I *might* be passin through STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Headed to a wedding up north and my dad said we can stay in STL overnight (he knows I'm a big Rams fan) if I really want to.

He heard about the zoo, is it good and I heard it's free? True?

Does the Ed have a pro shop? I kinda want to buy some gear. By that I mean a t-shirt haha. Oh and does it cost to park in the garage or is it better to park near the Arch and walk on over (if that's even possible lol). And does it cost anything to take a gander at the field? I hope camp is started by then so I can see that and give up the pro shop thing.

We probably will stay in a motel outside of STL and drive everywhere.

Last time I went to STL I was like 5 years old and thought the floating McDonald's was the greatest thing ever. So this time it's my turn to drive.

Anonymous

Been years since I was in St.L but I still believe the zoo is free. Check their website. Unless you have to see the EJD I know there were Rams gear shops in shopping malls years ago and I'm sure any sports apparel shop will have a good selection of Rams gear in St.L.. I remember one in Crestwood Plaza. Again check the website or search. Rams practice facilities are in Earth City I believe. Have fun!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yep, the zoo's still free, and there's a lot to look at.

Also, you might want to go see the Arch, pass through the Old Courthouse, go to the Veteran's Memorial, and absorb everything you can. Bring change for the parking meters, and lock the doors and hide your valuables when you get out of the car. I can't stress the latter thing enough. In Clayton, you could probably get away with that, but St. Louis is about as far from Clayton (society-wise) as it gets.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. Yeah I saw the zoo's website, and $12 for parkin ain't that bad.

The stadium isn't that big of a deal, I really want to see camp more.

I don't think we'll be goin to the Arch (I still vividly remember it). Long lines. Very long lines. Unless things changed, IDK. I remember parkin down by the river tho.

We'll see.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
When are you passing through? The dome doesn't have any kind of public access/tour so it's doubtful you'd be able to see the field.

There is a proshop in the dome, but it is only open during games. Many of the local malls have some kind of STL sports gears stores.

And the Zoo is fantastic...it is free and although you can pay to park at the zoo lot, you can also get away with parking on the street if you find a spot. There is a ton of other things to do around the zoo in Forest Park too.

Angry Ram

Thanks sum1.

I'm leavin as soon as they decide what the camp schedules are and will plan the trip accordingly.

Yeah I deceided to save the stadium when I can actually can come to a real game and go to a mall instead.

Most def. going to the zoo. I don't even mind payin the 12 bucks.

Thanks again man.

superfan24

Starter
Angry Ram said:
Thanks sum1.

I'm leavin as soon as they decide what the camp schedules are and will plan the trip accordingly.

Yeah I deceided to save the stadium when I can actually can come to a real game and go to a mall instead.

Most def. going to the zoo. I don't even mind payin the 12 bucks.

Thanks again man.

They usually have a bunch of ram gear to buy at training camp facility also. Although its more expensive then Dick's sporting goods in stl.

Angry Ram

Oh cool then. $$$ is no object. Seriously, I have a bunch of rebate cards to cash in anyway. Ha.

Oh and how good is Imo's?? Do they have deep dish (not Chicago style obviously)??

Anonymous

Angry Ram said:
Oh and how good is Imo's?? Do they have deep dish (not Chicago style obviously)??

As far as I know Imo's has always been thin crust and simply the best!

superfan24

Starter
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

Very good, but obviously not as good as chi-town :bign:

Anonymous

superfan24 said:
squeaky wheel said:
Angry Ram said:

Very good, but obviously not as good as chi-town :bign:

Well I'll grant you that Chi Town pizza includes a fork lift charge to remove the fat asses from the restaurants. :hehe:

Angry Ram

I don't need somethin like a cake..

but not too thin.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:

but not too thin.
Then you need New York pizza. Best pizza ever. Hands down.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
Angry Ram said:

but not too thin.

:cmon:
Well, it is. I used to work for a pizza place here in Florida when I was a kid, and the owners used to ship water in from New York to make the pizzas, and they were the best in the county. Pretty much forced a couple of competing places to close their doors. It's alllllllllllll in the water.

Angry Ram

Yeah New York is my fav. When I was like 10 I was in OKC and my dad ordered up some Noo Yawk pizza and gahhhh I still remember it.

I just don't like the uber thin crusts that looks like you're eatin a tostada w/ tomato sauce and toppings.

Anonymous

StlouisramsX said:
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
Angry Ram said:

but not too thin.

Well, it is. I used to work for a pizza place here in Florida when I was a kid, and the owners used to ship water in from New York to make the pizzas, and they were the best in the county. Pretty much forced a couple of competing places to close their doors. It's alllllllllllll in the water.

:cmon: :beating:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
Angry Ram said:

but not too thin.

Compelling counter-argument. :sly:

Anonymous

StlouisramsX said:
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
squeaky wheel said:
StlouisramsX said:
Angry Ram said:

but not too thin.

Compelling counter-argument. :sly:

Well New York City is famous for it's water. :roll: The mind reels as to what could be in that water. :cmon: :beating:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have no idea what's in that water. Liquid gold is the result when it's used to make pizza though.

I thought it was all a myth until I actually went to New York and tried it (not at a place like Sbarro's). Lombardi's. You wouldn't think there'd be much of a difference, but oh man there is. I absolutely refuse to eat anything like Domino's or Pizza Hut, or anything remotely like it. That place spoiled me for pizza, and the only places close to it are family-run Italian ristorantes that are few and far between.

So shuttie.