Isaiah Pead suspended for first game of season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
El Juggernauto said:
X said:
He'll be RB1 to start the season.
Bank it.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Not a chance in hell. Richardson has shown too much. Pead fell down every time he saw a football. We will see, and if he gets the knod, I hope he does great for the teams sake. But I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on it.
Bet me.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

What's the bet.....?
I don't know. Something humiliating.
Any ideas?

Sent via Tapatalk2.

How about having the loser dress up as a Seahawk or 49er mascot and post some pictures on the website? Good promotion of the website, humiliating but not egregious, and fun for the rest of us.

:cheese:

DeaconJ

Rookie
Pead - Ganaway #1A & 1B
Richardson - change 'o pace
Stacy - change 'o pace (I'm learnin' this sh*t)

That's my story, and I'm sticking.......whatever! :rofl:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isaiah Pead RB STL

4 Hrs St Louis Rams

The Rams reportedly knew about Isaiah Pead's one-game suspension "for months" and maintain "high expectations" for the 2012 second-round pick.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the one-game ban stems from a "minor violation" from last year. Profootballtalk's Mike Florio speculates it resulted from some "previously unknown violation of law." The NFL does not have to disclose reasons for suspensions, and nor does Pead's camp.

pead will be the starter.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
El Juggernauto said:
Just another reason I can not stand this guy. I have no freaking clue why people think he has a chance in hell at starting for this team. I saw nothing special. Had a decent run or two at the most. But nothing like we saw out of Richardson. He complains that missing a single week of OTS's cost him time and carries. I didn't see Andrew luck struggling. I know I'll catch heat from this, but I do not care. Can't stand the guy
That's not what he said.
Pead said:
I had a playbook, but I couldn’t explain it to myself. [hil]I missed all but a week of [offseason practices] last year[/hil]
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045</a>

As for Luck, the Colts had way too much invested in his success. Who else was going to be their starting QB? The Rams' season didn't hinge on Pead's success. They had Richardson working out as Jackson's backup.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
El Juggernauto said:
Can you tell me a single time ever that Jackson outran a DB? Richardson has the longest run from scrimmage. What can Pead do? Except for get to anxious and fall?

Don't be so short sighted. Pead has more talent than all of them. If he doesn't get it with a bit of confidence and more reps, then we have problems. This kid is a stud, I have no worries. This league is not about what have you shown as an untested rookie. The kid didn't really get a chance to show you anything unfortunately. Thing is, rookies take the league by storm every year that have shown you less than Richardson or Pead. Truth is, Pead has more talent. It's not just about what a guy has shown you in glimpses for one year

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
X said:
He'll be RB1 to start the season.
Bank it.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't the being suspended Week 1 make you the automatic loser of this bet? :shock:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:
Actually, in today's world, truth and trust are probably closer to vapor then fluid. In any event, this tweet shows significant maturity. I like it, and I like this kid.

Myself and the rest of this board is ready to cheer for this kid. But, the ball is in his court.

I've still got hope. But dude is testing my patience.

This...

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
A55VA6 said:
Interesting.

[tweet]340606512131096576[/tweet]
[tweet]340606764418465792[/tweet]

Could have smoked a little pot or something when he was down after his season wasn't going well, something like that.

He'll be fine.. Week 2 we're just going to have some pissed off guys looking to prove a point.
This sounds like a leftover from his awful rookie season, a year that just keeps on giving. If Fisher hasn't given up on him, I certainly won't.

RamsNation

Rookie
Apparently Rams have known about this for months and knew this suspension was coming.They still have high hopes for him so my guess is they aren't to disappointed in him I think he is getting the benefit of the doubt.But none the less I don't like the trend that's forming with these suspensions.This has to stop,can't make this a habit.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
So what you're saying is... Isaiah Pead smoked some weed? :sly:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All NFL/NBA pro's just need to get marijuana med cards. Fucks sake...enough with the suspensions.... :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
mojorizen7 said:
All NFL/NBA pro's just need to get marijuana med cards. Fucks sake...enough with the suspensions.... :cool:
Problem solved. :sure:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/pead-suspension-will-result-in-four-figure-fine-for-rams/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -for-rams/</a>
Pead suspension will result in four-figure fine for Rams
Earlier this month, the Seahawks provided a reminder of a five-year-old rule that imposes fines on teams having players with multiple league-imposed suspensions in the same season. Though the league wouldn’t confirm it, the available facts indicated that the Seahawks paid more than $60,000 in fines last year, as a result of three suspensions under the performance-enhancing drugs policy.

Another team in the NFC West will be paying money to the league under that same principle in 2013. As pointed out by Howard Balzer on Twitter, the suspensions of Rams guard Rokevious Watkins and running back Isaiah Pead for one game each will result in the Rams forfeiting 25 percent of the money Pead loses during his suspension.

It equates to only $8,434.56. However, for the next suspension in 2013, the percentage climbs to 33 percent of the lost pay. Then to 50 percent.

Then again, owner Stan Kroenke can afford it.

Meanwhile, the Rams have experienced multiple problems with multiple members of a supposedly stellar 2012 draft class. We’ll be breaking it all down in detail on Saturday morning.

Some would call that a tease. I prefer to call it an I’m-tired-and-I-wanna-go-to-bed cop out.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FOUR FIGURES!?!?!?!

shocked.gif

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ram Quixote said:
El Juggernauto said:
Just another reason I can not stand this guy. I have no freaking clue why people think he has a chance in hell at starting for this team. I saw nothing special. Had a decent run or two at the most. But nothing like we saw out of Richardson. He complains that missing a single week of OTS's cost him time and carries. I didn't see Andrew luck struggling. I know I'll catch heat from this, but I do not care. Can't stand the guy
That's not what he said.
Pead said:
I had a playbook, but I couldn’t explain it to myself. [hil]I missed all but a week of [offseason practices] last year[/hil]
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14045</a>

As for Luck, the Colts had way too much invested in his success. Who else was going to be their starting QB? The Rams' season didn't hinge on Pead's success. They had Richardson working out as Jackson's backup.

OTA's are only a couple weeks long. They were talking about it on NFLAM the other day, the long ones are 14 practices, so I assumed he meant that. I honestly could have misinterpreted it I guess. But non the less. What it boils down to, is I have little to no faith. I was so high on this guy, then pre-season came, he just kept falling, I kept cheering for him, saying it was just his nerves. But nothing ever happened. And do not mistake my lack of enthusiasm for him as a lack of hope that I am wrong. I hope he comes out and is a boss. He has the skill set to get 2000 yards from scrimmage. Just do know that we will ever see that potential come to fruition.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
El Juggernauto said:
Ram Quixote said:
El Juggernauto said:
That's not what he said.
Pead said:

OTA's are only a couple weeks long. They were talking about it on NFLAM the other day, the long ones are 14 practices, so I assumed he meant that. I honestly could have misinterpreted it I guess. But non the less. What it boils down to, is I have little to no faith. I was so high on this guy, then pre-season came, he just kept falling, I kept cheering for him, saying it was just his nerves. But nothing ever happened. And do not mistake my lack of enthusiasm for him as a lack of hope that I am wrong. I hope he comes out and is a boss. He has the skill set to get 2000 yards from scrimmage. Just do know that we will ever see that potential come to fruition.
I was starting to have little faith in him until the last game of the season. Again it was limited work (five carries), but he looked like a guy who could become a pretty good RB. He was patient, followed his blockers, had great vision for seeing the hole and ran through it hard. In fact in those five carries he impressed me more than D. Rich who was very good at hitting the hole with full speed, but not so good at cutting back/vision/patience to allow the hole to develop. If Pead can carry the ball like he did in that last game, I think he can do very well with our offensive system.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Rams found themselves in dire need
Of a back with some moves and some speed
What they hoped they had found
When they drafted high round
Has to wait for now cuz Pead peed weed

Thankyew thankyew very much
I'll be here every night :cool:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A lady that i know just came from columbia,
She smiled because i did not understand.
Then she held out some marijuana, ha ha!
She said it was the best in all the land.

And i said,
"no, no, no, no, i don't smoke it no more,
I'm tired of waking up on the floor.
No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze,
And then it makes it hard to find the door."

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
X said:
mojorizen7 said:
All NFL/NBA pro's just need to get marijuana med cards. freaks sake...enough with the suspensions.... :cool:
Problem solved. :sure:

I mean to get technical on what's probably a joke, the NFLPA would probably need to go to bat for pot getting off the list for controlled substances, since the issue is the suspensions not arrests. But I could see that happening. The big issue that fans seem to be taking with players seem to be performance enhancers, of which weed is not, unless that performance is "see how many Peeps you can shove in your mouth while listening to Dark Side."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm starting to believe to avoid players from The University of Cincinnati. First Mardy Gilyard and now Mr. Pead. Hey let's hope the kid gets some counseling and realizes that he needs to stop making excuses and realize the opportuntiy he has in life.

RB Coach Ben Sirmans needs to light a fire under Pead's a**! I do have some trepidations with Pead because of the fact, he kept stating that missing OTA's put him behind. Well, many players miss OTA's due to injuries and they seem to be able to contribute. For example Barrett Jones is rehabbing from injury and missing OTA's and I am willing to bet, he'll be just fine when called upon.

At this point it appears that Pead is not that smart, but I again I hope going forward he's able to overcome this and offer the playmaking ability he showcased in college.