Incognito Checks Self Into Mental Hospital

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
With the pressures he has .... I would crack too.

I feel for him. The media is blowing this whole issue up. He was tying to toughen Martin and he has ended up the victim.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Maybe he's just not mentally tough enough to deal with it. Maybe he should toughen up and learn to deal with it. He's just playing the victim card to avoid responsibility. How can he be trusted in a pressure situation like a playoff game where he might crack and break down.

Sound familiar? I couldn't resist the irony in of all this.

Oddly enough he has been out of the news for a few weeks now, the pressure was decreasing until he went off on his car with a bat.

What an effing jerkoff, but he'll get some sympathy from some people who aren't able to connect the dots.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
People who abused steroids tend to be volatile and out of control at times. I'm not saying he did or is but he has a lot of the tell tale signs.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think you are the one not connecting dots. At what point of Incognitos NFL career did he ever come across as mentally well? Incognito has needed help for years. Maybe this scandal is what finally gets Him that help.

I worked with a wide range of troubled teens. I had two guys at different times that were similar in behavior to Richie. They were Bullies. I hated them. They were jerks. One got himself fired early on. Then, I thought to myself that I didn't help the guy by allowing it to go that way. The second guy got to a point were he threatened to fight me on the job. I took off my uniform and told him to bring it. He wouldn't do it and had a new found respect for me. He started to open up a bit. Two weeks later he was alone in the work truck with me and broke down sobbing. He kept saying, "Why did my Dad do it?, How could he do it? I was only five.". Turned out that his Dad used to beat him up real bad when he was very young. His Dad finally left and the guy never got over it. he has been taking it out on he world for years. He needed psychiatric help and never got it.
Is this what happened to Incognito? Who knows? But my point is just that. I don't judge people by what's on the surface after my dealings with Matt. Usually when someone is as unstable as Richie there is something behind the scenes that caused it. Sure he is a grown man but that doesn't mean he is mentally healthy enough to deal with his problems in an acceptable manor.

BTW, Have you read Tyson Clabos recent comments about Martin? The whole locker room was blindsided by Martin leaving the team. Until then they all thought it was in good fun with both sides giving and taking.

iced

I think you are the one not connecting dots. At what point of Incognitos NFL career did he ever come across as mentally well? Incognito has needed help for years. Maybe this scandal is what finally gets Him that help.

I worked with a wide range of troubled teens. I had two guys at different times that were similar in behavior to Richie. They were Bullies. I hated them. They were jerks. One got himself fired early on. Then, I thought to myself that I didn't help the guy by allowing it to go that way. The second guy got to a point were he threatened to fight me on the job. I took off my uniform and told him to bring it. He wouldn't do it and had a new found respect for me. He started to open up a bit. Two weeks later he was alone in the work truck with me and broke down sobbing. He kept saying, "Why did my Dad do it?, How could he do it? I was only five.". Turned out that his Dad used to beat him up real bad when he was very young. His Dad finally left and the guy never got over it. he has been taking it out on he world for years. He needed psychiatric help and never got it.
Is this what happened to Incognito? Who knows? But my point is just that. I don't judge people by what's on the surface after my dealings with Matt. Usually when someone is as unstable as Richie there is something behind the scenes that caused it. Sure he is a grown man but that doesn't mean he is mentally healthy enough to deal with his problems in an acceptable manor.

props to you on your level of maturity. Must be people don't understand when someone appears "off" or different in an unnormal way there is often somethin' mental in there, usually from like you pointed out - childhood.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel for him. The media is blowing this whole issue up. He was tying to toughen Martin and he has ended up the victim.

Trying to toughen up Martin? Come on now.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Who knew Richie was unstable? WHO KNEW ?
This visit is long overdue ,hope he comes out a healed man ready to politely rip peoples heads off in the interesty of vicarious entertainment

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Good lord...
Could we be a little less condescending towards conflicting opinion,RI's methods were not unlike the methods of old time drill instructors, whose job was to..........toughen people up among other things.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Could we be a little less condescending towards conflicting opinion,RI's methods were not unlike the methods of old time drill instructors, whose job was to..........toughen people up among other things.
Jeeze Thor...he's making a claim (that you are defending) about ancient theories of "toughening people up" and we're getting sensitive about a mildly condescending response?

o_O

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think in todays day and age, using bullying to toughen someone up should be as accepted as gay people can change their mind on their orientation.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

BTW, Have you read Tyson Clabos recent comments about Martin? The whole locker room was blindsided by Martin leaving the team. Until then they all thought it was in good fun with both sides giving and taking.

He's been a prick and a creep and a completely entitled jerkoff since college. Now we can say he wasn't mentally right although that is a leap because he's never had mental issues, he's just been a jerk. I'm sure you have heard about the golf course incident with the young lady.

See what happened is he just discovered that enough harsh treatment can make a person cave in. He just learned, and I find it ironic as hell that he is saying essentially the same thing Martin did, that there is a point where "enough is enough", that he can't take the mental stress and pressure. This is irony at its finest and I feel ZERO sympathy for Incognito. In fact he is as unsympathetic a person as one could imagine.

I also think that there is a possibility he is doing this under guidance, probably from his agent, to show contrition so that people will feel like he has learned his lesson. I'll bet big coin that he issues a public apology to Martin and says he now understands what it's like to go through that kind of thing. After all this is the same guy that leaked fake text messages to try to make himself look like less of a DNA rifle when the sheet hit the fan to begin with.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He's been a prick and a creep and a completely entitled jerkoff since college. Now we can say he wasn't mentally right although that is a leap because he's never had mental issues, he's just been a jerk. I'm sure you have heard about the golf course incident with the young lady.

See what happened is he just discovered that enough harsh treatment can make a person cave in. He just learned, and I find it ironic as hell that he is saying essentially the same thing Martin did, that there is a point where "enough is enough", that he can't take the mental stress and pressure. This is irony at its finest and I feel ZERO sympathy for Incognito. In fact he is as unsympathetic a person as one could imagine.

I also think that there is a possibility he is doing this under guidance, probably from his agent, to show contrition so that people will feel like he has learned his lesson. I'll bet big coin that he issues a public apology to Martin and says he now understands what it's like to go through that kind of thing. After all this is the same guy that leaked fake text messages to try to make himself look like less of a DNA rifle when the sheet hit the fan to begin with.

I'm sure that there is something in Richies life that is leaving him unsatisfied that leads him to act the way he does. Maybe he is lacking self esteem since childhood...I empathize with him if that is the case. But that certainly doesn't excuse him from being the person he appears to be. I can sympathize with someone dealing with stress, anxiety, and depression...but that doesn't give someone the right to treat others poorly and disgustingly.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know if there is or isn't, but I do know that he has rarely had to suffer any real consequences for some crappy behavior up until this situation.

I'll be interested in reading any statements from him.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Incognito was told to toughen him up, according to reports. Did he overdo it? Of course...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I think in todays day and age, using bullying to toughen someone up should be as accepted as gay people can change their mind on their orientation.
Jeeze Thor...he's making a claim (that you are defending) about ancient theories of "toughening people up" and we're getting sensitive about a mildly condescending response?

o_O
And we KNOW THESE IS MODERN TIMES, the methods worked when used, we are FWIW a chickafied society now that rejects what made MUCH tougher generations ......tougher.
BTW if you offered you condescension to "toughen" instead of to deride ,I'd accept your chide ,but I don't think ya did.

I'm not defending Incognito per se , just pointing out that if you really KNOW what his motives were, you know more than anyone and it WAS reported RI had been charged with toughening the kid.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He's been in counseling before. He knows he has (serious mental health) problems. He needs to accept responsibility for himself. That is different than toughening up.

Martin obviously had problems too - with depression and/or severe social anxiety. You put the two together and it's no surprise the situation exploded. This was on the Miami Dolphins front office in my opinion.

How could they have not known who these guys were?