Hunting/Survival/Shooting/Prepping

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So I picked up shooting a bow in the last 4 months and can get a type group of 5 arrows at 30 yards now. Anybody else now hunt? Any tips or advice from experience you could throw at me??

I was going to start an old thread but what’s the point? Lol oldie but goodie!

Also, I just got into reloading, anybody else reload? Prices are outrageous right now, that is if you can find anything.

Anybody find any good cheats as far as reloading goes lately?

What is reloading?

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
What is reloading?
Ever since I’ve made my phone type in multiple languages with predictive text it is randomly adjusting some words. :shock:

well I guess technically you reload after you load? Lol

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ever since I’ve made my phone type in multiple languages with predictive text it is randomly adjusting some words. :shock:

well I guess technically you reload after you load? Lol

What was the word you were trying to say?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So I picked up shooting a bow in the last 4 months and can get a type group of 5 arrows at 30 yards now. Anybody else now hunt? Any tips or advice from experience you could throw at me??

I was going to start an old thread but what’s the point? Lol oldie but goodie!

Also, I just got into reloading, anybody else reload? Prices are outrageous right now, that is if you can find anything.

Anybody find any good cheats as far as reloading goes lately?
I bow hunt. What kind of bow do you have. I have a couple compounds and several traditional bows.

I also happen to reload. I have a turret press for my hunting loads and a progressive for my semi-auto rounds.

Yes... Supplies are difficult to come by and running at high prices when you can find them. I was planning to do a couple thousand rounds this weekend.
What is reloading?
Seriously?

IMG_20210109_100135371.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Reloading is making your own bullets?

Never knew.

I thought you were saying it autocorrected something.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
I bow hunt. What kind of bow do you have. I have a couple compounds and several traditional bows.

I also happen to reload. I have a turret press for my hunting loads and a progressive for my semi-auto rounds.

Yes... Supplies are difficult to come by and running at high prices when you can find them. I was planning to do a couple thousand rounds this weekend.

Seriously?

View attachment 42688
Sorry, some how or another never Never responded, must of been the crown and coke that night! Lol

Im using a Matthews bow from my uncle since he doesn’t bowhunt anymore. It’s a bad ass bow, 80 lab draw.

Finally Can hit a 5 arrow group within a foot of eachother @40 yards with most being kill shots. Haven’t tried 50 plus yards yet.

I’m about to put in for my States draw here in NM. Deer, elk, antelope, and ibex.

Ps nice set up there! Have you had any luck finding anything that isn’t out of this world pricing as far as reloading supplies!?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry, some how or another never Never responded, must of been the crown and coke that night! Lol

Im using a Matthews bow from my uncle since he doesn’t bowhunt anymore. It’s a bad ass bow, 80 lab draw.

Finally Can hit a 5 arrow group within a foot of eachother @40 yards with most being kill shots. Haven’t tried 50 plus yards yet.

I’m about to put in for my States draw here in NM. Deer, elk, antelope, and ibex.

Ps nice set up there! Have you had any luck finding anything that isn’t out of this world pricing as far as reloading supplies!?
I have been finding some here and there. Everything costs more these days.

Generally, your bow shots while hunting should be 40 yds or less. Most of mine have been 25 or less. Practice practice practice. You will get to where you are splitting arrows at times.

One of the bigger challenges is the stalk. You have to be virtually invisible while maintaining down wind position and do little things to make the animal think everything is normal.

Another little tip. If the animals take off, don't hesitate to take off after them. They don't like to leave their home area and will generally stop fairly quickly. I've been in on a heard of elk 5 or 6 times in a day and they were back the next day. I've also been less than 10 yards from a monster bull and couldn't take a shot. Bow hunting is freaking amazing.