If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm beginning to think we don't have a plan.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This is the part people aren't talking about enough. The effect it has on AD. With Von on the roster maybe AD plays for another 4-5 years. Now maybe its 1 more..maybe 2.. who knows. And once AD goes you know McVay is shortly behind. Pretty catastrophic
I think McVay will ride with Stafford and Kupp.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I have confidence that if Von Miller is too rich for our blood (CAP) then Donald can make another quality Edge Rusher look very good as well. We might get 2 or 3 excellent free agents for whatever Von gets.
There's a long list of quality Edge Rushers still available, don't panic.
A Long list? I'm not sure I agree with that, especially when you consider the Rams are not likely to sign an outright FA to screw their comp formula. The best remaining Edges (according to PFF list):
Clowney
Ingram - rotational now
Houston
Hughes - Maybe too old
Barnett - not great IMO
JPP
Key
Fowler - IMO, not very good as he showed in ATL

At any rate, none of these guys are results of cuts except Fowler (that I'm aware of) and all of them are huge steps back from Von. We really should have offered 10-12/m to Z.Smith and called it a day.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A Long list? I'm not sure I agree with that, especially when you consider the Rams are not likely to sign an outright FA to screw their comp formula. The best remaining Edges (according to PFF list):
Clowney
Ingram - rotational now
Houston
Hughes - Maybe too old
Barnett - not great IMO
JPP
Key

At any rate, none of these guys are results of cuts except Fowler (that I'm aware of) and all of them are huge steps back from Von. We really should have offered 10-12/m to Z.Smith and called it a day.

My opinion is that we say 'fuck' the comp formula once in awhile, especially for a team looking to repeat at the Super Bowl.

My last posted mock took into account our losing Von Miller, the following becomes my new free agency acquisitions :

2022 Free Agency acquisitions :

ILB - Bobby Wagner
Edge - Arden Key
TE - Austin Hooper
CB - Rosul Douglas

edit out TE OJ Howard

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I say go after Justin Houston or Melvin Ingram for edge (cheaper) and add Wagner or a top CB like Gilmore or Bradbury thru trade.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
My opinion is that we say 'fuck' the comp formula once in awhile, especially for a team looking to repeat at the Super Bowl.

My last posted mock took into account our losing Von Miller, the following became my free agency acquisitions :

ILB - Bobby Wagner
Edge - Arden Key
TE - O.J. Howard
CB - Rosul Douglas
I think Howard signed with the Bills.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think Howard signed with the Bills.

Crap ... it's back to the drawing board then.

erase tv land GIF by nobodies.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Clowney
Ingram - rotational now
Houston
Hughes - Maybe too old
Barnett - not great IMO
JPP
Key

Make Melvin Ingram & Terrell Lewis a rotational pair so they save the wear & tear for both. Maybe a 60/40 split turns that side into a very effective position.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wagner, Fowler and Hooper for the same $20M please.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I have confidence that if Von Miller is too rich for our blood (CAP) then Donald can make another quality Edge Rusher look very good as well. We might get 2 or 3 excellent free agents for whatever Von gets.
There's a long list of quality Edge Rushers still available, don't panic.

It's in my nature just that....if you could take that money add a bit more and balance the team out with adding

Wagner
Gilmore
Fowler

Then the back end can help the front end and vice versa where as before it was the front end helping the back end more. That's my only positive spin I'm annoyed more worried about AD but interesting off-season will continue.

dang

Legend
Wagner, Fowler and Hooper for the same $20M please.
Exactly. I believe the Rams were ready to pay Miller $17-18m but just for 1-2 years. Knowing Snead that money in hand is itching to be spent. Let’s get 2-3 players. We need CB, S, ED, TE, OG.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This is the part people aren't talking about enough. The effect it has on AD. With Von on the roster maybe AD plays for another 4-5 years. Now maybe its 1 more..maybe 2.. who knows. And once AD goes you know McVay is shortly behind. Pretty catastrophic

Yea exactly maybe I wasn't saying it as clear as that. Thanks bro. I know it's dramatic and we have sat here over the last 5 year we have let true blue Rams walk and we always rally. This has a different effect for the exact way you worded it. That's why I feel shitty and angry. If it was maybe 3 years ago id he like wow sucks but I wouldn't of paid him that however this could have a huge ripple effect.

And apparently mcvay was talking to him all day tugging on his heart strings and it was a big no. I think mcvay new the importance not so much just for von but for AD

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I've said this a few times in other threads, but do not be surprised if the Rams wait until mid-season to address their needs and acquire big-name players, once the roster's weaknesses more fully crystallise. It seems to be Snead's way. Miller, OBJ, Peters, Fowler, Ramsey... all in-season acquisitions. The roster as it is now will look much different come February. The NFC seems to be falling apart as the AFC beefs up. We likely make the playoffs without too much trouble. Waiting it out, and avoiding the free agency bidding wars, might not be a bad ideal. Especially as our d-line is still very strong, although it is no longer the absolute game-changer it was with Miller on it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

My last posted mock took into account our losing Von Miller, the following became my free agency acquisitions :

ILB - Bobby Wagner
Edge - Arden Key
TE - O.J. Howard
CB - Rosul Douglas

Howard's gone to bills signed him with Miller lol

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I've said this a few times in other threads, but do not be surprised if the Rams wait until mid-season to address their needs and acquire big-name players, once the roster's weaknesses more fully crystallise. It seems to be Snead's way. Miller, OBJ, Peters, Fowler, Ramsey... all in-season acquisitions. The roster as it is now will look much different come February. The NFC seems to be falling apart as the AFC beefs up. We likely make the playoffs without too much trouble. Waiting it out, and avoiding the free agency bidding wars, might not be a bad ideal. Especially as our d-line is still very strong, although it is no longer the absolute game-changer it was with Miller on it.
I will say I watched that Rams video showing all the 22' sacks and Lewis was involved in a number of them early in the season. Not sure what happened...injury, coaches decision once Miller arrived, or what, but he still has a shot to help.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I will say I watched that Rams video showing all the 22' sacks and Lewis was involved in a number of them early in the season. Not sure what happened...injury, coaches decision once Miller arrived, or what, but he still has a shot to help.
It's simple... He can't stay healthy.