It's Goff time!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Thankfully, our OL is not abysmal at pass blocking this year as they are in run blocking. I'd still like to see a lot of quick passes though because they will probably throw some exotic blitzes at him (or at least exotic to the eyes of a rookie QB).

And man, just once I want to see him find and hit Tavon in the open field, or Quick when he gets behind the D. The point where he starts doing that with consistency is the point where opposing DC's have to start worrying.

If Jared hits Tavon deep a few times early on, every! single blessed NFL DC will sit bolt upright and take serious notice. It's one thing to swarm our Little Big Man with bodies out in the flats: it's another thing to have to try (in vain!) to chase him down when he gets behind most or all of the secondary. Up to now, the only QB Tavon has enjoyed with the arm & accuracy to fond him deep was Sam I Am---and Sam was lacking much of the finesse touch that Jared possesses. If the Jared-to-Tavon battery gets cooking, they will have no real choice but to back off Todd. It's better to die a slow death via the Express!' rumblings than the die a quick death via Warp Five by Tavon smoking the secondary.

jap

Legend
Really happy to see Goff start. It's about the right time. I don't expect the offense to suddenly explode and start scoring like GSOT days. What I want to see at least is Goff succeed in areas where Keenum is deficient. Deep accurate throws, lasers rather than lobs, avoid the brain-dead pick sixes, etc.

However I will miss the nice chemistry Keenum has developed with Britt. They seem to be on the same page. With a young QB we might instead see more check downs and dink and dunk.

The most worrisome part of Goff's game in the pre-season to me was his lack of pocket presence. I hope he can stay upright and healthy.

Go Jared!

If you look at the highlight films of Jared, you will see that he has great pocket presence. What you were seeing in pre-season was a green rookie suffering from information overload, trying to remember his plays and process his reads at NFL speed. Remember this kid has been working more & more with the starting crew. If he is as accurate as he seems to be, he may even be able to establish a game day rapport quickly with some of them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wonder if Chris carter now thinks Goff is a good player since "good players play ".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I wonder if Chris carter now thinks Goff is a good player since "good players play ".

And did Carter think he was a bust in his rookie year? Being that he didn't start any games, only played in a handful and caught only 5 passes all season?

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I think Goff will have a modest start to his career.

355 yards & 4TDs

:yess:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Viney B reporting on am 570 that Goff looks good in practice. Said he's making some throws that you just couldn't put in a better spot. Even against Tru. Said he's come a long way since training camp.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just saw Kronke on NFL network he compared Goff to Donald, some high praise. I'll be happy to see him get started but I certain don't expect him to play at Donald's level as fast as Donald did.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Viney B reporting on am 570 that Goff looks good in practice. Said he's making some throws that you just couldn't put in a better spot. Even against Tru. Said he's come a long way since training camp.
Not many better defenses to practice against than the Rams

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
NFL Gamepass in the UK blacks out games shown on Sky (which, obviously, includes most if not all of the playoff games despite the fact that Gamepass charges you a higher subscription to have playoff games included - figure that out?!!).

Luckily, I have tunnelbear VPN tell my phone its outside the UK thereby bypassing the blackout.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Last week even though we won..... I had my faith kinda shaken.....and after I turned the channel.... I was faced with the reality that for all the talent we had....we were playing like a 4 and 5 team.. we have been playing inconsistently and undisciplined. ...This week now that Goff is in I'm excited again on 2 different levels.

This week I think he may open up the offense just by being on the field....and Gurley may benefit directly from this....

Realistically. .. he may have ups and downs but the future is now..... so I'm willing to live with it...... plus if he plays better than we all think..... there are so many ways that a franchise QB effects the game positively. ....he made a lot of brilliant reads and throws in college..... hopefully he is decisive. ... and during the heat of the battle....just plays football......the under center stuff imho....is much to do about nothing.....;)

Go Rams........... ;)