"I've Never Been Caught From Behind" ~ Gabriel to Jack Snow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
... hijack this thread... Great voices in that video too. Pat Summerall (5:30 mark and others) was throughout.

Anyone recognize other voices and time stamp on the video? I’d go back just to match name to voices.

Awesome watch.
bastid....

It's amazing to think of what Gabriel and Snow could have done in todays game. Gabe was a tough SOB and didn't slide that often...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, amazing. If Snow got in front of you... you were toast. He backed up the “never caught from behind” label. (Although I saw one occasion at 11:30 mark).

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
loved RG
RG to Snow was like Warner to Holt or Hadl to Jackson
We should rename this the old guys thread LOL

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Rams used to play Cowboys at what was cal lutheran college before it became a university and we would go watch.
I had a football that most of the big names signed from Snow to olsen. Like the kid I was those names lasted about a week before they were all scraped off from the ball hitting the asphalt in our daily games of street ball. Not always touch either, once we got mad at each other it was on

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rams used to play Cowboys at what was cal lutheran college before it became a university and we would go watch.
I had a football that most of the big names signed from Snow to olsen. Like the kid I was those names lasted about a week before they were all scraped off from the ball hitting the asphalt in our daily games of street ball. Not always touch either, once we got mad at each other it was on
Is that where they practiced in the 50s? My dad used to ride his bike by their practice area. He said they'd grasp their cigs in their teeth and play catch with him on occasion while they were taking their smoke break. :zany:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Is that where they practiced in the 50s? My dad used to ride his bike by their practice area. He said they'd grasp their cigs in their teeth and play catch with him on occasion while they were taking their smoke break. :zany:
I imagine it may have been. It was late 60's early70's when my father took us.
It was super laid back so sounds about right.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Still don't get why Gabriel is not in the HOF?????????????????? Who did he piss off?

jap

Legend
Never was caught from behind? Obviously, Jack never played against the like of a Darrell Green!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never was caught from behind? Obviously, Jack never played against the like of a Darrell Green!
I got another gear or two to leave Green in the dust! ~ Jack Snow

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Keep in mind that in 1973 Rams owner and really General Manager Carroll Rosenbloom although Don Klosterman held the title, but Rosenbloom was much like Jerry Jones in his day, brought in John Hadl from San Diego to compete with Gabriel because Gabe was hurt in 71 and missed many games in 1972 with shoulder issues.

So CR wanted to ensure the Rams had two quality QB's in case of injury, however, Gabriel forced a trade because he did not want to compete for the job and the Rams dealt Gabriel to Philadelphia for Harold Jackson signed James Harris to backup John Hadl and drafted Ron Jaworski.
1617466793626.png

1617466878284.png

jap

Legend
I got another gear or two to leave Green in the dust! ~ Jack Snow
:D

I saw Darrell run down Eric "The Great" Dickinson and his (i.e., Eric's) 4.3 speed. I doubt Jack could run away from Darrell even in his dreams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
:D

I saw Darrell run down Eric "The Great" Dickinson and his (i.e., Eric's) 4.3 speed. I doubt Jack could run away from Darrell even in his dreams.

Darrell Green ran a 4.15 40 faster than Deon Sanders, so although Snow was fly for a white guy, he'd be green with envy, being caught by the fastest man in NFL history, although, if Snow zig zagged his way downfield, it would have made it more difficult.

jap

Legend
Darrell Green ran a 4.15 40 faster than Deon Sanders, so although Snow was fly for a white guy, he'd be green with envy, being caught by the fastest man in NFL history, although, if Snow zig zagged his way downfield, it would have made it more difficult.

The only man that I know with certainty that Darrell never beat in a foot race was Olympian Carl Lewis,