that it's a TD.
That's silly. That same "lack of explosiveness" is why Puka is a Ram

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this, if we did make a move for Taylor, I'd understand why. Kyren is a solid HB, but he's just not fast. There were multiple plays today where an explosive HB had a chance to house it. For Williams, they ended up being 6-15 yard gains. That all said, do not trade a first round pick for Taylor.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
JT would make this offense unfair. Kupp, Puka, Tutu, and JT.

Kyren would still have a valuable roll, especially inside 10 yards