Irsay arrested for drunk driving

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wonder how he can suspend him and expect it to matter? He still makes money whether he attends games or practices or meetings, so that's no real deterent. I don't think he can be fined for his behavior can he?

I would expect that he would have to make a sizable donation to a charity, go to rehab, then do some community service. What he needs is to be humbled by the addiction. From what I have seen over the years it's a very effective treatment. Taking a few bucks away from a billionaire doesn't do anything, putting him in a soup kitchen or having him talk to kids in a school will make the point though.

I burned through two marriages by the time I was 26 and was diagnosed with terminal cirrhosis of the liver at age 28. Being alone, broke, and dying caused me to walk into an AA meeting and ask for help. Have never had a problem with booze or any other addiction since that day. If I would have had Irsay's money I would have been dead long ago.

You're exactly right that he needs to bottom out and be humbled. After receiving treatment and spending some time clean and sober, Irsay needs to help others who are still struggling. That's how you pay back and keep what you've got. I fear that his money, fame, and connections will keep that from happening.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looks like he's wearing some sort of bizarre 'Affliction' button up shirt in that picture. I think that's all the humiliation a rich 55 year old man needs right there.

I'm trendy, but age appropriate and don't wear douchy clothes like that. It looks terrible and is designed for Guido in NJ lol.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I burned through two marriages by the time I was 26 and was diagnosed with terminal cirrhosis of the liver at age 28. Being alone, broke, and dying caused me to walk into an AA meeting and ask for help. Have never had a problem with booze or any other addiction since that day. If I would have had Irsay's money I would have been dead long ago.

You're exactly right that he needs to bottom out and be humbled. After receiving treatment and spending some time clean and sober, Irsay needs to help others who are still struggling. That's how you pay back and keep what you've got. I fear that his money, fame, and connections will keep that from happening.

That's good that you got past that. A very, very close friend of mine ended up dead because he wasn't smart enough to beat cocaine and booze.

I think there is one common theme among happy recovered addicts. Their addiction of choice had to first beat them in order for them to beat it. So you may be right that Irsays money and fame will slow the process. If it does, well fuck him then he is too stupid to get it. This should be a HUGE wake up call. When you have four felonies pending it's time to make a few changes eh.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Guy is 54 and looks 70,it's hard to look at those pics. and not feel sorry for the person ,however IF I were Goodel I'd suspend him for 4 games without pay ,meaning I'd fine his club one fourth of it's yearly revenue and stipulate it be given to rehab centers for people who could not afford the Betty Ford or any other high profile treatment centers .
Then he would have to complete the same substance abuse requirements any player had to including periodic random drug testing.
The precedent has been set,players lose game checks and those checks represent FAR greater percentages of a players net worth,it's a chunk of money ,but short of that IMO it has no impact .
That or they need to quit cracking down on the players.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
That's good that you got past that. A very, very close friend of mine ended up dead because he wasn't smart enough to beat cocaine and booze.

I think there is one common theme among happy recovered addicts. Their addiction of choice had to first beat them in order for them to beat it. So you may be right that Irsays money and fame will slow the process. If it does, well freak him then he is too stupid to get it. This should be a HUGE wake up call. When you have four felonies pending it's time to make a few changes eh.

My dad died at 43 after having ravaged his body with booze for many years. You would think I would have gotten the point after seeing that up close but no. Addicts aren't moved by logic and reason but only by their compulsions. Anyone who gets in the way of feeding that addiction has to go whether it's wives, family, or even an NFL team.

You will see Irsay go into rehab and come out with a big smile on his face while saying all the right things to the media. but if he fails to understand and practice total abstinence from his particular demons this will not end well. The examples of this are legion - Amy Winehouse, Jerry Garcia, Chris Farley, John Belushi, etc. etc. and on and on.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Guy is 54 and looks 70,it's hard to look at those pics. and not feel sorry for the person ,however IF I were Goodel I'd suspend him for 4 games without pay ,meaning I'd fine his club one fourth of it's yearly revenue and stipulate it be given to rehab centers for people who could not afford the Betty Ford or any other high profile treatment centers .
Then he would have to complete the same substance abuse requirements any player had to including periodic random drug testing.
The precedent has been set,players lose game checks and those checks represent FAR greater percentages of a players net worth,it's a chunk of money ,but short of that IMO it has no impact .
That or they need to quit cracking down on the players.

The difference between players and coaches and owners is that the players have a CBA stating they can't do those things and if they do the punishment is spelled out in the CBA. Owners don't have a contract with the NFL and therefore do not have the same punishment mandated. In other words Goodell can only do so much, and in reality anything he does will have to be agreed to by Irsay. Goodell is literally powerless here. If Irsay was a coach he could do something, but he is a franchise owner and therefore there are no NFL rules broken. Goodell can hope that Irsay agrees to some kind of punishment, but IMO that's all he has is hope.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The difference between players and coaches and owners is that the players have a CBA stating they can't do those things and if they do the punishment is spelled out in the CBA. Owners don't have a contract with the NFL and therefore do not have the same punishment mandated. In other words Goodell can only do so much, and in reality anything he does will have to be agreed to by Irsay. Goodell is literally powerless here. If Irsay was a coach he could do something, but he is a franchise owner and therefore there are no NFL rules broken. Goodell can hope that Irsay agrees to some kind of punishment, but IMO that's all he has is hope.
Yeah apparently there is another difference, NFL "Total Access" led off with a story about Cam Newtons ankle,I watched for about 3/4 of the show NEVER mentioned Irsay

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
NEVER thought there wasn't WAY MORE to the story,one of the reasons I'm not big on adulation,"heroes" get shit swept under the rug for them ALL THE TIME and in the extreme cases it produces O.J Simpson and Jerry Sandusky type characters