It simply comes down to this: 24ppg

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I hope you are right, but keep in mind, Austin is liberally listed at 5'8, Brown is listed at 5'10. Brown appears to be a much more accomplished route runner and the 2 inches might now seem like a big deal, but IMO it is.

I don't know what it is I guess its just they way they move but when I see Brown playing he just looks like a polished Austin to me. Brown doesn't use his size to get open he uses his elite quickness and route running. Austin has a long ways to go on his route running but he has the ankle breaking quickness that very few guys possess in this league. Once he gets his route running down there are very few corners in the league that can cover the kinds of cuts this kid can make. Just like Brown he was almost unstoppable last year and arguably the top WR in the league. I really hope Austin has the brains to get there because he has all the skills that Brown has.

fearsomefour

Legend
I thi

IMO, I think. Too many people view his offensive stats as the measuring stick when evaluating his contributions or "worth".

I was at the Predraft event prior to them talking Austin. And Fisher was very coy in his comments but did in fact say that they "may be drafting" someone that would have a tremendous impact in the return game.

I am not trying to say they don't think he can be a key part of the offense. But in much the same fashion as it has taken Brian Quick into his 3rd year for the light bulb to come in, I think the same thing may apply to Austin as a WR.

The big difference being that Brain Quick has one intangible that Austin never will. His size.

Austin has got to be precise in his routes and understanding of the concepts to be successful. And so far he hasn't shown the ability to to be that.

But he is the dynamic return guy they anticipated.
True.
One thing that Quick did not have was the level of expectation of being a high first round pick. WR is one of the tougher positions to adjust to in the NFL (or so we are told). Austin coming from the kind of offense they ran at WV may contribute to this. I know Bailey has appeared in some ways to grasp things quicker, but, guys are different. One thing for sure, with his athletic ability I am sure the wait on Austin will be worth it. Austin has been hampered by tons of flags in the return game as well.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Totally agree about the 24 PPG part. I think most Rams fans have been aware of that number for years now, and hoping they could get there. But, alas...

There really shouldn't be any reason that the defense doesn't start the year off strongly... if they do, then the coaches have got to be held accountable for that... For now, I'' assume that won't happen.

But the offense? I really have my doubts... lots of new pieces and an Oline that still looks very anemic to me right now (that could change).

This team could go in any number of different directions this year... the addition of Foles alone is cause for excitement and wonder.

No matter what, the beginning of a new season is always exciting!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
True.
One thing that Quick did not have was the level of expectation of being a high first round pick. WR is one of the tougher positions to adjust to in the NFL (or so we are told). Austin coming from the kind of offense they ran at WV may contribute to this. I know Bailey has appeared in some ways to grasp things quicker, but, guys are different. One thing for sure, with his athletic ability I am sure the wait on Austin will be worth it. Austin has been hampered by tons of flags in the return game as well.

He did get screwed many many times on returns his first two seasons. I also think with Foles at QB at 6"6 is gonna be able to find and hit Austin over the middle better than the shorter Davis and Hill It can't be easy to see a 5"8 guy running around behind a bunch of 6"4 plus guys when your barely 6"2 yourself. Foles has got the arm to hit Austin down field in stride as opposed to Davis and Hill. Ive got high hopes that Austin has many games this year like the one where he completely took the game over at Indy.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
When talking Rams Offense I say it this way...Linemen Linemen Linemen the biggest baddest bubba's you can find and put them on the line. Even if they are young and you find them in the draft . Get them signed keep them together and in a few years the Rams will go deep in the playoffs.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
When talking Rams Offense I say it this way...Linemen Linemen Linemen the biggest baddest bubba's you can find and put them on the line. Even if they are young and you find them in the draft . Get them signed keep them together and in a few years the Rams will go deep in the playoffs.

I sure hope were going to get deep into the playoffs sooner than in a few years. Fix this Oline right and I think they sky is the limit for this team THIS year this team is oozing with talent everywhere else.