If there is ever going to be a true home field advantage at SoFi…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Stereotypical Cowboys fan? You're basing this on what? Bro, I'm not trying to be a dick, but you literally know nothing about me other than a single message board post. Ask around; I'm not a stereotypical Cowboys fan. Clearly, I'm welcomed around here, and have been since 2014, but if my presence bothers you, I'll take another year off. It's all good.
welcome amigo, stick around
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here in Arizona, i remember when the Cardinals moved here in '88 and played at Sun Devil stadium. I went to several games. Cards fans were outnumbered in many games i attended for years...and 50/50 at most. I cheered for the Cards as well as the Rams until the divisional realignment in '02 then it was fuck the Cards.

Cowboys fans, Philly fans, Giants fans, Bears fans, Steelers fans were everywhere like a...like a virus
iu

Even my first Rams game in '96 (10 years after the Cards had arrived) had Rams fans(like me) invading...but I LIVE HERE as do so many other invading fans did. They don't travel so much as they lived here, moved here from back East or wherever. California is the same, although not to the extreme of Arizona in terms of transplants.

It didn't change until Bidwell got his own stadium built and the Cards found some blips on the radar of winning. Today, the fanbase is well established i'd say. Going to games in their beautiful sardine can stadium is a home field advantage now.

As for the Rams, it will come and much faster than it did for the Cards in AZ. The Rams have history in LA, but more important, they are winning consistently and they have their own place.

Having said that, there will ALWAYS be a good chunk of visiting teams fans there in SoFi. That's just demographics. People don't migrate East. Little Johnny the Rams fan doesn't grow up in LA and retire to Philadelphia and invade Lincoln Financial Field as a middle aged man with family in tow.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Bruce Arians said they had trouble handling the noise a couple times

not sure what percentage the fan base was , but it must have got pretty loud in there

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bruce Arians said they had trouble handling the noise a couple times

not sure what percentage the fan base was , but it must have got pretty loud in there
Seemed that way on TV. I think there were at least two Bucs' false starts that were crowd-aided.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Haven't been there (apart from an occasional pop-in to say "hello") in years. I'm a regular and Mod on another site, and closing in on 1,000 posts here.
I used to be on Clan Ram but moved on years ago. What other site are Moderating for these days/

~ArkyRamsFan~

TexasRam

Legend
I wonder if anyone that was actually there can tell us how the crowd noise was.

Rich Eisen was going on this week that it was the loudest stadium he ever heard.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Rich Eisen was going on this week that it was the loudest stadium he ever heard.

Rich just asked if you'll repeat that, ... his ears are still ringing right now.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I was at the Preseason game with the Chargers.

Yes. That stadium is VERY loud. It rocks.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's adorable you're mad that I'm here when nobody else has a problem with it. I'm not a troll.
Hmmmm... Beg to differ. You got into this thread by doing exactly that - trolling. You know you are welcome here but if you think trolling is the way to contribute, you need to reconsider.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RamsFansUnited.
I went there when it first started, but some twisted "fan" there really pizzed me off. She actually attacked me on a Seahawks forum for defending the Rams. Her name was Red-something or other. I believe she was banned here.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think it's safe to say after two games there we have a competitive advantage at home thanks to the crowd noise. The more we win the louder the fans will get.

We need to have playoff games in that stadium this year for that extra juice, defence was feeling it for sure.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
lol. Yeah, why do the chargers even exist? I went to a game in SD, and of course it was majority Cowboys fans, but they acted like most people in SD are fans of other teams. Also, that stadium was literally the worst stadium I've ever been to.
I honestly think they should have got rid of the Chargers (even if it meant merging them with the Rams) and opening up room for an expansion team.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I honestly think they should have got rid of the Chargers (even if it meant merging them with the Rams) and opening up room for an expansion team.
The Chargers are about to make everyone take them very seriously. They will have a better year than the Cowboys.