Is Wolford a legit top end backup QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I know that many will see this as controversial, because we debated whether Wolford would be a better starter than Goff.

With Saffold as QB, the debate of Wolford as starting QB have ended.

So how do we see Wolford as the backup?

To stir the pot, I will say that I think Bortles in 2019 was a better backup than Wolford in 2020.

Meaning, if Saffold goes down, I don’t see Wolford as the answer.

Have at me.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I think Wolford is just fine as Stafford’s backup. Could we have a better backup QB? Sure. If the Rams didn’t feel good about him I think they would have found another option. The Rams might draft a QB very late to compete for the back up spot, but I think that McVay is completely ok with Wolford.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Wolford has almost a half a game of NFL experience and he is in some minds better than Goff, so he might be better than Stafford.
Give him a chance! :sneaky:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I on the small sample size wagon here. He looked good when he played, can he sustain that level of play?????

He’s definitely better than Saffolf.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I feel much stronger with Wolford then who the Los Angeles Rams have had in the past and that's been proven, including a drive against the Seattle "cheap shot" Seahawks....Wolford has everything you want in a backup, mobility, cerebral and looks good on the sideline with a cap & headset.
1617049529855.png

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I on the small sample size wagon here. He looked good when he played, can he sustain that level of play?????

He’s definitely better than Saffolf.
Did he really look good?
IMO, he was adequate, and when asked to lead, felt he had to be a runner and got hurt in a play no QB should attempt

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Did he really look good?
IMO, he was adequate, and when asked to lead, felt he had to be a runner and got hurt in a play no QB should attempt
Well there are plenty of QBs in the league running the read option. And, if it wasn’t for the illegal cheap shot that injured him, he was shredding the hags.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well there are plenty of QBs in the league running the read option. And, if it wasn’t for the illegal cheap shot that injured him, he was shredding the hags.
Not many last long when leading with their helmet

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Don't know who this Wolford is but our backup Goatford is absolutely a top end QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holds a clipboard as good as any, and he's cheap. Works for me!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Generally speaking if you can win with a backup I think he's a good backup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's ok with me if he continues to look good on the sidelines in a cap and headset and we never find out if he can actually play.
Exactly. If Stafford goes down, the season is over, like every other team's QB and backup

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that many will see this as controversial, because we debated whether Wolford would be a better starter than Goff.

With Saffold as QB, the debate of Wolford as starting QB have ended.

So how do we see Wolford as the backup?

To stir the pot, I will say that I think Bortles in 2019 was a better backup than Wolford in 2020.

Meaning, if Saffold goes down, I don’t see Wolford as the answer.
Have at me

The Titans are freakin doomed if Saffoldgoes down! Might hurt our feelings a bit too...:cool:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think he’s an adequate back up. He looked good against Arizona for his first time. I thought he looked shorter than his 6’-1” listed height.

I would like a better backup but how often does that happen?