IJN Yamato.....greatest battleship ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The first USS Iowa (BB-4)
xA74Fm0.jpg

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
The USA had an immense industrial engine, which was geared to war production. That was the awakened Giant that Admiral Yamato spoke of after Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor focused the American people toward war, when before we were still mostly isolationist. They kicked the hornet's nest...Besides, most of the aircraft carriers were not in port on Dec. 7, 1941
Sorry how old are you ? how much do or did study history ? All I can say is read history the U S beat the Japs,which was considered the greatest Navy Ever 18 months after Pearl Harbor.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry how old are you ? how much do or did study history ? All I can say is read history the U S beat the Japs,which was considered the greatest Navy Ever 18 months after Pearl Harbor.
I'm 56 yrs and am getting an MA in History in December

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm 56 yrs and am getting an MA in History in December
Want you to know, you are a good poster,I do not want ,don.t want anyone thinking I;m belitteing them..

But if and from what I see posted, you don;t understand Midway

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Want you to know, you are a good poster,I do not want ,don.t want anyone thinking I;m belitteing them..

I think I understand it pretty darn well. My saying that the Japanese awakened sleeping Giant, doesn't negate the fact that Japan had a strong Navy. But the facts are, that the USA could outproduce Japan. We had Oil, steel, and great factories that weren't being bombed at any point in WW2. Even if the USA had lost at Midway, it would have just delayed Japan's defeat by a year or two as we produced more carriers. Heck, our shipyards were producing a fully functional Liberty Ship in 24 hours.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was an impressive ship for sure one of the best ever. As was the man who commanded their fleet from it for the majority of the end of the war.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was an impressive ship for sure one of the best ever. As was the man who commanded their fleet from it for the majority of the end of the war.
Empire of Japan homer, Anjin san

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not what you heard ... because you never heard US!!!

:ROFLMAO:
We had the most advanced towed sonar array in 1988. You guys were loud as a rattling tin can! And our ASROCS were able and ready....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We had the most advanced towed sonar array in 1988. You guys were loud as a rattling tin can!

You are probably thinking of Soviet Type I nuke boats, which were described to me by an ACINT rider who went to sea with us on one mission as sounding like, and I quote, "two skeletons fucking in a shitcan."

Now those 688 bad boys like I rode? You're more likely to hear a fart in a hurricane ;)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Thank you. I still have a mountain to climb with written and oral testing by three professors..F*CK ME!

Well, if you are doing this at age 56, I figure it's not for a job and just a labor of love ... so wallow in it and have fun!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are probably thinking of Soviet Type I nuke boats, which were described to me by an ACINT rider who went to sea with us on one mission as sounding like, and I quote, "two skeletons fucking in a shitcan."

Now those 688 bad boys like I rode? You're more likely to hear a fart in a hurricane ;)
That's what nuclear tipped ASCROCS were for....Don't have to be that precise when one will vaporize a square mile of water...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Me: You know what you call a submarine of any type near a Spruance Class Destroyer?

thirteen28: You better not...

Me: You guessed it. TARGETS!

thrirteen28: You SONOFA!!!

sIXdx4W.gif

@thirteen28

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

Well I 100% understand the significance of Midway, no question I’m my mind that was the USN’s finest hour.

Codebreakers were huge, and at the end of the day we were a little lucky, the sacrifice of VT8 and VT6 not to forget the Yorktowns TBDs were nothing short of legendary

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well I 100% understand the significance of Midway, no question I’m my mind that was the USN’s finest hour.

Codebreakers were huge, and at the end of the day we were a little lucky, the sacrifice of VT8 and VT6 not to forget the Yorktowns TBDs were nothing short of legendary
Japan at the time supposedly had the Greatest Ships/Navy ever and us, just 18 months after Pearl harbor, with more than half our ships wiped out ,Boyay Japan.

And you're 100 percent right, what an Awesome legendary Collective working together by our Soldiers.

I'm ready to start yelling USA USA lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's true is that the Battleship was the premiere capital ships prior to World War Two, and were surest career path for a line officer to have been the captain of one. Yet, it was changing. Aircraft carriers would soon change that narrative when the USS Arizona and the USS Oklahoma were left at the bottom of Pearl Harbor after Dec. 7, 1941.

The reason why the US Navy was not crippled after the attack was that the three carriers assigned to Pearl Harbor were busy on Dec. 7.
(CV-2) USS Lexington was located 500 miles south of Midway Island.
(CV-6) USS Enterprise had recently set course for Pearl Harbor from Wake Island and was 215 miles from Oahu.
(CV-3) USS Saratoga had recently undergone overhaul and was moored at North Island in San Diego.
(CV-8) USS Hornet had yet to finish her shake down cruise by Dec. 7, 1941

Lexington and Enterprise each had a complement of ships that composed Task Force 12 and 8, respectively. Two of the three Pearl based carriers were battle ready, and it was a major fail by the Japanese to be unable knock them out as they expected to do. The Battleships were good secondary targets after the carriers. Only three ships sunk and were damaged beyond all repair from Pearl Harbor: Utah, Arizona and Oklahoma. The rest would return to service to fight in the war.

Yes, aside from the code breaking and knowing Yamato's battle plans and the US Navy's advanced warning through radar equipment, Japan had the superior Navy before Midway. It was a pivotal victory in the Pacific war.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I think I understand it pretty darn well. My saying that the Japanese awakened sleeping Giant, doesn't negate the fact that Japan had a strong Navy. But the facts are, that the USA could outproduce Japan. We had Oil, steel, and great factories that weren't being bombed at any point in WW2. Even if the USA had lost at Midway, it would have just delayed Japan's defeat by a year or two as we produced more carriers. Heck, our shipyards were producing a fully functional Liberty Ship in 24 hours.
I posted Japan had the Greatest Navy ever but imho no 1 who is a Real American gives a F<><k about a Jap ship.

Like I posted 18 months after Pearl Harbor we, you can say oil great facts etc etc, I say Heart and our guys from WW2 are hero.s and from Midway they are off the charts.

Fu<>k Jap ships.