IJN Yamato.....greatest battleship ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
U.S.S. Missouri: You're all my bitches!

1597619833667.png

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
WW2 Battlewagons are my passion in history

Yamato and Mushasi definitely had firepower and armor in their favor

however, this pesky detail covering radar controlled fire direction would have rendered them a US BB half their size a sitting duck

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WW2 Battlewagons are my passion in history

Yamato and Mushasi definitely had firepower and armor in their favor

however, this pesky detail covering radar controlled fire direction would have rendered them a US BB half their size a sitting duck
I think you forgot somebody ~ Cream Filled Donut
WTgabNO.png

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think you forgot somebody ~ Cream Filled Donut
WTgabNO.png
Looks like a Colorado class

Late war Wevo would have engaged Yamato long before she knew whom was lurking about

just the facts

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
pfffft ....

1597629708812.png

Remember, y'all, there are only two types of ships:

1. Submarines
2. Targets

P.S. The most decorated ship in U.S. Navy history was a submarine, the USS Parche (SSN 683) ... you can look it up :)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
pfffft ....

View attachment 38317

Remember, y'all, there are only two types of ships:

1. Submarines
2. Targets

P.S. The most decorated ship in U.S. Navy history was a submarine, the USS Parche (SSN 683) ... you can look it up :)

Now I would have guessed cv6, uss enterprise

very impressive my man, tho if I may say, she’s (uss parche) is a little missing on the Battle Stars list, tho the unit citations are off the charts

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Sent on suicide mission was no match for 400 aircraft. Greatest naval loss of life....ever. Was nearly twice the size of US battleships and it's guns were unmatched then or since. Born of secrecy this film clip has excellent photos.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48XuUHVXFLk

At first I thought this was going to be about Japan’s super carrier that was only scene twice during WWII. I’ve been watching too many Dark Docs videos lately.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude wanna post about something GREAT, how the hell did the US defeat the Japs at Midway 18 months later after Pearl Harbor....
The USA had an immense industrial engine, which was geared to war production. That was the awakened Giant that Admiral Yamato spoke of after Pearl Harbor. Pearl Harbor focused the American people toward war, when before we were still mostly isolationist. They kicked the hornet's nest...Besides, most of the aircraft carriers were not in port on Dec. 7, 1941