It's Goff time!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Hmm.. I'm not so sure he has a better "Touch" Dave. In the preseason we saw a LOT of drops from multiple receivers. He seems to throw a harder ball than CK. Hopefully the receivers have gotten acclimated to his passes and this is now a non issue.

I am going to be paying attention more to the accuracy of his passes. I just hope our receivers have those soft hands because if Goff is gunning it they need to catch them, and they will be held accountable for dropped passes especially if the passes are on the money...I just hope he really does play to kind of see where he stands right about now. Hope this anticipation of the Goff train is well worth it.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm really looking forward to seeing Goff, but am going in with very limited expectations...I think there's a real decent chance he could really struggle and seem over matched in his 1st start....He could also set the damn Coliseum en fuego...I'll go with the latter..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmm.. I'm not so sure he has a better "Touch" Dave. In the preseason we saw a LOT of drops from multiple receivers. He seems to throw a harder ball than CK. Hopefully the receivers have gotten acclimated to his passes and this is now a non issue.

Goff has incredible touch. It's something you see in his college tape. He throws with a lot more zip than Keenum, but he knows how to throw the ball to defeat the coverage. If he needs to put air under it, he will. If he needs to zip it, he will.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Color me optimistic, but I think he comes out firing Sunday. He has the confidence and the capability, the question will be: will fisher stick with fisherball and limit Goff's exposure even with such a pouress running game? I hope not and I am a true believer in this kid. It sounds crazy, but there's just something different and more reassuring about him compared to when we rolled out Bradford(Braces myself :hiding:). Don't get me wrong, I was just as excited (I cried as a 20 yr old when we made the Bradford selection lol) but Goff just has that look and swag that Bradford never really gave off. Sam came off very hesitant to me and Goff seems more assertive and direct. Could just be me tho.. As an aside, I will say that I had a good friend almost make the team back when Quick and Pead were rookies and he shared some pretty cool insight about every guy I asked about. When I asked about Bradford, he said Bradford was the type of guy you could essentially walk up to and call a p#$%ssy and not get a real reaction from him. He said a lot of guys liked him and he was a nice kid to go out with, but that he seemed to be very hesitant and almost a space cadet at times. True story. I've shared numerous tidbits before so I'd stake my rep.. My buddy roomed with Pead and almost made the final cut before being cut before what I believe was the colts preseason finally.

jap

Legend
All NFL teams have an assortment of defensive plays designed to throw everything and the kitchen sink at young wanna-be franchise QB's. The difference here is: Jared was brought along so slowly, he may have had time to get used to some of this, especially since Greg Williams has been forcing him to read the Horns' exotic defensive looks. Besides, Jared's sheer height, rapid release, strong arm, and touch will make it difficult for the 'Phins to get to him every time.

I just want Jared to scare them with his accurate long ball enough that the D backs off Todd. It may not happen in this game. The 'Phins may do like everyone else and stuff Todd while daring the Golden Kid to do it all with his arm. Defenses stuffed Marshall and dared Kurt for nearly half a season in 1999 before they started shifting to more honest alignments. Still, Jared might scare them enough to allow Todd to bust a few big ones here & there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
due to his adrenaline, gitters, the crowd, etc
Well you know what theys says:
Larry-the-Cable-Guy.jpg

Goff in a Fisher offense.

It's like putting a shark in a kiddie pool.

He's going to flop around. Some people will nervously laugh and snicker and others will be talking about cruelty to animals until dad comes out and scolds the teen and gets the older brother to set the shark free back in the ocean.

But the shark will be too damaged by the time he is set free. He will never return to his former self.
139722-Every-Animal-Shot-In-The-Head-I-ve-Seen-Was-Limp-As-Spaghetti-Before-....gif

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Goff has incredible touch. It's something you see in his college tape. He throws with a lot more zip than Keenum, but he knows how to throw the ball to defeat the coverage. If he needs to put air under it, he will. If he needs to zip it, he will.

Maybe "Touch" wasn't the right word for me to use and I get what you're saying. The point I was trying to make is receivers were dropping perfect passes to them from Goff. More than the softer passes from CK.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe "Touch" wasn't the right word for me to use and I get what you're saying. The point I was trying to make is receivers were dropping perfect passes to them from Goff. More than the softer passes from CK.

I might be recalling wrong, but I think the receivers dropping passes were mainly rookies and Brian Quick. Rookie drops happen early on because their mind is focusing on so many different tasks due to their lack of experience with the offense. Quick just seems to be prone to bouts of dropsies.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I might be recalling wrong, but I think the receivers dropping passes were mainly rookies and Brian Quick. Rookie drops happen early on because their mind is focusing on so many different tasks due to their lack of experience with the offense. Quick just seems to be prone to bouts of dropsies.

You got it pretty much right, it was Quick and all the youngsters who were getting the preseason reps. Hopefully these guys have acclimated themselves to his style of throwing and developed those soft hands that SteezyEndo mentions

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

Idk if you ever used a jugs machine but thats as fast if not faster than any pass you'll get from a qb and im sure all the WRs use the jugs plenty of times each week. so I doubt the wrs cant handle goff's increased speed, but there may have been/will be a slight adjustment period of going from slower to faster

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Is it okay to post again how happy I am that Jared Goff is now our starter?

It was getting a bit rough there

Glad that all the Keenum vs Goff debate is in the past

Let's rally around the Golden Boy!!!!
GO RAMS

RamzFanz

Damnit
That reverses what coach Jeff Fisher said two days ago, when he insisted that Case Keenum would remain the team’s starting quarterback.

So funny when anyone takes anything Fisher says as meaningful.

Goff is coming in right on time... not the best time, Fisher's time. 3 games after the perfect opportunity to turn the season around. Just like clockwork.

I'm excited, but I feel someone pulling on that rug.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
We will rally around Ryan Gosling, and we will play good football...

RamWoodie

Legend
Glad that all the Keenum vs Goff debate is in the past

Let's rally around the Golden Boy!!!!
GO RAMS
There was really never any Keenum vs Goff debate...you *perceived* it that way. The debate was really about what Goff was lacking and why he shouldn't start. Anyone watching the two knew Goff has a great arm...but they also knew from his preseason performance that he needed a lot of work.

I've always stood by the fact that when the staff said he was ready...START HIM. That doesn't mean he won't have some issues even now that he's starting...but the hope is that he doesn't look like the guy 10 weeks ago.

Goff has a lot going over Keenum when it comes to throwing the ball...faster release, stronger arm, and better footwork....the difference (I hope), will be that he has a better grasp of what he sees when he looks at defensive alignments.

Sunday...we'll know. I'm in his corner whole hog...and I really hope these ten weeks of work shows it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was really never any Keenum vs Goff debate...you *perceived* it that way. The debate was really about what Goff was lacking and why he shouldn't start. Anyone watching the two knew Goff has a great arm...but they also knew from his preseason performance that he needed a lot of work.

I've always stood by the fact that when the staff said he was ready...START HIM. That doesn't mean he won't have some issues even now that he's starting...but the hope is that he doesn't look like the guy 10 weeks ago.

Goff has a lot going over Keenum when it comes to throwing the ball...faster release, stronger arm, and better footwork....the difference (I hope), will be that he has a better grasp of what he sees when he looks at defensive alignments.

Sunday...we'll know. I'm in his corner whole hog...and I really hope these ten weeks of work shows it.

"There was a never a debate. You perceived it wrong. Everyone knew that my opinion was the only one that mattered."

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I've sinned, wanted Goff since day 1. . . Said I'd stay away from ROD lately yet too many dedicated fans here. You all brought me back, not Fisher or Stan that man above . \m/