Incognito Checks Self Into Mental Hospital

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
He's been in counseling before. He knows he has (serious mental health) problems. He needs to accept responsibility for himself. That is different than toughening up.

Martin obviously had problems too - with depression and/or severe social anxiety. You put the two together and it's no surprise the situation exploded. This was on the Miami Dolphins front office in my opinion.

How could they have not known who these guys were?
You'd think SOMEONE WOULD have noticed, unless it's not the anomaly it's being portrayed as.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's been in counseling before. He knows he has (serious mental health) problems. He needs to accept responsibility for himself. That is different than toughening up.

Martin obviously had problems too - with depression and/or severe social anxiety. You put the two together and it's no surprise the situation exploded. This was on the Miami Dolphins front office in my opinion.

How could they have not known who these guys were?

Sounds like putting these two guys together was the perfect storm. Both have some serious emotion issues.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
And we KNOW THESE IS MODERN TIMES, the methods worked when used, we are FWIW a chickafied society now that rejects what made MUCH tougher generations ......tougher.
BTW if you offered you condescension to "toughen" instead of to deride ,I'd accept your chide ,but I don't think ya did.

I'm not defending Incognito per se , just pointing out that if you really KNOW what his motives were, you know more than anyone and it WAS reported RI had been charged with toughening the kid.

What I DO KNOW is that Incognito has problems with treating people like people. It goes far beyond Jonathon Martin and has been well documented.

How many examples of this do we need before we can label a duck a duck?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
What I DO KNOW is that Incognito has problems with treating people like people. It goes far beyond Jonathon Martin and has been well documented.

How many examples of this do we need before we can label a duck a duck?
So you're saying he's a duck who doesn't know how to treat people?
I'm sure RI is a troubled young man,I'm just saying most people in Amurka today got no idea WHAT tough is,nor how to get that way, your derision towards "ancient theories" is born of unwarranted contemporary arrogance and FWIW it's an epidemic.

Ram_of_Old

RI could come out of this and land a starting position on an NFL team. It is hard to tell how this turns out. But I do know they both need help.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So you're saying he's a duck who doesn't know how to treat people?
I'm sure RI is a troubled young man,I'm just saying most people in Amurka today got no idea WHAT tough is,nor how to get that way, your derision towards "ancient theories" is born of unwarranted contemporary arrogance and FWIW it's an epidemic.
Quack!

Look, there is difference between being tough on someone and riding them hard...and calling them racial slurs, sexual slurs, threatening to rape their sister, etc...especially when the person doing this has a legal history of allegedly sexually assaulting a woman and physically assaulting others.

I can remember playing football and one of our captains grinding on one of the lesser players that was ridiculously out of shape...he wasn't derogatory. He didn't call him a fat fuck, or make fun of him for being Asian, etc...I can remember exactly the things he said to him... "Jim, get your ass moving, you think you are working hard but you're not! Let's go, toughen up!".

The days of threatening and degrading people are gone.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sounds like putting these two guys together was the perfect storm. Both have some serious emotion issues.

A perfect storm indeed.

As someone who burned through two marriages by the time I was 26, along with addiction problems and all the craziness that happens because of that lifestyle, and didn't come out of my tailspin until my early 30's, I know from personal experience what can happen once you wake up and ask for help. It was easier for me because I didn't have his money and all the sycophants around to slow down the process of bottoming out.

It sounds like RI is starting to realize that the way he's been doing his business is not working and that he needs help. That's the first step for him on a long journey. Hope he, along with anyone else presently on the crazy train, gets the help he needs and turns his life around. Americans tend to love a redemption story.

jap

Legend
Why didn't he seek help much earlier when he was with us? It might have saved us a couple dozen unsportsmanlike conduct 15-yard penalties. :rolleyes:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Would have been nice. But as most do, to hm the problem was probably someone else. Most likely he felt Spags was a goody two shoes or that Hasletts was a moron........Oh wait a minute. Maybe Richie is sane afterall.

I miss watching Jim yell at Richie on the sidelines. It was good comic relief thru the losing, especially when he slapped the candy bar out of his hand.

Ram_of_Old

Would have been nice. But as most do, to hm the problem was probably someone else. Most likely he felt Spags was a goody two shoes or that Hasletts was a moron........Oh wait a minute. Maybe Richie is sane afterall.

I miss watching Jim yell at Richie on the sidelines. It was good comic relief thru the losing, especially when he slapped the candy bar out of his hand.

Mental illness comes in all different sizes and flavors. It is sometimes called, as it should be, mental illness. Then sometimes is it called emotional issues. But it all comes down to mental illness. My wife and I had over 40 foster kids in our home, and we have seen it run from A D D to bi-polar to criminal behavior.

Our last foster son, several years after he left our home, shot two young kids to death because they wouldn't share their drugs. Obviously, he had mental illness that went untreated far to long. He is now in prison for the rest of his life, because social services ignored our pleas for help due to their " extreme workload."

Sorry for venting.....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Didn't Incognito ask out of the game because he said he was ill then he grabbed the candy bar making Haslett mad and so he slapped it out of his hand.

That was a bright spot that year.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Didn't Incognito ask out of the game because he said he was ill then he grabbed the candy bar making Haslett mad and so he slapped it out of his hand.

That was a bright spot that year.
Something like that.

God that seems like eons ago.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Could we be a little less condescending towards conflicting opinion,RI's methods were not unlike the methods of old time drill instructors, whose job was to..........toughen people up among other things.
His theory is nothing like what Drills do or used to do. And the military quickly learned that wasn't the best way and have changed how drills operate. They yell and scream and call names sure, but they also instruct, and they know where the line is. Family is one thing they do not target for example.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
His theory is nothing like what Drills do or used to do. And the military quickly learned that wasn't the best way and have changed how drills operate. They yell and scream and call names sure, but they also instruct, and they know where the line is. Family is one thing they do not target for example.
SO WTF do you THINK his theory is and HOW do you know he DIDN'T instruct,and FWIW I observed a lot of what I'm talking about when you weren't a gleam in your daddy's eye,if ya wren't there ya don't know.
BYW you DO know those first two sentences contradict one another don't you?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Mental illness comes in all different sizes and flavors. It is sometimes called, as it should be, mental illness. Then sometimes is it called emotional issues. But it all comes down to mental illness. My wife and I had over 40 foster kids in our home, and we have seen it run from A D D to bi-polar to criminal behavior.

Our last foster son, several years after he left our home, shot two young kids to death because they wouldn't share their drugs. Obviously, he had mental illness that went untreated far to long. He is now in prison for the rest of his life, because social services ignored our pleas for help due to their " extreme workload."

Sorry for venting.....

This board is for venting. We're Rams fans after all! :D I applaud the work that you do with the foster children. (y) They are so much better off, through experiencing a taste of stability and a loving home, than they would have been otherwise. You were never going to save that last kid. Somethings are not up to us.

But the real question is; do you have room for Incognito?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This board is for venting. We're Rams fans after all! :D I applaud the work that you do with the foster children. (y) They are so much better off, through experiencing a taste of stability and a loving home, than they would have been otherwise. You were never going to save that last kid. Somethings are not up to us.

But the real question is; do you have room for Incognito?
Are you comparing Incognito to a severely mentally ill child? Seriously? REALLY?!

How dare you, sir?!

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE SEVERELY MENTALLY ILL CHILD LIKE THAT?! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Are you comparing Incognito to a severely mentally ill child? Seriously? REALLY?!

How dare you, sir?!

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE SEVERELY MENTALLY ILL CHILD LIKE THAT?! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

rolling on the floor laughing my a** off.... :ROFLMAO:

well done!

bluecoconuts

Legend
SO WTF do you THINK his theory is and HOW do you know he DIDN'T instruct,and FWIW I observed a lot of what I'm talking about when you weren't a gleam in your daddy's eye,if ya wren't there ya don't know.
BYW you DO know those first two sentences contradict one another don't you?

So you had Drills who were threatening to rape your sister? Because I've never heard of that, and I've talked to a lot of guys who were around in WWII and Vietnam and since about their training. Drills used to hit soldiers and say racist things to them when they messed up, but there were always limits, the idea was to train, and when they messed up they knew it. So no, I didn't contradict myself, the military figured out pretty quickly that beating your soldiers and yelling racial slurs at them was a piss poor method to "train" them and promptly told them to knock it off. Which they did. So when I was doing my training, including training to get me into the Ranger Regiment, and the school of all schools, Ranger School, there were plenty of yelling, and physical punishment, but certainly there wasn't anyone saying they were going to rape my sister. In fact nobody ever said anything about families, probably because they knew that outdated style lead to shitty soldiers and shitty leaders. So next time you think I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, fucking check yourself.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Have any of you guys heard the interview he gave outside of his house?

If you can find it listen to it. He is totally out of touch with anything you or I would call reality. That's going to be a little hurdle to overcome when his agent is contacting teams for a contract.

Someone smart like X or PHX should post it........WOW.......