If Dexter Lawrence is Available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lawrence visiting Rams per Schefter. Now I definitely think he's the pick if he's there.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Lawrence visiting Rams per Schefter. Now I definitely think he's the pick if he's there.

Naw he and Ferrell both visited, along with a couple others. Don’t bet on it just yet, it’s smokescreen season.

(Hoping it’s Simmons with our pick!)

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I'm just happy they signed Matthews, who I expect to get a good amount of time at ILB. I doubt they draft a stud for ILB - at least not unless he just drops in their lap. If he does, even then they won't run to the podium - they'll be having a fierce debate about it, most likely, while the phone was ringing off the hook with trade offers.
Honestly, if Bush is there then I would run to the podium to draft him. I would just keep Matthews on the outside. Even at his age he is still an upgrade at Edge. Plus, Fowler will be on the roster all year. Bush is a stud.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think a lot of players that are really good will be there when we pick, so I actually like a trade down, this is a deep draft.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, if Bush is there then I would run to the podium to draft him. I would just keep Matthews on the outside. Even at his age he is still an upgrade at Edge. Plus, Fowler will be on the roster all year. Bush is a stud.

Oh, I agree - I don't think Wade would agree. Given limited resources, Wade tends to not spend resources on a premium ILB. He seems to prefer using those resources almost everywhere else on the defense. If it's at all close, I think pretty much everywhere else is how the Rams would go on defense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a lot of players that are really good will be there when we pick, so I actually like a trade down, this is a deep draft.

Yeah, unless there is a clear cut future star in the Rams' system sitting there, they trade down - well, assuming there is a slight trade down at least. I doubt they go down 20 spots, but 6-7 spots? Yes.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Oh, I agree - I don't think Wade would agree. Given limited resources, Wade tends to not spend resources on a premium ILB. He seems to prefer using those resources almost everywhere else on the defense. If it's at all close, I think pretty much everywhere else is how the Rams would go on defense.
Yeah I agree that Wade wouldn’t put that type of value on him. I would love to see Littleton and Bush manning the middle of the field.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
There are a few players I want the Rams to stick at their pick to draft. Otherwise, I am all for a trade down. The Raiders would be a good choice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a few players I want the Rams to stick at their pick to draft. Otherwise, I am all for a trade down. The Raiders would be a good choice.
Don’t the Raiders already have 3 1st round picks?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, but I can see them making that trade. It’s not very often teams have an opportunity to grab 4 top 30 players in a draft.
They have 4 picks in the top 35, and no 3rd rounder. Can’t see why they would trade capital to move 4 spots

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not sure why the Bears gave up what they did to move up one spot for Trubisky but it happened.
And apples and oranges are two different things.
Makes no sense that they would trade up for their 4th 1st rounder of the day.
It made total sense why Chicago traded up, to land their franchise qb.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
And apples and oranges are two different things.
Makes no sense that they would trade up for their 4th 1st rounder of the day.
It made total sense why Chicago traded up, to land their franchise qb.
Despite the fact the Bears were going for a QB doesn’t change that it was a confusing move. The Bears were most likely bidding against themselves for Trubisky. Many people believed it was an unnecessary trade, but to you the trade made total sense. Fair enough.

I’ve seen some other members mention the very trade I’m proposing. Is it an interesting concept? Sure. That doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen. Teams make trades for a variety of reasons that might not make sense to you or I. Regardless of the Bears getting a QB they valued, I feel pretty positive they could have stayed put and still drafted Trubisky while keeping all of the picks they traded away. I live in Chicago and heard many Bears fans that felt the same way, but the trade still happened.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Despite the fact the Bears were going for a QB doesn’t change that it was a confusing move. The Bears were most likely bidding against themselves for Trubisky. Many people believed it was an unnecessary trade, but to you the trade made total sense. Fair enough.

I’ve seen some other members mention the very trade I’m proposing. Is it an interesting concept? Sure. That doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t happen. Teams make trades for a variety of reasons that might not make sense to you or I. Regardless of the Bears getting a QB they valued, I feel pretty positive they could have stayed put and still drafted Trubisky while keeping all of the picks they traded away. I live in Chicago and heard many Bears fans that felt the same way, but the trade still happened.

Yeah, the Bears were probably suckered. They also got the player they wanted, who was worth the extra draft capital. Better for them to be suckered and get the guy they wanted, than stand firm, be wrong, and lose the QB they wanted. They were played, but it still worked out.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Yeah, the Bears were probably suckered. They also got the player they wanted, who was worth the extra draft capital. Better for them to be suckered and get the guy they wanted, than stand firm, be wrong, and lose the QB they wanted. They were played, but it still worked out.
I agree that the most important part is the team getting who they want. That’s kind of my point though. It’s all about how a team values someone, not what makes the most sense.

The Raiders could have 2 players they really want when they pick 27th, choose one of those guys thinking the player they didn’t choose will definitely be gone in a few picks. The Raiders get a call from the Rams regarding the 31st pick, and now Gruden can get the other player he really wanted at pick 27.

Maybe getting that other player at 31 because of a trade up is more important to the Raiders than getting a different player with the 35th pick and a 4th round selection.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Have read the scouting reports on Lawrence, as he seems to be the popular choice to be drafted at 31. Seems he is a 2 down player, do the Rams want to use a 1st round pick on a 2 down player?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have read the scouting reports on Lawrence, as he seems to be the popular choice to be drafted at 31. Seems he is a 2 down player, do the Rams want to use a 1st round pick on a 2 down player?

He has the potential to be much more than a two-down player, but I'm not head over heels on him because he's so inconsistent from snap to snap. If he lives up to his potential, he's a top 5 DT in the NFL, but he's had great coaching at Clemson and hasn't develop the way he should have. I've got my concerns about that. On the other hand, I think Jachai Polite and Jeffery Simmons are more likely to become impact players (although, both also come with their own risks).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay, I'll list guys who could possibly be there:
Jeff Simmons DT Mississippi State
Devin Bush ILB Michigan
Jachai Polite OLB Florida
Nasir Adderley FS Delaware

There are some others whom I am still pondering because it's a closer call (Chauncey Gardner, Taylor Rapp, the OL guys (ex. Bradbury), and a couple CBs).

I'm going to add Dalton Risner to this list. I'm a big, big fan.