Iggle injuries piling up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
There is no team on their schedule that the Ram's can't beat. As long as they don't beat themselves they should win. I think what this shows is that the players in Philly didn't take care of themselves and their conditioning wasn't what it should be. With all this remote coaching I think those players slacked off.

That is what is so great about the culture with the Rams. They all push each other to be better. Slackers don't make this team. This team did not look like a team that wasn't prepared, mentally, physically, and coached. The difference in the offense this season is they attacked the defensive front and that is where that game was won. People have consistently, even on this board, underrated the talent on this o-line. Boom, Corbett, and even old Whit got after the Boys from the first snap. Their pass protection and run blocking although they could have been better was good enough and they will only improve as they play. The Rams realized that their o-line protection was holding up so they quit the rollouts and Jared was throwing from the pocket. A sack and a hit were breakdowns that can be fixed. But Goff was under far less pressure than Dax, (thanks in large part to AD the wrecking ball).

What I didn't like was Staley's zone defense. His LBs were dropping so far back that everything underneath was wide open and largely uncontested. There is no way he can continue to play that way, giving up easy completions. If he had forced Dax to hold the ball even a second longer by having tight coverage (zone or man) underneath, the Ram sack total would have been a whole lot bigger. His philosophy is apparently to allow short competitions but limit the YAC. I'm sorry but I don't believe in continually giving them 3rd and shorts. Bend but not break eventually will break. Under Wade he had Ebukam taking away the flats, but Staley leaves them wide open.

Yeah, it's obvious, I'm lukewarm at best with Staley's defense. His d-line attacks but the rest simply sit back on their heels. Sorry, not a fan of this scheme unless he gets more aggressive. Also, this team is horribly soft against the run in the middle again. That needs to be fixed this week.

There is no team on their schedule that the Ram's can't beat.

Unfortunately 99.9% of football prognosticators disagree....that is outside of the old saw: "On Any Given Sunday"

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm with the posters here that voice caution. Never underestimate the collective effort of a wounded team, it's how upsets happen every year.

Celebrating another team's injuries seems like bad karma to me. How many years did we suffer OLine injuries that wrecked our seasons? Answer, most of this century.

The fact we dominated the depleted Cowboys but nearly lost the game better be our collective mantra or next week I won't want to read anything about our team (even though I can't help myself and will anyway).
Celebrating another team's injuries seems like bad karma to me.

Absolutely agree. I suspect that most on that list will play.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Thankfully, McVay isn't the kind of coach to let his players let up on a wounded team.

if anything, he's gonna work them that much harder to focus on execution.

Ram65

Legend
I heard Pederson's morning presser....

Nate Herbig would remain the starting right guard for the home opener Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams. That means Peters stays at LT and Lane Johnson is back at his RT spot. Earlier I wrote that Peters wmight go to RG and Johnson to LT.

Eagles players may be banged up or not in top game shape which helps the Rams. Hargrave and Jefferies seem to be the only players that are out. I guess Hargrave may play but, I think they wait another week.

Rams vs. Eagles Injury Report
Sep 17, 2020 at 05:07 PM
poses for a portrait at the NovaCare Complex on April 25, 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Drew Hallowell/Philadelphia Eagles)

Chris McPherson

Derek Barnett, Lane Johnson, and Miles Sanders remain on track to make their season debuts Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams.
Barnett and Sanders, who were both sidelined with hamstring injuries for the opener in Washington, were full participants in Thursday's practice. Johnson (ankle) was limited, but told reporters following practice that it was planned to hold him back a bit.
In fact, only one player – wide receiver Alshon Jeffery – did not participate in practice. Jeffery continues to rehab a foot injury.
Defensive end Brandon Graham (concussion) and defensive tackle Javon Hargrave (hamstring, pectoral) were both limited on Thursday. Graham did not practice at all on Wednesday.

Tackle Jason Peters (knee) was a full participant after being limited on Wednesday. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and wide receiver DeSean Jackson were full participants after getting the day off.

View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1306693396342484993/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306693396342484993%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.philadelphiaeagles.com%2Fnews%2Frams-vs-eagles-injury-report

Wednesday's Injury Report
Looking to rebound from the season opener, the Eagles got good news on the injury front as defensive end Derek Barnett (hamstring), tackle Lane Johnson (ankle), and running back Miles Sanders (hamstring) were all full participants on Wednesday. The three starters did not play in Sunday's game. Barnett and Sanders did not travel, while Johnson was a game-time decision.

Head Coach Doug Pederson said on Wednesday that was "optimistic" that Johnson would be available to make his season debut against the Rams. Jack Driscoll started against Washington at right tackle.

Pederson added on Wednesday that he was not putting a timetable on defensive tackle Javon Hargrave's ability to play, but the big-ticket free agent acquisition was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice. Hargrave has been sidelined with hamstring and pectoral injuries.

Four players did not practice for the Eagles on Wednesday. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and wide receiver DeSean Jackson were each given the day off. Defensive end Brandon Graham is in the concussion protocol. Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery continues to work his way back from a foot injury. Tackle Jason Peters was also on the injury report as a limited participant with a knee injury.

For the Rams, tight end Gerald Everett missed practice due to a back injury, while tackle Andrew Whitworth did not practice for non-injury reasons.

View: https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1306324361104822273/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1306324361104822273%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.philadelphiaeagles.com%2Fnews%2Frams-vs-eagles-injury-report

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
worry about the Bills back to back road games. New rules state we can NOT stay on the east coast after Philly game
Yeah I think our defense can swarm them. This eagles game has me more worried.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Lane Johnson, Miles Sanders, and Derrek Barnett were all out last week and will be playing against us. That's 3 high level starters for them. This will be a much tougher game than Dallas and we need to be ready. We will need to play a lot better offensively if we wanna pull this one out. Starting 2-0 and beating the top two NFC east teams would be huge.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yeah I think our defense can swarm them. This eagles game has me more worried.
The teams I wanted to beat the most this year, in order:
Patriots
49ers
Cowboys
Eagles
Bucs

Im not super confident going into this game. But let’s hope we can take care of business.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
The teams I wanted to beat the most this year, in order:
Patriots
49ers
Cowboys
Eagles
Bucs

Im not super confident going into this game. But let’s hope we can take care of business.
Let us beat the NFC West and worry about the rest.Jmho

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
worry about the Bills back to back road games. New rules state we can NOT stay on the east coast after Philly game
According to McVay it was his own decision. Said that with virus restrictions in place while traveling and in hotels he decided it was better to let the team go home between games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the first half:

Most of Washington’s pass rush success came on the blitz and they had a lot of outside pressure on Wentz. They blitzed a lot. Washington was tackling soundly too.

The Eagles looked good in the first half. Wentz was accurate and their run game was working well. Wentz had a beautiful 55 yard bomb to Jaylen Reagor. Their offense looked crisp. Then Wentz threw his first Int and his accuracy suddenly dropped off.

Malik Jackson and Fletcher were giving the Oline problems. I worry a bit about Noteboom and Blythe in this game. They will likely struggle with those two. Washington had more success attacking the edges of that defense but in the first half kept attacking between the tackles. Haskins was very inaccurate for nearly the entire first half. Late in the second it was like he flipped a switch.

overall Wentz had time and was able to tak
Yeah I watched their game vs Wash last night and was surprised how one-sided the early part of the game was. The Eagles pretty much had things under control in the first half.

Malik Jackson was a beast. Cox didn't look like his normal self, in fact he looked heavier to me like he put on weight and it's hurting his movement. But that DL is more than capable of blowing up some shit if our OL isn't on their game. Also Schwartz is really good schematically in his fronts of isolating matchups, so I expect he'll load up some pre-snap A gap looks to get a look at Boom & Blythe.

Wentz is a different dude when he's got a run game. Like a lot of QBs. But he's definitely a big threat with that arm and while he's streaky if you get the "on" Wentz you're in trouble.

Their LT Peters is a fatass. He can be had. Not sure whether we can take advantage though with our blindside options, we'll see.

I think this is going to be a tough game but the Rams need to get the W because that game in Buffalo is probably gonna suck.