IMO Nick Scott is the sleeper in this draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I ask myself just how often do UDFA's or very late drafted safeties do well in sticking onto NFL teams & go on to have good careers to contribute to the team's success?

It's not that Abbynormal.:)

Snead finally let starting safety Lamarcus Joyner take his toolbox & his 5 seasons worth experience elsewhere in two months ago:yess:. In truth, this move was already on the way over a year ago when LJ made the decision to go take the Franchise Tag instead of looking to find a way to remain a Ram & play as one for a long period of time. I for one am very glad that the Rams team finally relieve:puke: themselves of this former Ram. IMO LJ was way overpriced & way overvalued by almost all of the analysts.

Snead selecting safeties Taylor Rapp & Nick Scott was :welcome: & looks like the perfect remedy to the vacancy of LJ on our roster. Rapp's rap is well earned & is a one-man running game killer. I wonder did the Rams have issues stopping the run last seasons:thinking:? I recall something about be last in run yards per attempt with a figure of 5.1 yds or something? oh well....I am sure I am wrong..............

Nick Scott is a much needed great speed deep safety in coverage type with serious Special teams chops. special teams ace. Nick Scott will help the blend of the safety cadre which would have been very heavy endowed with strong safety types with Christian- Rapp- JJ III & Steven Parker already here. A safety with Scott's skills is well needed.

Things could not have worked out better from my perspective.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'll eat serious crow if Scott becomes a starter. I don't think he'll be anything more than a fourth safety and key special teams player. It's not bad for a seventh, but as I've stated in the past - and won't bother to rehash my feelings - I wanted more.
As your be said, that is solid value in the 7th round.
Some guys can turn great ST play and solid depth skill set into 10 year careers.