Hurricane Milton Making a Bee-Line for Central Florida

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just sheer curiosity, you strap the trailer down to the ground at all so it doesn't turn over or scoot around your yard?

Years ago when I first got it... I wondered if that was going to be necessary. I actually did strap it to an achor that was drilled in the ground... the kind they use for telephone/power poles. It wasn't necessary though... it's too heavy. Now a tornado could snatch it, but it's sat through more than a few storms with 100+mph winds. And that was when I parked it at my previous residence where we had a special paved lot down at the lake for parking... so it was basically just sitting in a paved parking lot with nothing surrounding it at all. Now, the side of my house protects it one one side and my 8 foot fence protects it on the other.

I do have to tie down the cover extra though. I have a gigantic custom canvas cover that basically wraps it like a cocoon.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
We're not on the coast where the storm surge can really be unsurviveable. Those folks obviously evacuate. We're far enough inland to be completely out of the evacuation areas. So... we are definitely staying. Hell, I'll probably go to the office tomorrow.

Seems like you guys are spooked maybe a little from the reports. I get it. I realize that TV stations get some of their highest ratings during the lead up to a storm hitting. All storms are dangerous, but this one isn't one that requires Central Florida residents to evacuate. We should be just fine... but will probably lose power. But I have a generator AND... a backup generator just in case. We brought in all of our outside furniture from the pool deck last night. Ready to roll.
Good to hear Brutha.

Man do I know about the news and getting hits over dramatizing the real news.

We have other friends in the Orlando area and they are doing the same. I think there is a saying "Run from water, hide from wind".

LA_Rams 1963 I believe is closer the coast.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good to hear Brutha.

Man do I know about the news and getting hits over dramatizing the real news.

We have other friends in the Orlando area and they are doing the same. I think there is a saying "Run from water, hide from wind".

LA_Rams 1963 I believe is closer the coast.

Yes... he's down on the west coast around Sarasota or Bradenton I think. That is an area that has parts that need to be evacuated if you're close to the ocean/Bay/Intercoastal. Hopefully he's not in an evacuation area.

My friend in Naples and his wife can't go home to their place on the water right now because of the evacuation. They're up in NC with their son who plays baseball for NC on a preplanned trip... now they can't go home.

BTW... my C-wife just told me that she just received a sweet text from your M-wife. Mahalos

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just stay safe, guys. Properties can be replaced, possessions recovered; lives cannot.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I hope people have enough time to clear the debris from around their homes from the last Hurricane before this one hits because that will only add to the destruction and mess.
I was in Key West about ten years ago when a tropical storm hit. I'm a California guy and I never seen anything like that before. Made me say nope don't want to live here. Give me an earthquake over that any day.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Go north or go south and do it fast. Get the you know what out of there.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
BTW... my C-wife just told me that she just received a sweet text from your M-wife. Mahalos
We both married well. I will share this.

Mahalos (actually in Kona right now. Honolulu tonight)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We both married well. I will share this.

Mahalos (actually in Kona right now. Honolulu tonight)

Ahhhhhh.... Oahu.

Growing up there is THE reason I'm a Ram.

There's an smoking hot "Auntie" (aka - babe) who lives on Paaaina St (Pearl City) who dreams of taking my C-wife's place and C knows it. I introduced them when we went back for a visit a few years back. Tish... real Hawaiian 100%. I had a blast with doing that. Tish tried to play it off at first... but C let her know right away that she knew all about her plans. It was hilarious for me and my parents to see. C is as sweet as they make em... but I could see her knocking Tish out. I think it's cute... C doesn't like to talk about it. LOL

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I have never posted anything like this but I am sincerely concerned about all the people in the hells path but particularly two brothers and their families @Selassie I and @LARams_1963.

Please be safe and do what you can. Both M-Wife and my thoughts and prayers are with you. If there is anything me and the M-wife can do, please let us know. We have a big house with empty rooms and dog friendly. A long way away but a place in case all others fall out. Love you brothers.
Love you both too!! Yeah…. Not looking forward to the next 40 hours. We had our asses kicked two years ago by Hurricane Ian and now this bastard Milton is gonna take a swipe at us. Two massive hurricanes in two years…. Ouch. Ian was a direct hit on us, cat4 (which they later said was basically a 5). It sat on top of us for over 8 hours and dumped 20” of rain on us. Luckily our damage was minimal, $40k.

We are about 5 miles inland and in a non flood/surge area. The concern of course is the ground is so saturated from a rainy summer and Helene 10 days ago. Our biggest concern is surrounding Pine trees falling on our house. I feel so bad for the folks in the surge areas. This is gonna be absolutely catastrophic for them. We have quite a few friends who got hammered on the coast from Hurricane Helene and now are gonna take a bigger hit from Milton.

As of right now the track moved south from Tampa to Sarasota. We are 35 miles south of Sarasota. We are shuttered up and prepared as best as possible. Plenty of Captain Morgan on hand though!

We won’t evacuate as our zone hasn’t been called to do so. After Ian, I think we’re good staying put.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Best to stay put now. I-75 is backed up way up here and gas is getting scarce. The trees are biggest worry. I was talking in my driveway today with a buddy that came up from St Pete and we heard a tree snap and thunder to the ground close by and that’s probably one damaged from Helene. Hope you guys don’t have many trees close by. Milton has a very concentrated eye, only about four miles I heard. That’ll make him roll through there like Earl Campbell. You guys have done the most important thing, got spirits in supply. Nothing worse than sitting around with no power with no booze. Stay safe brothers! This is a weird storm.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Best to stay put now. I-75 is backed up way up here and gas is getting scarce. The trees are biggest worry. I was talking in my driveway today with a buddy that came up from St Pete and we heard a tree snap and thunder to the ground close by and that’s probably one damaged from Helene. Hope you guys don’t have many trees close by. Milton has a very concentrated eye, only about four miles I heard. That’ll make him roll through there like Earl Campbell. You guys have done the most important thing, got spirits in supply. Nothing worse than sitting around with no power with no booze. Stay safe brothers! This is a weird storm.

The thought of it rolling through like Earl Campbell is not comforting at all Bo.

lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Me and wife in Port Richey about 45 minutes north of Tampa. Looks like we are staying put at this point. Where it heads in next 12 hours gonna be interesting. House boarded up and just hoping wind doesn't take roof off. Luckily in good spot on the East side of 19. Cant really leave now and hoping for best. Having grown up in Pinellas county, everything always comes our way till it isn't.I fkn hate hurricanes.

Hope everyone stays safe and it dies down fast as fuck and no major damage for anyone.

P.S. Growing up in Pinellas county and now living in Pasco, never once evacuated when hurricane was headed our way, one day one will hit dead on and it will suck for all of us growing up this way expecting it to not direct hit.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Best of luck to all of you guys who are in Milton's path.

We're so lucky that we don't get that type of weather here in the UK.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Best of luck to all of you guys who are in Milton's path.

We're so lucky that we don't get that type of weather here in the UK.
What about Hurricane Higgins? That was nasty

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Woke up this morning and see the path migrating south, as usual...LOL. Hurricane Charley was supposed to hit between Tampa and Sarasota in '04 and made a dramatic unexpected right turn up the Peace river in Port Charlotte. Hurricane Ian two years ago initially was supposed to hit Tampa and ended up hitting us directly. I'm seeing an ugly trend here...LOL. It is what it is! The waiting is the hardest part...wait, isn't that a song? :laugh2: Stay safe @Selassie I and @Tron!!

Our location (marker)

hurricane-location.jpg

Last edited: