Jaguars trade Fowler to Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No doubt, Bubba. He is like a heat seeking missile. Last week when he went around the edge and skimmed the back sides of the Oline to tackle Blount after the pitch, sticks in my mind.
It did the same to my old mind too. That play ended up with a very unusual stop. ER Fowler was a needed ingredient on the edge of our defense.....even though the trade was costly (3rd rd'er) it will provide added assurances that this team can move forward deep into the playoffs & not make a early exit like we did last season against a weaker team. Fowler filled a gaping HOLE left by IR'd Dom Easley, weakened slowed Longacre & PUP'd Okoronkwo.

Thanks for posting that all22, I was really curious as to what happened on that play & why it got busted up so bad. Fowler did a nice job shaking wide of the pulling G & cutting back inside.
But ya that shot to the head was not kosher. Culda been another flag (so many in that game). He's right there, just tackle the dude.
But I really like his game - he was all over the place in this Lions game. Rams D was bringin it. I dunno why, but when Talib is on the field at all, it's like the light bulb turns on.
The late season trade for ER Dante Fowler Jr. & the return of veteran secondary leader CB Aqib Tailb are big late season additions to provide hope & confidence in this shaky leaky defense.....Our D should finally settle down into a smooth operational unit.

ER Samson Ebukam seemed to fall back into his usual performance after the KC gm. Ebukam needs to feed off Aaron Donald & Fowler going into the playoffs. Wade needs more from Ebukam on a regular basis. We still are yet to see our 2018 drafted top pass rusher ER Og Okoronkwo. I sure would hope to see him finally active & on the field on passing situation this Sunday night.

Dante Fowler has to be ecstatic & grateful after the rams thrown him a lifeline by Snead/ McVay/ Wade from a sinking (on their way from the top to the very bottom) Jags team. This former top 3 First round draft selection has started more games as a Ram than he did in 4 seasons with the Jags. I would imagine that DF & the Rams will find a way for him to wear the Ram-Horns once again next season if he continues on this path of improvement. If retained he plus Samson Ebukam{4th rd.}, Og Okoronkwo{5th rd.}, Justin Lawler{7th rd.} & Trevon Young{6th rd.} gives the Rams a very young five OLB/ER's to build on for the future to go with a trio of young ILB'ers Micah Kiser {5th rd.}, Cory Littleton{UDFA} & Travin Howard{7th rd.}.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I feel like it's been said time and time again how easy it is to accidentally hit that reaction button and not even notice when scrolling on your phone, why do some posters still get so upset over stuff like this?
This^^^

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He has definitely upgraded our rush. What sucks, however, is his impending FA and the risk factor in paying him. This guy isn't an Aaron Donald type whose pride won't allow him to be outworked even when he's sitting on a huge paycheck.

But that's a problem for later so whatevs. Going to enjoy what he's adding to our team now and hope he can help our defense at least get on a mini-roll before the playoffs.

nighttrain

Legend
hmm, just a thot, but why not just remove "inappropriate" button and replace it with "SMH", or sumpin...
train

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
hmm, just a thot, but why not just remove "inappropriate" button and replace it with "SMH", or sumpin...
train
It is a way for the community at large to remove inappropriate posts. In most cases, when a posts receives 3 inappropriates, it is indeed a violation of board rules and is removed before there is a lot of blow back and is done before the mods even see the post.

It doesn’t occur often and usually the post ends up being from a troll but it has been a pretty effective tool.

The other thing the inappropriate button does is give us an idea of if someone has a history of being a problem if he gets on our radar and also has a history of receiving or giving them.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm really liking the addition of Fowler because the guy is a true DE/LB hybrid.

It has helped the LB corps immensely and truth be told...getting the guy to help get the defense over the hump, is the reason. If the Rams hoist the trophy...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

He helped the Rams...and he helped himself if he goes in FA...(y)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams LB Dante Fowler might not be a short-term rental
By Rich Hammond/ December 8, 2018

Acquired from Jacksonville as an edge rusher, Fowler is proving his worth as an every-down player

It started as a rental, but perhaps it will end up being a lease and a purchase. Dante Fowler arrived in the Rams’ locker room with fairly low expectations, the product of on-field underachievement and off-field issues. In a best-case scenario, the end-turned-linebacker would boost the Rams’ relatively tame outside pass rush, then leave via free agency after the season...………………………………..

Click below to read more:
https://www.pe.com/2018/12/08/rams-lb-dante-fowler-might-not-be-a-short-term-rental/

Ram65

Legend
Thinking out loud....Fowler has been an upgrade. Don't think he is more than average or even a little less. Both he and the Rams have some more games to evaluate his play. I would like see more power as he gets stonewalled on a straight rush often. Demoff and the Rams have to evaluate is market value. One, two or three year deals are possible. I have to research what he is worth. It's hard as he could work harder to get better as he is now more healthy and happy.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Thinking out loud....Fowler has been an upgrade. Don't think he is more than average or even a little less. Both he and the Rams have some more games to evaluate his play. I would like see more power as he gets stonewalled on a straight rush often. Demoff and the Rams have to evaluate is market value. One, two or three year deals are possible. I have to research what he is worth. It's hard as he could work harder to get better as he is now more healthy and happy.
I also think we’ve been so spoiled by Aaron Donald that any sign of no pass rush we automatically assume they’re not playing well. Fowler has been great so far.

dang

Legend
Fowler is still very young (24) and appears to be very athletic. If he can become more consistent and disciplined I think he would be a nice OLB/DE addition to the Rams without having to break the bank.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Congrats Dante! I hope we bring him back and I really hope it's at a bargain price. Sign him for what we paid Suh and we should be golden.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I continue to see sideline and game shots of Fowler and Donald being chummy together.

If that helps make this feel like home to Fowler, maybe he is motivated to stay here.